Disney park in VA?

figmentbaby

Original Poster
Ok...I just came back from VA visiting a couple of friends and we went boating on the Potomac River. From that river we saw a sign stating the new "Disney" park?? Does anyone have any info? Construction was already going on but I thought it would have been more publicized. Someone fill me in i'm dyin to know!!!

DisneyKrazed

I think the sign was suggesting Disney America. It was going to be built in VA but was regected. There is a thread on it, Disney America (sorry no hyperlink).

figmentbaby

Original Poster
That's weird though because I saw them building what appeared to be coaster tracks and scenery...Oh well You're probably right.

figmentbaby

Original Poster
No they were most definitely working...we couldnt get too close because the water became too shallow, but we definitely saw construction workers and tall machine lifters.

james4023464

Are you kidding, I thought this project was abanded. I am so so happy, but I am not going to get my hopes up:D The reason I'm so happy I'm a Virginian:D

figmentbaby

Original Poster
Originally posted by james4023464
Are you kidding, I thought this project was abanded. I am so so happy, but I am not going to get my hopes up:D The reason I'm so happy I'm a Virginian:D

You should go check it out...take a boat out on the Potomac!

BAM

Details...more Details. Did you see anything else? Did you take any pictures? How do we know you're not telling us some wild story?

figmentbaby

Original Poster
I didn't take any pictures but i can send u my plane ticket for proof that I went to VA. I mean I know a lot of false statements are made and I absolutely hate them. I don't really have any proof of any kind that I'm telling the truth but I cant really do anything about that. I'll definitely try and find out more info though. All i remember is that we were about 10 minutes from the bridge...kennedy space center and about 45 minutes from georgetown. Im sowwie BAM :(

BAM

I believe you. I just wanted to make sure that this wasn't some cruel joke. Some people think false rumors are funny...well I kind of do, like the one with nuke missiles in Cinderella's Castle:lol:

Anyways it's just too bad we have no more info on this sighting. Someone definately needs to check this out.

Anyone live in VA near this sight? Can you check it out?

bearboysnc

According to the latest 'Disney Magazine', that project will never materialize.

Disney didn't even own the property, they only had "options" to buy.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Where abouts on Potomac was this? City? Was it a side river? I can't imagine people missing major construction right on the Potomac.

Testtrack321

If we could find hidden clues in the months before the Horizons demolition, we would know about this park.

For a small briefing on the proposed vacation destination, it's support, and anial Virginian rejection, here is a small description.

Disney was looking to build a new type of park. An American style history park was a good choice due to its closeness to DC and other historic places. It would have been a hub this place. At the theme park, you could ride the ride and then see the real Gettesburgh, including bus trip there and back with TV describing the Civial War, pre and post Gettesburgh. And they would use lots of historic places too, like the Smithsonian.

Well, it seems every one in goverment loved it. More jobs, more money, and increased tourism. The Virginians loved this idea, and imbraced it untill the o-so-common spoiled Virginian came and pointed something. This park was to be built on a so called "Civial War Battelfield". Unlike many battelfields currently, the Civial War litterally spread over th whole south, and almost every section was a battelfield.

So, every one got ed. There were "Look at what that evil corperation did to Anahime, and look what it will do to us" comericals, and so forth and so on.

The thing you need to know is that people in Virginan love their history to the point of near suicide for us "others". You can't go to the mall without seeing a store halk Confederate memeorabelia or something like that. Cars with bumperstickers, flags, and other things.

So Disney pulls out, the Virginians pull out, and forget.

They forget all to well that they let the land be used for high-priced homes built ontop of eachother.

So that is it. Anyone care to fill in the holes?

figmentbaby

Original Poster
o...well i don't know guys. I just thought I should report it?? I mean i still believe that theres something fishy going on there because of what I saw but thats just my opinion. Thanks for the help everyone :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom