News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

mickeymiss

This will probably be one of the busiest days. It might be better to wait a couple days until call volume drops a bit.
Do you think there will be hotel openings if I wait? I feel like they put bumped people in an impossible situation. I couldn’t modify until today but everyone is calling about the ticket system right now. Meanwhile, can’t new reservations be made online while I am strictly prohibited from modifying online?

Aries1975

For those following along at home (all times EST)
45 min on Castle. 6:40-7:25. Then logged in. Then 15 min blank blue screen. Then Stitch.

90 min on Castle. 7:45-9:15. I have entered my ID and password 10 times but keep getting Log-in screen.

10 am Learned backdoor through dining - Yay!

11 am timed out - signed out. DME showed no plans. Panic... Refreshed a lot. "Plans currently no available." Refreshed a lot more.

11:30 Accessed park reservation system through "how-to" page.

12:45 After a solid hour "in orbit" waiting for the park pass system. I got a white screen. Refreshed

1 pm Toggling back between park hours calendar (to remain logged in) and orbit waiting for parks reservation system. White screen again. Still had "how-to" page open, so opened in a new window. Back in orbit.

Not Happy

Jefro

So, just in case I'm missing something - I have an annual pass and (international travel permitting which is unlikely) am staying for nearly 2 weeks in September (not on property) but will only be allowed to guarantee a visit to a Disney park for 3 days out of that fortnight?
Yes. Right now, that is correct.

DisneyOutsider

Do you think there will be hotel openings if I wait? I feel like they put bumped people in an impossible situation. I couldn’t modify until today but everyone is calling about the ticket system right now. Meanwhile, can’t new reservations be made online while I am strictly prohibited from modifying online?

I think there will be lots and lots of hotel openings for at least the next year. There's not too many people rushing to get back to Disney right now.

Baloo62

45 min on Castle. 6:40-7:25. Then logged in. Then 15 min blank blue screen. Then Stitch.

90 min on Castle. 7:45-9:15. I have entered my ID and password 10 times but keep getting Log-in screen.

11 am timed out - signed out. DME showed no plans. Panic... Refreshed a lot. "Plans currently no available." Refreshed a lot more.

12:45 After a solid hour "in orbit" waiting for the park pass system. I got a white screen. Refreshed

1 pm Toggling back between park hours calendar (to remain logged in) and orbit waiting for parks reservation system. White screen again. Still had "how-to" page open, so opened in a new window. Back in orbit.

Not Happy

That is absolutely ridiculous. Sorry Diz...I luv u but not enough to put up with that crap. No way I will drop $10K on a stressful, regimented, non-guaranteed trip with all of the pleasantness and efficiency of the DMV.

PREMiERdrum

Thank you, that is very helpful!! Do you know what time they go live (or at least, stitch or space mountain goes live?)

Usually it's 7 a.m.

Is this earlier than normal? I thought that rack rate booking for the next year hit in early winter... Is this all of 2021 opening on Wednesday?

No, rack rate for packages always hits in late June so that people were able to have their dates locked prior to the 180 day mark for dining... not that it matters now.

Mainahman

Really? That’s really isn’t fair. Is pop century more than all stars? We were POFQ and bet we’ll have to upgrade to CBR then. That seems really not customer friendly. It’s not our fault that the resorts didn’t open.
This is the info were after... Were booked at ALl Star family suites. We chose that for the room with 2 teens. I was also told if we leave it alone, disney will move us at no cost. Seems like old chappy is looking for another quick buck... i dont see why we need to pay because THEY chose to not open all the resorts. Id be happy with a free upgrade to 2 rooms at POP or whatever they want to give us. No one seems to be able to answer our questions.

Lirael

Hard to gauge Disney demand against Universal demand. Disney has and continues to be the driver to Orlando. Generally speaking, Universal is the extra "day trip."
Plus international guests in general are likely not going to pay for an international trip unless both Universal and Disney are open. That and nationalities that made up the largest percentage of international guests aren't even allowed to come in right now (so hooray for the locals, no tour groups).

With Disney opening international guests that can come might now think it's worth it to make the trip.

Disstevefan1

Not Happy

This is terrible, but are any of us surprised?

Jules08

It seems the dining reservation work around to speed up login has been closed. When I go to the dining link, it takes me to the Millennium Falcon waiting page.

But...

You can go to the Memory Maker page, add it to your cart, then check out, which will ask you to log in. After logging in, you can cancel your cart and you can then go on to make park reservations

OMG!!! Thanks so much for posting this. Got in no problem this way for Christmas week!!!!!

mickeymiss

I just got through finally with Disney and the automated voice asked me what my call was about. I said resort reservation confirmation and they said that is not available. They said I could talk to an agent about another matter so I hung up. What on earth do people do that are booked for closed resorts?

Disney Stine

Hollywood Studios is the first to have all its reservations taken for its first day, July 15.

yes. I’m very upset. This is one of my days. I was able to get my husband the park reservation for Hollywood studios but I had issues with my pass. I’m still having issues but now some of my parks are unavailable.
If these glitches didn’t happen, I would have had all of the parks just like my husband.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom