News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

DreamalittleDisney

The main perceived perk for onsite guests is the combo of a couple days lead time on park reservations and the fact that you can make reservations for length of stay. This is especially useful for out of state Passholders who would be stuck with a three day reservation limit if they didn’t book.
I've got a 14 day trip in Oct for myself, husband and son (on one booking) then my parents at the same time (on a separate booking) we are already linked as friends in MDE .. Will I be able to book park hours for us as a group like I could before with FP?

BLJ66

Yes, possibly 4 days..

On June 24, guests with room reservations and no valid tickets get the ability to add tickets to their package and make reservations. Then 2 days after that is when AP holders with no resort reservations get access.

Honestly it seems like more than enough lead time to me, considering that you would have already booked your resort and know exactly when you will be there.
As a DVC member with a hotel reservation (7/21 - 7/30) but no tickets or annual pass yet, I SURE hope you are right. Everything I read and every cast member I have talked too does not indicate that 😢. From what I read and heard 2020 guest without tickets (including DVC members) are totally screwed until “later this summer” whenever that is.

mickeymiss

From what the person said, we could do our reservation modifications, then do the park reservations. He made it sound like we could do all we needed to all on Monday.
Thank you. I wonder how competitive this is going to be to get park spots. And what time they will go live...midnight? 7am? I am debating whether to rush to get the reservations for the tickets I already have and then try to add more. This is tricky. I don't want to reserve our 7 day tickets and then find out we can't add anything or the spots are taken. But then I worry about calling to add tickets first and losing our chance to reserve what we do have.

Hcalvert

Thank you. I wonder how competitive this is going to be to get park spots. And what time they will go live...midnight? 7am? I am debating whether to rush to get the reservations for the tickets I already have and then try to add more. This is tricky. I don't want to reserve our 7 day tickets and then find out we can't add anything or the spots are taken. But then I worry about calling to add tickets first and losing our chance to reserve what we do have.
7am EST.

sjhym333

It looks like our winter trip will be a Universal Only thing. It just doesn’t seem worth “Disney money” for what would be a partial experience for us. No park hopping, having to pick a single park ahead of time, and no nighttime shows/limited entertainment just would feel too cramped for us, especially at Disney’s premium prices.

I’m also betting that Universal will offer some great package deals with the new properties there. With two theme parks plus Volcano Bay, which we adore, a nice relaxing Universal week actually sounds quite nice, versus the military precision that a Disney vacation will be.
Universal has been our go to the past several years. We love their hotels and we have gotten great prices on our room. Often at a fraction the cost of a Disney hotel. Our grandkids love Cabana Bay. We like CityWalk and the theme parks and we can still head to Disney if we want to.

Rellis73

Interesting that they mention resort only reservations for 2021 but not the people with resort only reservations this year and no tickets. I expected an announcement for reopening tickets purchase for those that had a resort reservation prior to the closures.
Agreed. This is a real mess. Signed up for wine and dine and have a room. But who wants to go if we can’t get in the parks.

crawale

As a DVC member with a hotel reservation (7/21 - 7/30) but no tickets or annual pass yet, I SURE hope you are right. Everything I read and every cast member I have talked too does not indicate that 😢. From what I read and heard 2020 guest without tickets (including DVC members) are totally screwed until “later this summer” whenever that is.
I think most people are being 'screwed' by Disney. I am DVC, AP and Florida resident. I just called to ask about next summer since you can reserve parks up to the end of September 2021. I can book the resort on 28th BUT my annual pass expires January 2nd so to get timely park reservations I must have a valid ticket. This means I cannot renew unless I wait until January but must buy a voucher when I book the resort to be able to get park reservations. Since this time of year is very popular and we are restricted by school I will have to buy the new pass before my old one expires. After months to think about all this you would have thought Disney would have come up with a better plan or at least a plan that better serves the public. I feel sorry for the CMs who have to answer calls as they have obviously just been given some information and not other information.
As for your situation I hope you can get tickets pretty soon or you will not be able to get a park reservation. No one knows when tickets will be on sale - you certainly cannot even buy an AP, even though it was in your cart, on the web site - just tried. Again the disorganization is amazing. Have you tried to call DVC about tickets? Might be your only hope.

crawale

Agreed. They missed that completely.
They have no idea when tickets go on sale - same with AP. I imagine Monday the web site will be slammed as people try for park reservations and most likely will use them all up. You would think after all these months they would ahve come up with a better plan.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
You would think after all these months they would have come up with a better plan.

You mean one that would have benefited you better. Numbers were the driving force behind these decisions. X% of capacity per park, Y number of Cast members, Z number of pre-sold hotel rooms and tickets.

crawale

Anyone know if it's true that for 2021 you can no longer book room only and buy tickets separately and must book a package instead? Makes no sense but that's what a CM had said.

Thanks!
That would not make sense if you have an AP. In that case you would only want a room. I thnk she may have meant that if you have a room you can add tickets now to make it a package.

techgeek

With limited attraction availability, limited crowds, and no park hopping... I can see AK completely empty after noon or so.

Just like the early days, it will only have a half-day worth of experiences. With no hopping and no ‘second time slot’ for arrivals, once the rope drop crowds are done the park is going to have more cast in it then guests. It doesn’t make a lot of sense to me that they wouldn’t find a way to make that afternoon capacity available. Am I missing something?

Epcot and Studios could both have variations on that problem too... local AP holders won’t show up at rope drop to Epcot, but will breeze in for evening food and wine, leaving a empty morning. Without shows, studios suffers from half-day issues as well.

It will be interesting to see what ‘adjustments’ happen to the system within the first few weeks. I doubt what we’re all being sold right now is the way it’s actually going to work for very long.

Last edited:

prmatz

For those who may be wondering... I chatted with a CM this morning, who said the normal expiration rules for tickets still apply. Which makes no sense now with the reservation system and the uncertainty regarding which days could be secured, and is misleading in MDE, where the tickets state being for use “Any of the valid dates” (listing July 5-September 26, 2021 in our circumstance).

arich35

Just want to make sure I am getting this right, after June 28th everyone is on the same playing field for reservations for 2021?
Let's say I end up wanting to stay off resort but purchase tickets for the length of my stay, will I be able to book just as soon as the people staying on resort?

peter11435

With limited attraction availability, limited crowds, and no park hopping... I can see AK completely empty after noon or so.

Just like the early days, it will only have a half-day worth of experiences. With no hopping and no ‘second time slot’ for arrivals, once the rope drop crowds are done the park is going to have more cast in it then guests. It doesn’t make a lot of sense to me that they wouldn’t find a way to make that afternoon capacity available. Am I missing something?

Epcot and Studios could both have variations on that problem too... local AP holders won’t show up at rope drop to Epcot, but will breeze in for evening food and wine, leaving a empty morning.

It will be interesting to see what ‘adjustments’ happen to the system within the first few weeks. I doubt what we’re all being sold right now is the way it’s actually going to work for very long.
Unless you skip a large amount of the experiences available you should easily be able to fill a 10 hour day at animal kingdom.

techgeek

Unless you skip a large amount of the experiences available you should easily be able to fill a 10 hour day at animal kingdom.

Have we even seen a comprehensive list of what’s going to be open? With no shows, limited animal exhibits, and no need to wait 2 hours for FoP, I have a hard time seeing a full day.

nickys

Premium Member
Just want to make sure I am getting this right, after June 28th everyone is on the same playing field for reservations for 2021?
Let's say I end up wanting to stay off resort but purchase tickets for the length of my stay, will I be able to book just as soon as the people staying on resort?

I think this is an unknown at the moment.

They wanted to give priority to three groups of people at this point, regardless of when their reservation &/or ticket is for. After that they may want to give priority again to those staying onsite.

It’s possible that from June 28th, they then have different windows going forward for booking, like they did for FPs. Maybe those staying onsite can book 90 days ahead, offsite 60 days ahead,

Or equally they may not bother.

Either way, those staying onsite will be able to book for their whole stay at once, just as the FP system worked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom