News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Interesting as it hasn't impacted hopping. We had HS this morning and hopped to MK for Treats and Seats this evening (IMHO the only way to keep out of the mosh pit these days)

cslafferty

Just finishing up our week at WDW and the park pass system and the 2pm park hopping rule really affected how we usually do the parks. For instance, Tuesday and today we had lunch reservations at Epcot, but Epcot doesn’t open to resort guests until 10:30. So normally we would have rope dropped MK at 8:30, gotten a couple hours of low wait rides in, and then jumped on the monorail to Epcot. But couldn’t do that because I had to have park reservations at Epcot because of the dining reservations. So, we sat in our room watching TV, waiting for Epcot to open when we could’ve been in the parks😡

gerarar

Premium Member
Hollywood Studios just opened up on Dec 20th and 21st. Just switched from AK on the 20th.

This was the last opening I was looking out for, thanks to my bot lol
39CAFB3A-8B13-4927-98CD-401397115586.jpeg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Not gonna lie, I’ve totally thought about it. But I’m pretty sure there’s other existing services out there that offer similar. Like I think TP offers one for dining reservations and such.
TP very specifically doesn't charge for that 'service' since Disney would come down on them like a ton of bricks. You can use that service with a free registration to their site.

G00fyDad

TP very specifically doesn't charge for that 'service' since Disney would come down on them like a ton of bricks. You can use that service with a free registration to their site.
TP is nice but it only allows me to "watch" for two ADRs. I wish it let me choose all of my desired ADRs.

Chi84

Premium Member
When that free service resulted in a coveted reservation to 'Ohana immediately before a Halloween party, I bought a subscription. I thought it was only fair. Sites like that deserve to be supported.

ImperfectPixie

When that free service resulted in a coveted reservation to 'Ohana immediately before a Halloween party, I bought a subscription. I thought it was only fair. Sites like that deserve to be supported.
I keep our subscription active regardless of whether we're planning a trip or not. They provide an excellent service and we've used them a ton over the years...they deserve to be rewarded for that and the subscription is very reasonably priced, so I let it roll.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
TP is nice but it only allows me to "watch" for two ADRs. I wish it let me choose all of my desired ADRs.
Yeah, you got to let it find you what you're looking for, grab it, and then reset it for your next wish.

They can't do too many more since it is taxing on their server side and might annoy Disney if they investigate a significant bot "attack."

BTW, I too subscribe when I use the service as a thank-you.

gerarar

Premium Member
Disney routinely blocks IP addresses if you access/call their API endpoints/URLs excessively/routinely, so you need some type of rotating proxy (basically switch the IP you call from) to avoid getting blocked.

Just of note, I pay about $5 a month for rotating 100 proxies, but that’s just for my own personal use/bots. Put that on a larger scale and can probably get costly, plus add in costs for running servers or serverless services, so it’s understandable why TP has such limit for a free service.

G00fyDad

I subscribed to their service partly in hopes that I could search for all of my potential ADRs but found out that it only allows two. However, they have more than enough other services to warrant purchasing the subscription. I understand why they limit it. It's just one of those little things that I wish was different. But you know what they say. You can wish in one hand and....

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
AP Calendar is currently wide open.
Probably not for long. I'm assuming APers have become lulled into a false sense of security and haven't been diligent about reserving in advance, perhaps?

Once they realize those parks and days can be capped out, I wouldn't be surprised to see a rush to reserve and fill the bucket.

correcaminos

Probably not for long. I'm assuming APers have become lulled into a false sense of security and haven't been diligent about reserving in advance, perhaps?

Once they realize those parks and days can be capped out, I wouldn't be surprised to see a rush to reserve and fill the bucket.
A lot of AP holders do avoid weekends like that. Nothing really important to see if too busy.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

…ummm…how many really are there?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom