News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Richie248

just spit balling, but what if Disney did pull reservation availability for preview days? -- maybe some days still have AP slots left while others were pushed to being full.

not real numbers but let's just say they allow 20K AP's a day -- they pull 10K for each preview day -- some days already had 10K reserved (so they are now full) while others day might have 9K + the 10K they pulled, well those days would be open for another 1K.

anyway, just seem possible to me that they have pulled for previews but not all days filled up (only some did) than we would see what we are seeing here.
This makes a lot of sense to me!

curry767

Visiting in December for the first time in many years and I'm trying to wrap my head around making park reservations based on when the extended evening hours will be. For example, I don't want to make a reservation for DHS studio the day after a late night at MK. Obviously we won't know which nights are extended for some time yet, but want to make sure that I don't leave it too late for park reservations.

Realistically when do I need to get start booking reservations for December?

correcaminos

I seem to remember some people saying that getting a park pass wouldn't be a big deal and people wouldn't need to do it before their trips. Does not look to be the case.
I always said it isn't a big deal if I can get one. I was sweating out my park passes as all the Epcot availability went away due to previews. I had to wait to renew my AP. Was not happy. Still not happy. Had friends not able to go in any parks over break because they didn't know about reservations (and no I didn't know they were going at to warn them until a couple days before they left and when I asked plans said kid's friend planned it all - but failed to plan for everyone after all 17 and 18yos so don't think it was intentional). They did universal and sea world instead. No where here does reservations to enter. Hint hint Disney.

Chi84

Premium Member
I seem to remember some people saying that getting a park pass wouldn't be a big deal and people wouldn't need to do it before their trips. Does not look to be the case.
It wasn't a big deal for us in late October 2021. We were able to switch parks last minute, so it's possible people thought Disney was just looking for a heads up on where guests intended to be on any particular day - sort of what they had with FP+. Now it looks as though Disney is going to use the system to deny their guests the ability to change their minds about what parks they want to visit in order to serve Disney's own convenience. This may end up being a very big deal for us in a week or so.

correcaminos

It wasn't a big deal for us in late October 2021. We were able to switch parks last minute, so it's possible people thought Disney was just looking for a heads up on where guests intended to be on any particular day - sort of what they had with FP+. Now it looks as though Disney is going to use the system to deny their guests the ability to change their minds about what parks they want to visit in order to serve Disney's own convenience. This may end up being a very big deal for us in a week or so.
We couldn't even change 2 months out from June 2021. I was able to both Nov 2021 and March 2022 if I had wanted but that was as an AP holder. Some parks are booked up faster now but still decent choices. If Disney were smart they'd do better perks for onsite guests which is what many thought they should do when this all first started.

Touchdown

I’ve always been able to change, but since I lock down where my evenings will be 60 days out (dining reservations) my mornings essentially get locked in too. Also, the one time I tried to do dining reservations without park passes I had a hard time obtaining in park reservations.

homerdance

Planning a trip in August, arriving at Disney the day our APs expire. We can’t renew our APs until 60 days out, but we have our airfare and hotel booked. No park reservations as we don’t have “valid” park admission. While I am confident, that with some work, I will be able to get the park passes I want when I want, but such a pain in the buttocks to figure it out. The level of hoops to jump through just to book a vacation is infuriating. Not having the peace of mind that we have our stay booked is less then ideal.

correcaminos

Planning a trip in August, arriving at Disney the day our APs expire. We can’t renew our APs until 60 days out, but we have our airfare and hotel booked. No park reservations as we don’t have “valid” park admission. While I am confident, that with some work, I will be able to get the park passes I want when I want, but such a pain in the buttocks to figure it out. The level of hoops to jump through just to book a vacation is infuriating. Not having the peace of mind that we have our stay booked is less then ideal.
Ours expires 3 days into our trip. Same issue. Tried a few times to get it renewed early but no go. They really should make this easier.

vikescaper

When are you planning on renewing your APs? As soon as your renewal window opens or closer to your trip?

vikescaper

As soon as possible. I know the chance of a price increase is real. This will likely be our last year of full APs for our family if this continues to be the norm.
We were sort of in the same predicament as our APs expire less than a month before our small trip in May. We had our hotel room booked but couldn’t get any park reservations because we didn’t have a valid pass for our trip. I renewed as soon as the renewal window opened but my mom and sister took their time. Thankfully, we didn’t run into an issue with reservations as there were still plenty available at the time.

homerdance

We were sort of in the same predicament as our APs expire less than a month before our small trip in May. We had our hotel room booked but couldn’t get any park reservations because we didn’t have a valid pass for our trip. I renewed as soon as the renewal window opened but my mom and sister took their time. Thankfully, we didn’t run into an issue with reservations as there were still plenty available at the time.
I really am not overly worried about getting reservations as we are staying inside…. But there is a chance. They offered to “let” me buy regular tickets and then apply the cost of those to our renewal, the couple of “supervisors” I spoke to said that should not be a problem. But It’a waiting on hold for over an hour to “most likely “ apply the value is not a prospect I look forward to happening.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I really am not overly worried about getting reservations as we are staying inside…. But there is a chance. They offered to “let” me buy regular tickets and then apply the cost of those to our renewal, the couple of “supervisors” I spoke to said that should not be a problem. But It’a waiting on hold for over an hour to “most likely “ apply the value is not a prospect I look forward to happening.
Passes seem to start filling up 3-4 weeks in advance, so you should be OK.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I agree. Though I really got anxious when Epcot in May started disappearing before the previews were snnounced.

Except for mid 2021 AP slots seem more flexible still as a whole.
I'm honestly just surprised that they don't move park reservations to just AP and non-resort guests. One would think they would want all their resort guests to be able to go to the parks.

In fact that could be a perk of resort stay - no reservations.

correcaminos

I'm honestly just surprised that they don't move park reservations to just AP and non-resort guests. One would think they would want all their resort guests to be able to go to the parks.

In fact that could be a perk of resort stay - no reservations.
We've been saying that a while. Though really I think APs not being a huge percentage of the visitors, that they'd be fine too. I know there are a lot of DVC AP holders for example. Remove the 2pm hopping as well please.

I do agree this should've been an onsite perk from day 1.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom