News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Indy_UK

I'm really late to the park pass system and not have a chance to try it yet.

Am I right that you can only book 3 days in a row? How far out can these be booked? Do DVC members have to do anything differently to day guests?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I'm really late to the park pass system and not have a chance to try it yet.

Am I right that you can only book 3 days in a row? How far out can these be booked? Do DVC members have to do anything differently to day guests?
You can book as many days as you have valid park tickets. APs without a resort reservation are limited to 3 days at a time.

You can book at any time as long as you have valid tickets. Currently the park pass system goes through 2022.

DVC members book the same way as everyone else.

Indy_UK

You can book as many days as you have valid park tickets. APs without a resort reservation are limited to 3 days at a time.

You can book at any time as long as you have valid tickets. Currently the park pass system goes through 2022.

DVC members book the same way as everyone else.

Thank you for the quick reply. Makes sense then to add tickets as soon as I make my DVC reservation in September for next August.

Seems this new way does lean a lot in favour of those who aren't annual pass holders

DCBaker

Premium Member
Epcot park passes have been refreshed for Epcot on Oct 1st for APs.

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 11.53.03 AM.png

MaryJaneP

Wondering whether others see the park pass system as something which TDO lucked into ahead of the 50th or is being used to purposely control the spread of attendance of the crowds expected during the 50th? Does anyone see that park hopping will be further constrained prior to and/or during the 50th celebration?

Dory71

Need a little help with my memory... We booked last minute DVC accommodations for July 2-6. My husband booked park reservations for the 3,4,5 (we are AP). We then added our daughter to the trip and she changed the reservations to the 2,3,4 but was unable to get the 5th due to AP tickets. I remember reading about issues with park reservation availability with resort guests vs AP. MK is not available for any of the days for resort guests so I don't want to link the reservation. Can we wait until the 3rd to book an additional day? Is there a way to correct this? Is it going to entail waiting on hold for days???

ToTBellHop

Need a little help with my memory... We booked last minute DVC accommodations for July 2-6. My husband booked park reservations for the 3,4,5 (we are AP). We then added our daughter to the trip and she changed the reservations to the 2,3,4 but was unable to get the 5th due to AP tickets. I remember reading about issues with park reservation availability with resort guests vs AP. MK is not available for any of the days for resort guests so I don't want to link the reservation. Can we wait until the 3rd to book an additional day? Is there a way to correct this? Is it going to entail waiting on hold for days???
It will be a challenge to get an MK reservation in early July.

nickys

Premium Member
We were able to get one as an AP for the 2nd but don't want to lose it if we add our reservation as resort guest and there are no MK days available for resort guests.
But you’ll be no worse off.

If you link the reservation, then you can at least book a park for the 5th and hop to MK after 2pm if you want to. And keep checking for Mk, although I suspect it’ll be near impossible unless they open more up.

If you don’t link the reservation then you can’t do anything for the 5th until the parks close on the 2nd.

You won’t lose your existing park days if you link the DVC reservation.

ToTBellHop

But you’ll be no worse off.

If you link the reservation, then you can at least book a park for the 5th and hop to MK after 2pm if you want to. And keep checking for Mk, although I suspect it’ll be near impossible unless they open more up.

If you don’t link the reservation then you can’t do anything for the 5th until the parks close on the 2nd.

You won’t lose your existing park days if you link the DVC reservation.
Exactly, but you do risk ending up with nothing by waiting. I wouldn’t be surprised to see all parks sell out in early July, so it is best to grab passes now.

Maybe one of you all might know this so I do not have to deal with being on hold for years with the ticketing department haha. I purchased a one day ticket for the wrong date at the end of June and I am trying to change it. Apparently I need to somehow change the date before I can make a new park reservation with that ticket? I am not seeing a option on My Disney Experience to change a ticket date. Could it be I am not seeing it because the ticket is linked to my family members account, even though I was the one who purchased it?

nickys

Premium Member
Maybe one of you all might know this so I do not have to deal with being on hold for years with the ticketing department haha. I purchased a one day ticket for the wrong date at the end of June and I am trying to change it. Apparently I need to somehow change the date before I can make a new park reservation with that ticket? I am not seeing a option on My Disney Experience to change a ticket date. Could it be I am not seeing it because the ticket is linked to my family members account, even though I was the one who purchased it?
Did you buy the ticket from Disney or form a third party seller?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom