News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Drdcm

I feel like reporting that peak attendance is reduced during holiday weeks by 20% is a misdirection. Yes, it’s technically true and that’s a good thing I suppose for those who visit the week of Christmas and New Years. What is the peak attendance, let’s say, any random day that isn’t a holiday compared to pre-pandemic - like spring break?

Drdcm

I’m going to complete my thought. Behaving like this is a benevolent act to improve guest experience while simultaneously cherry picking specific dates to push the false assumption that they have reduced capacity at the expense of profit (not explicitly stated but implied) because you’re worried about diminished experience is a red herring - long sentence.

If you pay attention to everything they’re reported. Apparently, attendance is up. The *fine print* only applies to select days.

Potentially where they’ve had trouble with staffing anyway. So the reduction was necessary for operations, not for our benefit.

In a completely made up quote from McCarthy “maybe we can reduce portion sizes to save money and then pass it off as if it’s us looking out for them with our health conscious portion sizes”.

rct247

Attendance seems more steady year round now which is good for Disney, but not as great for Guests unless you visit during a historically very busy time frame. The holidays throughout the year aren't terrible anymore, but there's rarely any slow times.

Still doesn't fix the attraction capacity issue across the parks though. If they really focused on that, you'd have more LL availability, more for people to do, and with people feeling they got what they paid for, but... that requires more staff and more maintenance.

aladdin2007

Attendance seems more steady year round now which is good for Disney, but not as great for Guests unless you visit during a historically very busy time frame. The holidays throughout the year aren't terrible anymore, but there's rarely any slow times.

Still doesn't fix the attraction capacity issue across the parks though. If they really focused on that, you'd have more LL availability, more for people to do, and with people feeling they got what they paid for, but... that requires more staff and more maintenance.
This, we were at the studios last monday, it was so unbearably crowded we left by 2 and gave up trying to get into anything. Not to mention way too many things are shuttered in that park, mermaid of course, but a handful of stores still as well and I dont think they plan on doing anything to get more up and running. Such a shame, they only want to make money in one main location now and not operate anything else.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

They is no way to make the parks feel “not crowded” at this point…no matter how many paid systems you install…

They passed the comfort level long ago. Just normal frequency in travel uptick.

That’s all on Iger. Unless they price it to the point where it’s so expensive that they lose massive attendance - which they can’t do - none of this stance is gonna work.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It feels like Disney is trying to pretend it is listening to APs without actually listening to APs.
You picked up on that?

I wish I could decipher what exactly “the goal” is with APs as a whole…because it appears they have none
Yeah if they were actually listening and cared about what their AP holders (or guests that want APs for that matter) are saying, then they would simply eliminate the arbitrary 2pm nonsense altogether and let you go where you please.
Go where/when?

They can’t support the numbers…which means there’s really no turning back

bpiper

I wish I could decipher what exactly “the goal” is with APs as a whole…because it appears they have none

I thought it was the result of the lawsuits that AP'ers have filed on both coasts saying that they couldn't use their passes due to the reservation system when they wanted to. I would think it would come back depending upon how the lawsuit turns out.

Of course it could just be greed.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Some dates previously unavailable due to TRON Annual Passholder previews in March at Magic Kingdom have become available again for Passholders.

Currently only March 10 and 12 are unavailable in Magic Kingdom.

Screen Shot 2023-02-28 at 9.34.46 AM.png

Last edited:

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Some dates previously unavailable due to TRON Annual Passholder previews in March at Magic Kingdom have become available again for Passholders.

Currently only March 10 and 12 is unavailable in Magic Kingdom.

View attachment 701330

Yet we continue this insane inconvience for guests. At an aboslute minimum this should be dropped for resort guests with Park Hoppers if not for all resort guests in general. I can ALMOST understand not dropping it for day guests who have multi-day tickets.

dovetail65

Currently only March 10 and 12 are unavailable in Magic Kingdom.

View attachment 701330
The opening up to more AP guests is most likly because the parks are not near as busy as they thought they would be..

When I can go on 7 major rides in 2 hours at Magic Kingdom on the weekend they 100% can open up to more people.

Yes, Feb at night is one of the best times of the year to go but initially the parks did have some longer lines due to the tron preview. Aall of a sudden for whatever reason, that stopped.

I hardly ever saw so much open space walking around at any of the 4 parks. I had two kids visit us back to back so we were at parks the last 10 days in a row up to today making it 11 days. Right now is a great time to be in the parks, it has been for us.

I am glad they realized it for the AP guest that were blocked. From what I saw another 5000 AP Holders will not do anything to the low line waits we have had lately.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Disney has added quite a few bonus reservations for Annual Passholders through March 10th. I'm unable to see March 6, but there may be additional ones there.

March 2 - EPCOT and Hollywood Studios
March 3 - EPCOT and Animal Kingdom
March 4 - EPCOT and Animal Kingdom
March 5 - EPCOT and Hollywood Studios
March 7 - EPCOT and Magic Kingdom
March 8 - EPCOT and Hollywood Studios
March 9 - EPCOT and Animal Kingdom
March 10 - EPCOT and Animal Kingdom

IMG_16A6616EB925-1 2.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom