News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Hcalvert

The answer to this is simple. Most people aren’t holding 15 reservations at one time.

Jealous much? I don't know what else to say. I saw people coming at all times to the parks. What baffled me is those entering the last hour, especially at EPCOT when I passed them in the parking lot.

disneygeek90

Jealous much? I don't know what else to say. I saw people coming at all times to the parks. What baffled me is those entering the last hour, especially at EPCOT when I passed them in the parking lot.
It just is what it is. Most aren't holding 15 days and there's value in getting your "days" worth when you're only holding a few. Conversely, Epcot is also open later and will benefit locals more to try and make a quick reservation for after work in the evenings.

Hcalvert

It just is what it is. Most aren't holding 15 days and there's value in ga quick reservation for after work in the evenings.
I am out of state and this trip was planned for two weeks in June and I had another one week trip planned for March. I had to settle with the two weeks. It was worth it for us and we might return in March and June 2021. We renewed our APs before this trip and are currently waiting for the refund from our last APs that expired on July 8. I held 14 reservations as I decided to drop the last day (HWS reservation) and drive 16 hours home on Friday.

7ee1ff51-e9a6-4489-806f-61c3aadde168.jpg
1595723751082.png
1595723812894.png

Last edited:

DonaldDoleWhip

Apologies if this has already been asked - I saw today's update that Park Pass availability is now open to CMs, including One-Day Park Hoppers.

I have two of these from a CM friend, but they both expired in June (during the shutdown, of course). Is there any chance of these being extended, or am I out of luck?

For the record, I'm currently on the wrong side of the country to use them, but would appreciate the opportunity at some point (even if it's when capacity is increased). Also totally understand priority is going to resort guests, purchased tickets, APs, etc., so this is a strict hypothetical.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Apologies if this has already been asked - I saw today's update that Park Pass availability is now open to CMs, including One-Day Park Hoppers.

I have two of these from a CM friend, but they both expired in June (during the shutdown, of course). Is there any chance of these being extended, or am I out of luck?

For the record, I'm currently on the wrong side of the country to use them, but would appreciate the opportunity at some point (even if it's when capacity is increased). Also totally understand priority is going to resort guests, purchased tickets, APs, etc., so this is a strict hypothetical.
Comp Tickets with a June 2020 expiration date should have been extended to Sep 26 2021

jaxonp

I just heard from someone that they were able to go to one park in the morning then get another reservation for a different park the same night. Has anyone else heard this?

Darth Snips

I just heard from someone that they were able to go to one park in the morning then get another reservation for a different park the same night. Has anyone else heard this?
I guess it depends on what you mean by "that night". You are allowed to make a new reservation after 9:00 PM on the day of your existing reservation. However, this is because the last park (Epcot) closes at 9. So, while it is a new reservation for a different park made on the same day, it is not a reservation that can be used the same day.

If you mean they were able to essentially park hop by getting using two different reservations the same day, that would definitely be a first. That said, knowing Disney's IT skills, I feel like such a glitch may not be inconceivable.

jaxonp

I guess it depends on what you mean by "that night". You are allowed to make a new reservation after 9:00 PM on the day of your existing reservation. However, this is because the last park (Epcot) closes at 9. So, while it is a new reservation for a different park made on the same day, it is not a reservation that can be used the same day.

If you mean they were able to essentially park hop by getting using two different reservations the same day, that would definitely be a first. That said, knowing Disney's IT skills, I feel like such a glitch may not be inconceivable.

I could see a glitch. I'm not sure why they would make that up.. 2 parks, 1 day. News to me.

Magic Feather

I've specifically heard the opposite. People that went to DHS, went in, missed the RotR drop, tried to switch to Epcot (canceled the DHS reservation and tried to make it for Epcot) and couldn't. Availability wasn't an issue.

techgeek

Was the someone a castmember? CM access is a newish thing, perhaps it’s a bug that involves that bucket of availability.

Marlins1

Sorry if this is in the thread already. I assume that you can leave the park that you have a reservation for and reenter later that day. At lease I hope so. Appreciate any confirmation - heading to the Disney bubble on 8/13.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Sorry if this is in the thread already. I assume that you can leave the park that you have a reservation for and reenter later that day. At lease I hope so. Appreciate any confirmation - heading to the Disney bubble on 8/13.

Yes, you can leave and re-enter the same park on the same day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom