News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
My point is that that number is down…gotta be. We just don’t know how far down. They really are doing nothing to fill “the bucket” are they?

“the holidays”…really? Like the busiest 2 weeks a year bookended by really busy weekends?

And yet, this coming holiday weekend already has some buckets being filled.

They're still at reduced capacity due to fewer CMs.

Once the Christmas holiday buckets were filled we don't know ho many hundreds or thousands were locked out. For this weekend, it may only be dozens locked out, but, the cap has been it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And yet, this coming holiday weekend already has some buckets being filled.

They're still at reduced capacity due to fewer CMs.

Once the Christmas holiday buckets were filled we don't know ho many hundreds or thousands were locked out. For this weekend, it may only be dozens locked out, but, the cap has been it.
Holiday weekends are usually crowded…especially when Florida passes are probably a higher percentage of active passes than they’ve been since early Eisner…

that would line up

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Why even have multiple buckets. When APs go back on sale will they even bother to keep the AP bucket now that capacity caps have officially been lifted?

🤔🤔🤔

MagicHappens1971

If capacity caps have been lifted why are some days around Presidents day tapped out?
Yea I’m kinda confused about this as well, are the buckets built into an algorithm that accounts for staffing levels? I know the parks are supposedly still struggling for staffing in certain areas. So I wonder if it’s kinda like oh well MK only has x amount of CMs on 2/18 so we can only have x amount of guests.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Why even have multiple buckets. When APs go back on sale will they even bother to keep the AP bucket now that capacity caps have officially been lifted?

🤔🤔🤔
Big assumption in there
If capacity caps have been lifted why are some days around Presidents day tapped out?
They should not be…no matter how “mask stir crazy”
People are
Yea I’m kinda confused about this as well, are the buckets built into an algorithm that accounts for staffing levels? I know the parks are supposedly still struggling for staffing in certain areas. So I wonder if it’s kinda like oh well MK only has x amount of CMs on 2/18 so we can only have x amount of guests.
I think all their “buckets” are about staffing. They are now allowing people based on staff (hunch)…so that is completely backwards. Where they used to staff and then try to fill the park to make more money.

its a Waterloo moment if true…I do hope I’m wrong. We’re fighting Waterloo all the time these days.🇫🇷

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Big assumption in there

They should not be…no matter how “mask stir crazy”
People are

I think all their “buckets” are about staffing. They are now allowing people based on staff (hunch)…so that is completely backwards. Where they used to staff and then try to fill the park to make more money.

its a Waterloo moment if true…I do hope I’m wrong. We’re fighting Waterloo all the time these days.🇫🇷
It is indeed all about staffing. Chapek said as much in the 1Q call.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Right…but he can say whatever he wants for spin. That’s what we struggle with around here sometimes.

even if that is an accurate excuse…who’s fault is that?

full capacity would benefit the stockholders…not excuses

I think people forget about the fact that a huge pool of labor is largely missing right now - international. That made up a significant portion of the workforce in Orlando (and everywhere) and with them absent, because of COVID and of recent changes to immigration policies, that pool of people is just not there. There are far more jobs to be filled than people to fill them.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think people forget about the fact that a huge pool of labor is largely missing right now - international. That made up a significant portion of the workforce in Orlando (and everywhere) and with them absent, because of COVID and of recent changes to immigration policies, that pool of people is just not there. There are far more jobs to be filled than people to fill them.
I haven’t forgot about IP, CPs, C/T, P/T, O&T or any of the lot.

the IP is the most troublesome…

but it’s Orlando…it’s florida…there’s a way to fill the gap. But that would upset “the order of things”…would it not?

“significant portions”?…”everywhere”?

woah…where are there people jetting in each day to work at 7-11?

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Right…but he can say whatever he wants for spin. That’s what we struggle with around here sometimes.

even if that is an accurate excuse…who’s fault is that?

full capacity would benefit the stockholders…not excuses
Sure he can say whatever he wants, if he wants to get sued for giving out false information at a quarterly call to shareholders.

Also there's a labor shortage everywhere in the United States and almost all Industries. So if you have some reason to think that's what he's saying isn't true, you have no evidence. And this is just another conspiracy theory.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sure he can say whatever he wants, if he wants to get sued for giving out false information at a quarterly call to shareholders.

Also there's a labor shortage everywhere in the United States and almost all Industries. So if you have some reason to think that's what he's saying isn't true, you have no evidence. And this is just another conspiracy theory.
There is absolutely no threat of being sued.

Wow…there’s a lot of misconception on what’s “regulated” around here. The stock prices aren’t even based on liabilities vs outcome/earnings anymore.

bs spin isnt “cooking the books”. It would be impossible to prove malfeasance against corporate officers in court based on comments because they can say “I was wrong” or “conditions changed” at ANY time.

You seem to have this need to believe Disney execs aren’t lying to you and it’s based on this belief that big brother is watching them to protect you as the customer/stockholder. No such protection exists. You (we) should protecting our own wallets as a shiny twit runs things roughshod.

there is zero consequence for them over or under stating labor issues. None

Bob Iger lied for the better part of 10 years quite frequently…and Wall Street made a lot of money off it. And you still love him. It sucks to be had.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What’s conspiracy? You need labor, you pay more.
And Orlando is one of the EASIEST places to pull this off.

wdw could pull in 10,000 cp “boomerangs” today if they were paid enough to justify moving back. It would kick start the whole town and that is very important in 2022. Win/win/win

SoFloMagic

There is absolutely no threat of being sued.

Wow…there’s a lot of misconception on what’s “regulated” around here. The stock prices aren’t even based on liabilities vs outcome/earnings anymore.

bs spin isnt “cooking the books”. It would be impossible to prove malfeasance against corporate officers in court based on comments because they can say “I was wrong” or “conditions changed” at ANY time.

You seem to have this need to believe Disney execs aren’t lying to you and it’s based on this belief that big brother is watching them to protect you as the customer/stockholder. No such protection exists. You (we) should protecting our own wallets as a shiny twit runs things roughshod.

there is zero consequence for them over or under stating labor issues. None

Bob Iger lied for the better part of 10 years quite frequently…and Wall Street made a lot of money off it. And you still love him. It sucks to be had.
There's also a massive disclaimer whenever they make statements. Unless they're cooking the books and releasing improper financial results, anything is fair game.

DCBaker

Premium Member
According to the Park Reservation calendars, here are the parks currently unavailable for Ticket/Resort guests around the holiday next week -

2-20 - AK
2-21 - MK, AK, DHS
2-22 - MK, AK, DHS
2-23 - MK, DHS
2-24 - DHS

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 2.57.40 PM.png

For APs -

2-21 - AK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom