News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
We'll see if the opportunity to upgrade to a package with tickets requires a "modification" that requires rack rate room prices, like they've been charging people who move dates.

jinx8402

Maybe this? Idk why it says 2021 though.

If you have a room-only reservation at a Disney Resort or other select hotel for a stay in 2021, please call the Disney Reservation Center or call your travel professional beginning on June 24 to upgrade to a vacation package with tickets—and then make your theme park reservations.

What if you have room only booked, but already have tickets linked that cover the days of your stay? I'm assuming that is good to go on 6/22?

3BratsToDisney

we have room with one person as an AP holder, the others all tickets with park hoppers, still unable to modify our dates. We have a trip coming up at CBR 7/5-7/14. Did not hear from Disney yet but I think after reading this we are going to call. Looks like we will get a refund at least for the park hopper portion of our tix? And how far out is the window to make your park reservations I didn't see a time frame listed.

MM311

So is this how it will be moving forward with Resort/Ticket holders getting to go first, then AP's a few days later, and ticket holders a few days after that? Or is that just to get this process started?

PREMiERdrum

If you have a room-only reservation at a Disney Resort or other select hotel for a stay in 2021, please call the Disney Reservation Center or call your travel professional beginning on June 24 to upgrade to a vacation package with tickets—and then make your theme park reservations.

This reads as if only 2021 room only packages can be modified to include tickets on the 24th.

It's followed by this:

Later this summer, we will resume sales of 2020 tickets and Disney Resort hotel arrivals, based on availability of park reservations, while we continue to provide Guests with existing tickets and Annual Passholders the opportunity to make park reservations for 2020 dates.

I'm not sure if it's sloppy writing or not, but it's plausible based on this wording that people with 2020 resort hotel only stays won't have access to purchase tickets and make reservations until "later this summer."

MrsDoubie

So maybe I’ve missed this or it just hasn’t been said yet, but when we reserve a day at the park will that give in/out privileges for the full day or is it a once out you can’t reenter. I can’t imagine not being able to return to a park after an afternoon nap. 😆

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
This reads as if only 2021 room only packages can be modified to include tickets on the 24th.

It's followed by this:

I'm not sure if it's sloppy writing or not, but it's plausible based on this wording that people with 2020 resort hotel only stays won't have access to purchase tickets and make reservations until "later this summer."
That's exactly how I read it. If you haven't purchased your tickets, but have a resort stay later this year, you may definitely be locked out of the parks.

jinx8402

Yes, that is a considered a resort reservation stay with valid tickets.

That is what I thought. This is what confused me

But I just realized I read that wrong, and it is for 2021 resort only stays. That is because prior to now, you could only get a resort only reservation, no packages were available for 2021 at the time. Makes sense

Gravydeen

So maybe I’ve missed this or it just hasn’t been said yet, but when we reserve a day at the park will that give in/out privileges for the full day or is it a once out you can’t reenter. I can’t imagine not being able to return to a park after an afternoon nap. 😆
Good question. However, with the reduced hours and possibly even staggered entries(we really don't know yet) people might not have time to do that afternoon nap unless you really don't mind only getting half a day in the park.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
What if you had already selected them, and have it still showing selected? where did i miss this?
So now we have the roadmap for completely monetized MagicBand$.

"In 2021, we plan to unveil an innovative new offering as part of the My Disney Experience app that will bring features of a MagicBand to your smart devices, building on the app’s existing digital key feature. With this new offering on the horizon, we will be retiring our complimentary MagicBand distribution to Disney Resort hotel guests for new reservations with arrivals beginning Jan. 1, 2021. Disney Resort hotel guests will continue to have the option to purchase new MagicBands at a discount, and we’ll be introducing even more colors and designs featuring favorite Disney characters in the future. Guests who prefer not to purchase a discounted MagicBand will be able to use the My Disney Experience app or a Key to the World card during their visit. We will still offer MagicBands in retail locations and on shopDisney.com, and guests will be able to continue using the wearables throughout Walt Disney World Resort. "

How long until the FP+s return as a monetized perk?

Last edited:

flutas

"Families and friends can link their tickets together and look to arrange theme park entries at the same time."

Should this be read as timed entries or as simply reserving same park so all are together? It reads like a timed entry system.
I think they just mean the process for all linked guests can be done at the same time.

Timed entry is a requirement, this can be seen under section 3. here

After creating your party in the Disney Park Pass system, you’ll be prompted to:

• Select a Date: View a calendar and choose one of the available dates for your visit.
  • Select a Theme Park: Park hours will be displayed for your convenience.
  • Select a Time: This is the time that you can visit the park.

Mainahman

Im cool with this, i hope though you have the ability to change closer to your stay once weather is forecasted. I can tell you we will likely do
MK,
AK
DHS
EPCOT
MK

for our 5 days since we no longer have park hoppers, but id hate to end up at AK if its going to pour, would love to swap it for say EPCOT that day.

jinx8402

OK, another question, that I'm sure no one knows the answer to.

In step 2 it states you can link friends and family as long as they have valid resort stay and tix

When you begin to make a reservation, you’ll be prompted to create your party from your Family & Friends list.

Simply select the family and friends you’d like to include, then select “Continue”.

Don’t see someone in your travel party? Select “Add a Guest” to include them.

Note: You may need to make more than one Disney Park Pass reservation for your party depending on your admission type. Please make sure your party consists of Annual Passholders or theme park ticket holders.

Staying in a Disney Resort or other select hotel with a package that includes tickets? Everyone in your party must also have a hotel reservation. If this varies, you will need to make separate Disney Park Pass reservations.

My question is on the bolded. What does it mean if this varies you will need to make separate reservations? Our trip was with 3 families, all coming in on different dates, but wanting to go to the same parks each day. If I read this, because our reservation dates vary, we cannot make a single reservation for all parties?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom