News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Snapper Bean

Random Question - I am currently at the parks. My understanding was that FastPass has been completely disabled but certain people are getting access to it. Is there some sort of special perk out there of which I am not aware - maybe COVID health care workers or something? Just curious.

nickys

Premium Member
Random Question - I am currently at the parks. My understanding was that FastPass has been completely disabled but certain people are getting access to it. Is there some sort of special perk out there of which I am not aware - maybe COVID health care workers or something? Just curious.
DAS and rider swap use the FP line, as do VIP tours plus anyone given one by Guest Services to redress a problem.

Kevin_W

In AK today and just got a note that everest will be down for the day. That's a significant portion of the parks total capacity. In prior days, we'd probably hop somewhere else, but as of now we can't. And this is our only AK day, so no Everest for us.

SpectroMagician

2022???? I read it just assuming it meant 2021.

So no park hopping for ANOTHER WHOLE YEAR! Even if there is a vaccine. What is wrong with Chapek does he want to bankrupt the company?

drew81

People are paying full price admission for limited hours, no fireworks, no parades, and he was able to lay-off 28,000 cm’s AFTER sending all the CP’s and Internationals home. This is Chapeks dream come true.
Exactly.
Wait till everyone sees what’s happened to Walt Disney Entertainment. Shows and parades are doomed.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

So no park hopping for ANOTHER WHOLE YEAR! Even if there is a vaccine. What is wrong with Chapek does he want to bankrupt the company?
In this thread, all references to 2022 are for room reservations extending into 2022. Not for the name-your-park-for-the-day reservation lasting that long.

nickys

Premium Member

Park reservations have been extended to 2022.

That does not necessarily mean no park hopping. According to @Magic Feather , it isn’t a top priority right now, the park reservation system could be changed to allow park hopping. I would post his comment but search isn’t working properly right now.

nickys

Premium Member
I agree.

But... this is normal right? Happened after 9/11 right? Entertainers were just working a gig anyways right?

Cue jungle cruise de-nile joke.

Many of the entertainment CMs, performers or technicians, were employed on the same terms and other CMs. And they have been decimated. Someone posted there aren’t enough technicians left now to run Fantasmic.

The bands, WS entertainers and so on we’re likely on gig contracts, year on year.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Park reservations have been extended to 2022.

That does not necessarily mean no park hopping. According to @Magic Feather , it isn’t a top priority right now, the park reservation system could be changed to allow park hopping. I would post his comment but search isn’t working properly right now.

Here..
Park hopping is on the docket to return while the park reservation system is in place. It's just not next up from a priorities standpoint.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom