News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

fgmnt

Either way, is this the first step in an eventual phase out of Park Pass?

I do not think insiders have ever pointed to no one ever having to deal with park pass again. On the contrary, I would expect that the best case scenario you will get with APs and reservations would be keeping the reservation system for all but the top level pass.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here's a current look at the Park Reservation calendar for Ticket/Resort guests over the next few days.

The only park available is Animal Kingdom on December 31st.

Screen Shot 2022-12-26 at 9.48.09 AM.png

Disney Glimpses

I'm not sure when this happened but park reservations for day tickets was moved off of the FP+ system and onto the new park reservation system. Not sure what this means, if anything.

Edit: I'm assuming this happened with the changes a few weeks ago and I never noticed.

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
I'm not sure when this happened but park reservations for day tickets was moved off of the FP+ system and onto the new park reservation system. Not sure what this means, if anything.

Edit: I'm assuming this happened with the changes a few weeks ago and I never noticed.
Well that's good. iirc the fastpass backend is running on legacy stuff, or looked like it at least. A lot of the newer stuff like VQ run on newer services and stuff and are hosted on AWS.

Gotta commend them for a neat and smooth transition for the park pass backend. Lots of things could've went wrong there lol

Disney Glimpses

Well that's good. iirc the fastpass backend is running on legacy stuff, or looked like it at least. A lot of the newer stuff like VQ run on newer services and stuff and are hosted on AWS.

Gotta commend them for a neat and smooth transition for the park pass backend. Lots of things could've went wrong there lol
I think now that this has happened, we can finally expect reservations in the app. Major changes are still definitely coming overall but it is being slow played.

pdude81

I think now that this has happened, we can finally expect reservations in the app. Major changes are still definitely coming overall but it is being slow played.
I truly don't understand how they intended to make us do everything in the app including scheduling, CS orders, and purchases... except for the thing that you need to do to actually get in the park.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Disney Glimpses

So the park reservation system and park hopping time restrictions are NOT being eliminated afterall?
From what I know, the final version of all of this is something that 80-90% of you will like. I just have no idea when we will get there. There are so many factors and even internal stakeholder disputes that are moving goal posts.

Apparently there has been a post on a fb group this evening that park passes are being dropped for guests using a UK ultimate ticket. No idea what group and its being taken with a pinch of salt on the UK forum I saw it reported on. I also think it would be very strange for it to only be for UK guests.

Fido Chuckwagon

Hopefully they keep park reservations for Christmas/New Years. It is so much better now that week then it was 3 years ago. They can ditch it for the rest of the year.

ToTBellHop

Exactly. I think between reservations for APs and single day tickets going park specific, there is no longer a need for this system any time of the year. Offloading their park logistics onto vacationers (especially Disney resort guests) is simply bad for business both short and long term.
I am curious to see how they deal with APs staying on-site. That’s still a desirable group. It includes a lot of DVC members.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom