News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

rowrbazzle

So now we have the roadmap for completely monetized MagicBand$.

How long until the FP+s return as a monetized perk?

Given what's happening with the economy, this seems like an awful time to introduce paid fastpasses. I would think they'd want to keep them free for resort guests to help drive reservations.

Of course, marni liked it so I guess they're going to do it. Awful. :banghead:

flutas

Given what's happening with the economy, this seems like an awful time to introduce paid fastpasses. I would think they'd want to keep them free for resort guests to help drive reservations.

Of course, marni liked it so I guess they're going to do it. Awful. :banghead:

"Disney Resort guests can gain access to 3 complimentary FP++ selections for each day they stay."

I could see that.

disneygeek90

I'm really hung up on how many days off site AP's can reserve at one time. If they go all the way through September I'd like to have some days sprinkled throughout over the next few months.

Of course this could all be moot if tickets aren't "selling out" far in advance each day, but I still have a feeling they will.

EpcotCenter82

So for 2021, no more room only reservations? Am I reading that correctly? You need a package with tickets to make a theme park reservation? What if you already have tickets that you want to add to a 2021 room only reservation.

tissandtully

So the priority is just the June 22 date for resort guests or is there another priority within the system? So if you don't book starting June 22 you don't have priority anymore?

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Im cool with this, i hope though you have the ability to change closer to your stay once weather is forecasted. I can tell you we will likely do
MK,
AK
DHS
EPCOT
MK

for our 5 days since we no longer have park hoppers, but id hate to end up at AK if its going to pour, would love to swap it for say EPCOT that day.
Whatever you do, book DHS first. It's going to be the hardest to get.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
So for 2021, no more room only reservations? Am I reading that correctly? You need a package with tickets to make a theme park reservation? What if you already have tickets that you want to add to a 2021 room only reservation.
The qualification for 2021 seems to be tickets, not resort+tickets.

mickeymiss

I have an existing on site resort booked for August with 7 days of park hop tickets. I wanted to add a few tickets to make up for the lack of park hopping. When are we allowed to modify anything in our package? I haven't heard that we are allowed to make changes yet. No emails. Nothing. I kept hearing that only people from before July 11 could change right now. Are we basically locked into whatever we chose before they announced opening? That's fine, I guess, but I'm so confused lol. Shouldn't modifying come before reserving parks?

Mainahman

Whatever you do, book DHS first. It's going to be the hardest to get.
Our trip isnt until august 9th, and i tell you ill be in there monday, or at least trying to get all of the days, and ill just hope for good weather for AK, or swap it for a EPCOT day etc.

kgoose23

I'm wondering if you select a park for a day if you would be able to come and go. Since you can only book one park I would imagine they wouldn't limit it to like 4 hour windows? Usually we would do a park in the am, break in the afternoon and go to a different park at night. I'd be ok with being able to go back to the park after a mid day break

DisneyOutsider

So the priority is just the June 22 date for resort guests or is there another priority within the system? So if you don't book starting June 22 you don't have priority anymore?

Resort guests who already have valid tickets/admission for their reservation get first priority. This looks to be the only group with reservation access for at least 2 days.

Mainahman

So the priority is only the extra 2 days lead time? That's what I'm confused about.
Thats the way im reading it too. Thats why ill just pick my parks for all 5 days, and then hope to be able to adjust the AK one. Ill poncho in any other park, but AK needs a good day to really enjoy it.

Gravydeen

I'm guessing Disney will not let it be known how many people will be allowed in the parks with this system. I assume it will grow by the week. Still nothing being said about virtual queues either. Anyone have an opinion on how crowded the parks will be week one? Or more importantly how bad the lines will be? Week one guest like my family have nothing to go on so it's a gamble.

DisneyOutsider

So the priority is only the extra 2 days lead time? That's what I'm confused about.

Yes, possibly 4 days..

On June 24, guests with room reservations and no valid tickets get the ability to add tickets to their package and make reservations. Then 2 days after that is when AP holders with no resort reservations get access.

Honestly it seems like more than enough lead time to me, considering that you would have already booked your resort and know exactly when you will be there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom