News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

flynnibus

Premium Member
My guess... except for key holiday periods - no one is going to have trouble getting a park reservation for the next 4+ months. And past that, I bet it doesn't matter anyways...

Until they bring back parkhopping and ticket sales... excluding holiday periods I think the demand will be lower than supply.

disneygeek90

I think I know that answer to this but want to confirm. Regarding the 3 days for AP’s, the days of reservations would be rolling, correct? For example, if I have one day in July and 2 in August I would be able to book an additional day after going in July. Is this accurate?

nickys

Premium Member
I think I know that answer to this but want to confirm. Regarding the 3 days for AP’s, the days of reservations would be rolling, correct? For example, if I have one day in July and 2 in August I would be able to book an additional day after going in July. Is this accurate?
It says you can hold 3 days at a time if offsite, so I would agree with your assessment.

BMP

Sorry if this was asked already, but what if you have a new, inactive, AP... can you reserve a park if you have a hotel stay already booked?

Chomama

We have called DVC several times and no help. The DVC CM’s are in the same boat as regular CM. No power to help other than a shoulder to cry on. What I don’t understand is that AP’s have higher priority than Club 33 and DVC owners. As one that has paid over $100,000 for my ownership and dues you would think we would at least have priority over the general public (and AP’s imo) but nope. We are out in the cold with no way to obtain tickets other to wait until they open up to all. Having an existing Disney reservation doesn’t even help and as to move the reservation out to 2021, that is not an option for DVC members since 2021 reservations require a vacation package which DVC members don’t need or get since the room is part of DVC. Clearly they have not thought this through. Is their any black market rising up for park tickets on the dark web? 😀
Have you gotten an update on your priority level?

BLJ66

Have your people call their people.
Pronto!
Can either or your people call and solve my problem 😀
Have you gotten an update on your priority level?
No, our priority is currently the last group with the general public. When tickets or AP’s become available to purchase we can buy and then reserve parks. As of now we are going on the assumption that we will have no parks tix for our July trip.

Chomama

Can either or your people call and solve my problem 😀

No, our priority is currently the last group with the general public. When tickets or AP’s become available to purchase we can buy and then reserve parks. As of now we are going on the assumption that we will have no parks tix for our July trip.
Doesn’t club 33 Include passes? Im
Confused. Or was the club 33 part tongue in cheek?

Hcalvert

Sorry if this was asked already, but what if you have a new, inactive, AP... can you reserve a park if you have a hotel stay already booked?
Yes you can. I have a renewal certificate in my account due to paying over the phone. I have contacted Disney several times regarding this and each time was told that I would be able to book my park passes tomorrow. It is showing in MDE that I have linked tickets for my stay.

tissandtully

Has anyone heard anything about the step in the Disney Park Pass system where you select a time? I'm very confused by this, the only mention of it is when you click Read More on the Disney Park Pass site. Anyone been told anything about this?
Screen Shot 2020-06-21 at 9.57.58 PM.png

EricsBiscuit

A lot of us with hotel reservations but no tickets yet, are hoping that you’re not only correct, but that there will still be park reservations available.
I’ve heard there is upwards of 80% reservation cancelations from friends that work at Disney, at least at certain resorts. I’m guessing after opening day you’ll be able to get reservations whenever you want. Keep in mind there are 150k~ hotel rooms in Orlando and only 27k~ belong to Disney. If you’re staying at a Disney hotel you have a 99.999% of getting a reservation.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Has anyone heard anything about the step in the Disney Park Pass system where you select a time? I'm very confused by this, the only mention of it is when you click Read More on the Disney Park Pass site. Anyone been told anything about this?

See below as this is how TAs were trained -

This isn't how the "select time" feature will be used.

Once you validate your admission, select your date, and select the park, you will "select time" to acknowledge that you understand that park's operating hours. They went over this extensively in our training: That's simply where that park's operating hours for that day will be listed and by selecting them you will agree that you understand the new hours.

mickeymiss

Are existing resort and ticket holders going to be allowed to add ticket days to their package? Without park hoppers, I'm gonna need more tickets to make the most of our long stay.

techgeek

I’ve heard there is upwards of 80% reservation cancelations from friends that work at Disney, at least at certain resorts. I’m guessing after opening day you’ll be able to get reservations whenever you want. Keep in mind there are 150k~ hotel rooms in Orlando and only 27k~ belong to Disney. If you’re staying at a Disney hotel you have a 99.999% of getting a reservation.

With the very slow resort opening ramp-up, I’m getting the feeling that aside from the DVC crowd, bookings simply aren’t there at all for the next few months.

Local AP’s didn’t really flood Universal, so it remains to be seen if they will show up in any significant numbers beyond the first week or two of ‘checking it out’ for Disney. If the numbers spike continues, it will only be the bloggers and die-hards.

On the other hand, I suspect park capacity is going to be a shockingly low number to start with... look at the opening week reports from Shanghai as an example.

Put this all together and I have no idea how to read it. I’m sure Disney has a better idea, but they are probably making a lot of guesses on what true demand will be too.

Maybe it will be very easy to get a park reservation, as long as you want to go to Epcot?

tissandtully

With the very slow resort opening ramp-up, I’m getting the feeling that aside from the DVC crowd, bookings simply aren’t there at all for the next few months.

Local AP’s didn’t really flood Universal, so it remains to be seen if they will show up in any significant numbers beyond the first week or two of ‘checking it out’ for Disney. If the numbers spike continues, it will only be the bloggers and die-hards.

On the other hand, I suspect park capacity is going to be a shockingly low number to start with... look at the opening week reports from Shanghai as an example.

Put this all together and I have no idea how to read it. I’m sure Disney has a better idea, but they are probably making a lot of guesses on what true demand will be too.

Maybe it will be very easy to get a park reservation, as long as you want to go to Epcot?
More like if you wanna go to DAK

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Ah, so it's just more needlessly complicated UI for Disney's system. Thank you!

I'm thinking the time thing was put in in case they needed it. If rope drop became too crowded, they could start having staggered entrances. But our sources are saying that for WDW, the time selection is moot... it will show just the park times... for now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom