News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

SoFloMagic

Getting something on a weekday, a week or so in advance isn't unheard of (although very, very random) but getting anything on a weekend is nearly impossible. And for a Passholder to get into DHS on a weekend you have to book that 2 months in advance. But anything you find is just anecdotal and does not change the overall pattern of severely limiting access to local passholders who are not staying in a Disney Resort. I'd have immediate access if I just bought a retail ticket, but my AP will not allow me access this weekend.
Yep. Favoring tickets that haven't been bought yet (potential tickets, if you will) over already sold annual passes is just dirty.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
So... I was browsing Twitter, and I found a certain owner of a certain site pose an interesting question: how are bloggers w/ AP’s going everyday when AP reservations appear to be booked up for weeks. Later in his replies, he’s claiming that he’s going to publish how they are doing it.

Admittedly, there are a few ways this could be happening, from constant refreshing to company media contacts, but, if he’s referencing the way to get seemingly booked park passes that I think he is... I’m a little worried that revealing the method will stop people that really need (admittedly need is subjective, but by this I mean people with visitors that need certain dates) park reservations from getting them.

That said, if it comes out, as much as I really would prefer to discourage people from doing the method, I’m adhering to the “don’t hate the player, hate the game mentality” on this one, so just use the new process before Disney potentially has to take away this method.

I brought this up on twitter last week and got ostracized for it...

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I had to change my dates this month. When I made the Pop resort reservation change to a week earlier, all my park reservations disappeared and I had to redo them for the week I was going.

Are you an AP tho? When I cancelled my November reservation my park passes stayed. I'm AP.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
i have a feeling the way they're "cheating" the system is piggybacking onto people's room reservations and/or making bogus room reservations and cancelling.

I have friends coming down over Labor Day and I told them to add me to their resort reservation so I could go to the parks with them Otherwise I wouldn't be able to get in with the limited AP reservations

DCBaker

Premium Member
Current look at reservations -

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 10.25.57 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 10.26.14 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 10.26.22 AM.png

Ticket and Resort guests are currently all open, except for these dates in September -

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 10.26.34 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 10.26.41 AM.png

JohnD

Current look at reservations -

View attachment 490534View attachment 490535View attachment 490536

Ticket and Resort guests are currently all open, except for these dates in September -

View attachment 490537View attachment 490538

Saturday 10/31 is the rarity that MK would be blocked out first rather than HS. But it's obvious why in this case. It's Halloween. Okay, it's not the MNSSHP party but I guess people want to be there anyway for the Halloween atmosphere and make their own "party" out of it.

joejccva71

I'd be willing to bet that people are booking room reservations, putting down the deposit, making park pass reservations and then cancelling while the park passes are staying.

AugieJ

Due to the uncertainty of Hawaii being open for our Aulani reservation in November we are thinking about switching our trip to WDW.
This reservation system is expected in the Covid era but is a tad confusing.

Am I correct in that we would only be able to make dining reservations in the park that we plan to visit for the full day? We would not be able eat at Epcot in the evening even if we went to AK during the day?

disneygeek90

Due to the uncertainty of Hawaii being open for our Aulani reservation in November we are thinking about switching our trip to WDW.

Am I correct in that we would only be able to make dining reservations in the park that we plan to visit for the full day? We would not be able eat at Epcot in the evening even if we went to AK during the day?
Correct. No park hopping, even for ADR’s. You’d need to book something in AK, or springs/resorts.

Magic Feather

Plan it that way for now. 1 Park per Day.

That said, if you would want to hop, keep your idea in the back of your head. It may be an option by then.

flutas

I'd be willing to bet that people are booking room reservations, putting down the deposit, making park pass reservations and then cancelling while the park passes are staying.

Missing 2 steps placed near the end.

But close enough to give the IT crew an idea of what to look for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom