News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

DCBaker

Premium Member
Park pass refresh just happened for the next few days for Ticket/Resort Guests -

Before and after -

Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 3.56.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 7.58.01 PM.png

Magic Feather

Disney’s resolution on keeping park pass for the foreseeable future (while still very strong) seems to be slightly weaker than in the past. The current set up where demand is outstripping supply, in some guest satisfaction surveys, appears to be blamed on the reservation system by a lot of more casual consumers.

While Disney physically can’t blow capacity for the parks wide open at the moment without creating a cluster____ between tide capacity, dining, transportation, etc. They are going to need to as soon as possible (to the surprise of nobody).

pdude81

Disney’s resolution on keeping park pass for the foreseeable future (while still very strong) seems to be slightly weaker than in the past. The current set up where demand is outstripping supply, in some guest satisfaction surveys, appears to be blamed on the reservation system by a lot of more casual consumers.

While Disney physically can’t blow capacity for the parks wide open at the moment without creating a cluster____ between tide capacity, dining, transportation, etc. They are going to need to as soon as possible (to the surprise of nobody).
Just one person but I shredded park reservation requirements in surveys after my last trip. The 2pm hop time is a pita

CosmicRays

I really hope they rethink their stance on the park passes. These surveys should help.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Imagine how pi ssy guests srd going to be when the park is unbearably crowded and there were park reservations required…

“you had the ability to limit how many were here and it still sucked!”

the reservation system only amplifies the point that disney controls how crowded the parks are. Such a system only makes guests put more blame on park management when crowds are bad.

Last edited:

runnsally

Imagine how pi ssy guests srd going to be when the park is unbearably crowded and there were park reservations required…

“you had the ability to limit how many were here and it still sucked!”

the reservation system only amplifies the point that disney controls how crowded the parks are. Such a system will only makes guests put more blame on park management when crowds are bad.
Excellent point

DisneyDean97

I haven't been keeping up with this thread, so forgive me if this has been asked recently, but do we have any idea when/if Park Hopping will go back to normal, ie. lifting the 2pm window to start jumping around from park to park? Or if they're going to move the time from lets say 2PM to maybe 12pm?
Thanks

Chomama

I haven't been keeping up with this thread, so forgive me if this has been asked recently, but do we have any idea when/if Park Hopping will go back to normal, ie. lifting the 2pm window to start jumping around from park to park? Or if they're going to move the time from lets say 2PM to maybe 12pm?
Thanks
I wonder if they are playing around with keeping some restrictions. It helps manage the ROTR virtual queue process

TTA94

I'm sure they are, I just hope the 2PM restriction isn't permanent. Most people who want to Park Hop just want to hit a few attractions and then bounce to another park, getting to a park right at open and waiting until 2PM stinks, imo

Park hoping is likely going to be a challenge for those wanting to head over to MK and Epcot in the evenings on Oct 1, and probably that entire weekend. Id expect NYE crowds levels.

nickys

Premium Member
I wonder if they are playing around with keeping some restrictions. It helps manage the ROTR virtual queue process
I’m not sure it does. You have to have a park reservation to try for a BG whether at 7am or 1pm. Allowing hopping early wouldn’t affect it, people still couldn’t get one.

But I guess it’s possible that more people trying and getting stopped at step one might affect those who “qualify” - from a wifi POV or numbers using the system.

Clamman73

Thanks
You’d think whenever the Epcot monorail opens up…And I’d wish they’d move Epcot opening back to 9AM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom