News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

techgeek

A someone not trying, currently this thread is like watching a football match (soccer for you americans) where the home team is fighting robots and no one has managed to score yet

... or exactly like trying to file for Florida unemployment. Hits a little close to home lol.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This is the URL

Woah! That one gives a countdown queue!!

1592827969453.png

LorangeJuice

How come they were not smart enough to realize this would happen. They should have limited the time frame instead of opening reservations for over a year. Who would have thought their server could not handle the load?

Maybe enough folks got refunds for their passes and canceled their resort reservations that they knew the system could handle this initial group? Or, maybe Chapek laid off the IT department and sold off their servers...?

MaximumEd

I now see Space Mountain and it says “We’re almost in orbit” with a countdown timer that’s at 2:00 and counting down. I’ll still have to sign in, so not hoping too much.

crawale

I never logged out. I don't even know how but it seems to have logged me out. I will likely have to struggle through the log-in process IF this even ever works.
Briefly got in around 7am then when I tried to load my plans it logged me out. No phone, chat available. They should at least have the courtesy to throw up a screen that says' Give up - we are broken'.

Hcalvert

Makes as much sense as anything else. Disney never actually published a release time, which made all the butthurt from people when I kept asking if Disney actually stated when this system was going to be released all the more amusing. I can be a pain, but there was a reason I kept looking for a published release time and not just internet rumors posted by anons.
I called and chatted to several CMs when calling about other things and each one of them told me 7am EST. My guess is that it crashed shortly after launch and now they have taken the reservations offline. Most likely, no one has been able to make a reservation successfully.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom