News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Kman101

I was able to snag DHS again last night on the 15th so I'm thrilled I didn't have to wake up at 6am. Sounds like there's still glitches in the system.

Just call. They can work it out.

I was told that if I had a reservation and park days booked that way, as an AP you could still get three. I'm still having some issues related to Monday so I can't test that theory.

DCBaker

Premium Member
What July currently looks like -

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 8.43.03 AM.png

vikescaper

Just confirmed w Disney after well over an hour on hold that you can’t have resort and non resort day reservations (I’ve got 5 reservations over my stay mid July, so I couldn’t make 3 more). Luckily my stay is only a week after opening so I’ll just keep things the way they are but it is unfortunate.

If we didn’t have a stay at the end of August, I would be more upset. Thankfully there is the pass holder days coming up so my fingers are crossed that I can get into that.

Kman101

This is very not good for APs. That said, I can't help but assume a lot of these bookings are people that wanted an earlier date, realized tey couldn't book that, so they grabbed the first available date they could find. I expect a good portion of AP no-shows.

And many are booking day after day at DHS, lol. Someone literally has three in a row. That's fine, but that contributes to lack of ability. I agree with you they're just grabbing what they can, mostly on weekends (likely staying off-site cheaply or they live close enough)

I'm guessing the amount isn't very high. Do you really think they re-allocate? I don't, lol. You may luck out and snag something previously unavailable. I lost DHS on the 15th but then I was able to book it last night again. It showed no availability but then suddenly a time popped up.

Remember that DHS is probably very low capacity. They can only fit so many people in.

But YIKES. As a passholder it's going to be a struggle I can see.

nickys

Premium Member
I was able to snag DHS again last night on the 15th so I'm thrilled I didn't have to wake up at 6am. Sounds like there's still glitches in the system.

Just call. They can work it out.

I was told that if I had a reservation and park days booked that way, as an AP you could still get three. I'm still having some issues related to Monday so I can't test that theory.
What kind of issues are you still having from Monday?
As far as I know they seemed to fix most of the known ones:
- AP with a resort stay
- Multiple tickets
- MNSSHP tickets not properly cancelled
- Active AP + a renewal voucher
I know that you may need to call about is getting the renewal AP “reset”.

Kman101

What kind of issues are you still having from Monday?
As far as I know they seemed to fix most of the known ones:
- AP with a resort stay
- Multiple tickets
- MNSSHP tickets not properly cancelled
- Active AP + a renewal voucher
I know that you may need to call about is getting the renewal AP “reset”.

AP with resort stay. Mine is special. The lady literally told me I stumped IT and they hadn't had my problem. It was because of who I booked through and a certain hotel linking all my reservations together, even the cancelled ones. It's a strange problem. The kind agent was able to link FP planning cards (it's not FP anymore of course but that's what it's called and they used to do it for guests so they could make FP selections before their arrival) to my account and book passes for me for my trip in August. My AP is valid and fine. My resort stays are valid and fine. So it's a very specific issue to me. How lucky am I? lol

So I still can't book as a resort guest and I'm booked up as AP still. So not necessarily solved.

nickys

Premium Member
Kind of surprised by the lack of AP availability compared to resort guests. Maybe they need to reallocate tickets if demand isn’t at the resorts?
Agreed but they are also aware there are resort guests who don’t have tickets yet and they won’t want to shut them out if they can help it. I don’t know if they can tell how many fall into that category. They could run a matching scan to get an idea, but emails have given people until July 1st to confirm they are coming.

seascape

I made my reservations for August. I wish I could have made 5 because that is what I wanted for my stay at Bonnett Creek. Now, I need to hope Florida, NJ and NY drop their quarantine requirements. This is crazy for peopleveho wear masks, wash hands all the time and keep Social distancing. We are not huge riders of the thrill rides and would put on a new pair of gloves for each ride and use our own wipes before getting on. Are we crazy? No, we are not as bad as Monk but play it safe.

nickys

Premium Member
AP with resort stay. Mine is special. The lady literally told me I stumped IT and they hadn't had my problem. It was because of who I booked through and a certain hotel linking all my reservations together, even the cancelled ones. It's a strange problem. The kind agent was able to link FP planning cards (it's not FP anymore of course but that's what it's called and they used to do it for guests so they could make FP selections before their arrival) to my account and book passes for me for my trip in August. My AP is valid and fine. My resort stays are valid and fine. So it's a very specific issue to me. How lucky am I? lol

So I still can't book as a resort guest and I'm booked up as AP still. So not necessarily solved.
I hope you’re not offended by the laugh emoji!

You have your very own glitch, it’s a new magical extra they’ve introduced for special guests. Cupcakes are so passé these days. 😉

Kman101

I made my reservations for August. I wish I could have made 5 because that is what I wanted for my stay at Bonnett Creek. Now, I need to hope Florida, NJ and NY drop their quarantine requirements. This is crazy for peopleveho wear masks, wash hands all the time and keep Social distancing. We are not huge riders of the thrill rides and would put on a new pair of gloves for each ride and use our own wipes before getting on. Are we crazy? No, we are not as bad as Monk but play it safe.

You should be able to call, if you dare to try. They can probably come up with a similar fix as mine. When Disney tells everyone 'no glitches' they're lying. LOL.

Kman101

I hope you’re not offended by the laugh emoji!

You have your very own glitch, it’s a new magical extra they’ve introduced for special guests. Cupcakes are so passé these days. 😉

lol no! It is funny (in a way). OF COURSE I have a specific issue. NEVER fails. LMAO. The agent and I had a good laugh too even though she felt really bad. She tried very very very hard.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom