News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Kman101

Has anyone had success by deleting their three park reservations and starting over? I'm too unwilling to delete DHS on the 15th. I don't have hope I can get it on Friday and am not sure if I can even book three beyond my resort stay even as an AP. It's honestly really confusing.

Other APs were fixed on Monday. It's gotta be something specific to me? No? So maddening to not be able to talk to anyone about this.

At this point with how difficult they're making it and with rising cases I may just not go, LOL

DCBaker

Premium Member
Animal Kingdom is now full for resort guests on July 12th.

Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 1.22.10 PM.png

Aries1975

Apologies for not providing the info sooner, but I was able to book our park reservations (party of 13 - so two "parties" for each reservation) in the middle of the night Monday - early morning Tuesday for our DVC 8/16-8/24 stay. We bought the "dated" 8/16, 8-day park-hoppers from AAA in February. I had linked the tickets to my disney experience account well before the window for park reservations opened. But tickets from "resellers" definitely work.

We also were recently told our waitlist, made in February, from Kidani to Jambo was granted. So, I am hoping the pool and restaurants in Jambo will open by mid-August. It is a long walk from Jambo to Kidani's pool.

Kman101

Yeah, deleting and starting over didn't work. LOL. Hopefully I can get DHS again on Friday.

I also have a cancelled reservation overlapping with a current booking. I feel like I just have so many issues that need to be worked out. Sigh.

I don't get why you can't remove friends and family and reservations when you can add them. lol.

Last edited:

MadMax11

So here's a pickle...we have friends who have a room reserved for December after we got pushed out of a trip with them in June. I bought my tickets before the park was closed...they had not purchased their tickets yet. Despite having a room reservation, they're being told they can't purchase tickets yet, and likely won't be able to until August. Which means they're unable to make park reservations for their trip in December, because they don't have tickets.

kenny279

With all these restrictions, I am beginning to think Disney does not care about DVC now that we have given them the cash. As others have said, I guess we truly are an ATM for them. My mistake is not buying tickets 11 months out for a reservation that is still five months out. If we have to wait until late summer to get tickets, what is going to be left? We are being punished because we can't buy packages.

DisneyJoe

You can book 500 days out. 500 days from now is November 6, 2021. I've had my post 9/26 resort reservation for weeks.
According to info given today, new WDW package reservations can only be made for those departing before 9/27/2021.

For those with an existing resort reservation, you will only be able to make a park pass reservation up to and including 9/26/2021.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Yikes.

"A Disney spokesperson told CBS MoneyWatch the reservation system had no such glitch. Disney had made the system available Monday first for people with a previous Disney World resort reservation, the spokesperson said. The system will be available for annual pass holders this Friday and for the general public on Sunday.

People who couldn’t reserve Monday probably thought it was a glitch, but in reality, they were likely trying to book before it was their turn, the spokesperson said. "

I guess the new hires are making an impact!

download (3).jpeg

mickeymiss

I was able to add a couple of ticket days yesterday and they said we wouldn't have access to the reservation system for up to 24 hours. I assumed that eas an overestimate but we are at hour 22. I will probably have a nervous break down if I have to call that number again.

wendysue

you will need to call and get Guest services. where POP is going to be open, and depending what part of august AoA opens they will move you at their cost.
I tried calling this afternoon and on the 3rd try I got through. They got us booked into POP right away for the same price, so I guess I didn't need to worry. I had wanted to go to POP initially, but it was almost 300 more at that time, so am glad to get there. I love riding the gondola. :)

Disney Dad 3000

This may have already been announced and I missed it, but will be interested to see if someone cancels their resort reservation or shortens by a few days, will park reservations they have booked drop off MDE or still stick.

Mainahman

I tried calling this afternoon and on the 3rd try I got through. They got us booked into POP right away for the same price, so I guess I didn't need to worry. I had wanted to go to POP initially, but it was almost 300 more at that time, so am glad to get there. I love riding the gondola. :)
Score! POP is our home resort. We only chose All stars for the suites. You are going to have a great time!

prmatz

Tickets have a expiration date... but a there is a separate rule that once tickets get used.. a second clock starts and the days must be used within x days of first use (x varies based on length of ticket). You can't buy a 10 day ticket and just slowly eat away at it anymore like you used to.

Disney's extending expirations for tickets would be for extending the first use.. not change the rule about when a used ticket expires.
Based on the discussion with a ticketing cast member today... this policy has changed. They've indicated that with the extension, you can use the ticket on any six days (our ticket was a 6-day multiday) between 7/5/2020 (this was our anticipated first use date before the closures) and 9/26/2021, even if you use some days this year and the remaining in 2021, on or prior to September 26th. We asked her if we could use 2 tickets this winter and 4 next summer, and were assured this would work without issue. Asked her how confident she was.... indicated 100%.

I would anticipate, that when the 2021 tickets to on sale (or 2020 ones later this year), the same will not be true... but she indicated that was the new policy for those tickets with the 9/26/2021 expiration date.

KikoKea

Well, I got my problem with MDE app fixed by using Chat. Had to wait for nearly an hour before the Chat emblem color changed to show it was active, and clicked on it as fast as my arthritic finger could move. Waited another hour for CM to be available, but she was able to put me on the SoG reservations . Went back to MDE afterwards and got my park passes without a problem. What a mess.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Based on the discussion with a ticketing cast member today... this policy has changed. They've indicated that with the extension, you can use the ticket on any six days (our ticket was a 6-day multiday) between 7/5/2020 (this was our anticipated first use date before the closures) and 9/26/2021, even if you use some days this year and the remaining in 2021, on or prior to September 26th. We asked her if we could use 2 tickets this winter and 4 next summer, and were assured this would work without issue. Asked her how confident she was.... indicated 100%.

very interesting. thx for sharing.

NelleBelle

Quick question for those who booked resorts today for 2021...I'm looking at trying to book a campsite at FW; I was able to look at the parks availability calendar but I want to book tickets; am I able to do this at the same time I book the resort?? Or are there no tickets to be sold as of yet? It's so unclear!

PrincessLaur

With all these restrictions, I am beginning to think Disney does not care about DVC now that we have given them the cash. As others have said, I guess we truly are an ATM for them. My mistake is not buying tickets 11 months out for a reservation that is still five months out. If we have to wait until late summer to get tickets, what is going to be left? We are being punished because we can't buy packages.

I agree, I am so frustrated. Booked GF for late September. I have an AP but my husband and newly turned three year old do not so they need tickets. We can’t buy tickets, which is insane. So if I cancel and roll my points into next year, am i even going to be able to use them then? It feels like a perpetual backlog of points is being created.

Hcalvert

Quick question for those who booked resorts today for 2021...I'm looking at trying to book a campsite at FW; I was able to look at the parks availability calendar but I want to book tickets; am I able to do this at the same time I book the resort?? Or are there no tickets to be sold as of yet? It's so unclear!
Yes there is an option to purchase tickets-one park a day, hopper, sports & waterparks, and all of the additional options together.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom