News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

SpectroMagician

Through Sept. of 2021.

Yup I read that wrong. What idiot at Disney thought it would be a good idea to open a system to book for an ENTIRE YEAR! Of course the system would crash. Why not open it for the first 3 months, then the next 3 a couple days later and so on. It makes no sense to not do a staggered approach.

Also what if there is a vaccine by next summer? People are logging on trying to make reservations now when they may be 100% open by then?

Disney's lack of business sense will never cease to amaze me.

mickeymiss

Well, I was able to get our park passes fairly easily this morning. We are booked July 13-22 at the All Stars, which will not be opening. Now, our TA is telling us we will have to take from available open resorts and pay the upgrade cost. We were told initially as long as we didn’t modify anything, that Disney would move us for the same cost as our original package. We’ve been booked since middle of March and kept getting bumped over and over. This whole process is beyond ridiculous.
Really? That’s really isn’t fair. Is pop century more than all stars? We were POFQ and bet we’ll have to upgrade to CBR then. That seems really not customer friendly. It’s not our fault that the resorts didn’t open.

Deadly Danson

So, just in case I'm missing something - I have an annual pass and (international travel permitting which is unlikely) am staying for nearly 2 weeks in September (not on property) but will only be allowed to guarantee a visit to a Disney park for 3 days out of that fortnight?

KikoKea

Are you looking at the calendar? That's because AP's and Ticket guests without hotel reservations are not allowed to book yet. I'd expect on Friday the AP calendar to look like the Resort calendar.
We have reservations at Shades of Green. Guess SoG isn't considered a resort now, or it's back to the problem before- system doesn't recognize me being on the reservation, won't allow me to add myself, and the cast member I called a month ago didn't actually fixed the problem like they said.
:rolleyes:

3BratsToDisney

How long does it take for this pink castle screen to move on to the next? I've had it up now for over 2 hours. Should I refresh, try again or just leave it.

RememberWhen

I’m so frustrated. We have gold passes that are blocked out for our December reservation, but a CM last week told me to try aanyway. So this morning I was able to make park reservations for 5 days in December. Then the system froze. I could pick a date but couldn’t pick a park. I would click on it but nothing happened. Eventually I needed up back at space mountain. I was able to get back in, but the system now seems to know that we don’t have valid park tickets (I tried to upgrade them but nobody would take my money...). So, I can’t make PR for our February trip when the passes are valid. Do I delete the December ones? We’re half thinking of just not upgrading and doing a resort only trip. Kids might be sad, but we could go next year.

SnowFire

That's fine for locals who are APs.. but us DVC members who have booked multiple trips per year are now being held back. It should be simple. If you have an existing reservation then I should be able to book a park for the length of my reservation... if they aren't going to let us do that then cancel our reservations and give us our points back.
Agreed! And those of us with DVC reservations for the end of July but no APs/tickets yet apparently are completely out of luck at this point. Disney won't even respond to tell us what options we have. :mad::mad::mad:

disneygeek90

Has anyone gotten through on the phone? I only get the busy signal each time. How am I supposed to modify my resort to an open one if I literally can’t call?
This will probably be one of the busiest days. It might be better to wait a couple days until call volume drops a bit.

hoke2007

So I’ve been reading these threads for the past 6 hours, as that is as long as I’ve been attempting to make my park reservations. I’ve tried on my iPhone and laptop, used three different browsers and experience the same problem each time: I’ll be stuck on the Space Mountain screen for about 30 minutes, then suddenly the image disappears and I’m stuck in the purgatory of just seeing the disclaimers on the bottom of the screen. Does anybody have any advice?

rioriz

I can't get through either! I was going to upgrade my Annual Pass but cant do it through three App!

Anyone know if there's a way to upgrade online?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom