News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

BlackCauldron

Sorry if this is in the thread already. I assume that you can leave the park that you have a reservation for and reenter later that day. At lease I hope so. Appreciate any confirmation - heading to the Disney bubble on 8/13.

Yes, you can leave the park and then re-enter that same park later in the day.

disneygeek90

AP calendar still looking rough for August
B3139CB0-F20D-4CA6-8C3A-EE6CD27958BC.jpeg

Capsin4

Anyone know if Swan and Dolphin count as resort guest for reservations? Not too familiar with them, but we’re considering a stay there and it seems their benefits have changed over the years. Im guessing they do since they get most of the typical onsite benefits. Thanks!

disneygeek90

What’s crazy is that the calendar says one thing but trying to actually get a reservation is another. I literally just got a reservation for EPCOT for tomorrow.
I wonder if, at any moment, there could be dozens of spots open due to people dropping in real time and if you just happen to choose at the right time it might go through without the actual calendar making any change?

ElvisMickey

I wonder if, at any moment, there could be dozens of spots open due to people dropping in real time and if you just happen to choose at the right time it might go through without the actual calendar making any change?

I was thinking that too. And maybe there’s just a disconnect between the calendar and the reservation system...deliberate or not.

Gillyanne

Like FP+ showing no times (or few) left but click the ride vs a time and more/different times come up. And/or seeing the time but by the time you get thru to confirm it, it not taking bc someone else was slightly faster...

Magic Feather

Pretty much exactly that. There is a threshold of the amount of spots that have to be open in order to flag a park as “available” on the calendar. For instance, they won’t say it’s available if they only have four spots left, because then, someone can’t book their family of 6 and gets upset.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Anyone know if Swan and Dolphin count as resort guest for reservations? Not too familiar with them, but we’re considering a stay there and it seems their benefits have changed over the years. Im guessing they do since they get most of the typical onsite benefits. Thanks!

Just a word of caution. After booking the Swolphin, it may take 1-3 days for your reservation to hit the Disney servers. So, once you book, you'll have to wait a few days before you can reserve a park.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Long time listener, first time caller,

If the parks are woefully empty and not even close to limited capacity, why not eliminate the whole park reservation system and restrictions on park hopping? It seems fairly easy? Or allow park hopping to the lower utilized parks like Epcot and DAK?

peter11435

Long time listener, first time caller,

If the parks are woefully empty and not even close to limited capacity, why not eliminate the whole park reservation system and restrictions on park hopping? It seems fairly easy? Or allow park hopping to the lower utilized parks like Epcot and DAK?
Because there is a very fine line right now between Woefully empty; just right; and way too much. We’re basically talking just a couple thousand between empty and too much:

Parker in NYC

How are all of those AP holders doing with this insanity? Or are they just booking overpriced rooms to gain admittance to the parks? I'd consider myself an AP holder but it's essentially worthless at this point. I may as well toss it in the trash.

donsullivan

Premium Member
How are all of those AP holders doing with this insanity? Or are they just booking overpriced rooms to gain admittance to the parks? I'd consider myself an AP holder but it's essentially worthless at this point. I may as well toss it in the trash.

Local passholders are getting progressively more frustrated as this keeps getting worse instead of better. As of this morning, you can't get into any park besides Epcot on the weekend until SEP 19, and nothing except EC for the rest of AUG, and pretty much nothing on weekends when most local passholders would visit. It's dramatically changing the calculation of an AP as a local when you need to plan 45 days in advance just to visit. I've had a WDW AP for nearly 30 years and just purchased a renewal that kicks in starting in SEP.

If something doesn't change in the coming weeks (and it likely will) I may contact them and cancel that renewal and just wait until things return to a point where I can actually use it. I've talked to many local passholders recently who are planning the same thing. Either cancelling as it is, or running their current one to the end and then not renewing until the parks become available for local Passholders again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom