Disney or SeaWorld in December 2018?

bbudryns

Original Poster
Hi! I'm new to the forum and relatively new to the theme parks.

We will be in Orlando Dec 22-28, 2018. I am trying to decide between 6 days at Disney, or 2 at Disney and the rest at SeaWorld/Aquatica. We are always there at rope drop and use EMH, but I am still afraid that the crowds will make it unmanageable based upon what I have heard. Will SeaWorld be just as bad? Thoughts?

brerkaty

Well, Disney and SeaWorld are very different parks but WDW can get tiring during the holidays. I was there last year and almost every parks gate were shut by noon due to capacity being reached. Both parks have great Christmas shows and decor, but there is always something a little special about Disney during the holidays. Be ready for massive crowds at both!

bbudryns

Original Poster
Thank you! We have decided to go ahead with Disney. Do the crowds thin out enough that they reopen the gates in the afternoon or evening? I was planning to do AM extra magic, midday break, and then use fast passes at a second park starting around 5 or 6. Is this unrealistic given the crowds at both the parks and at transportation (we are at All Star Music)? Should we just do the morning or just late hours instead?

DisneyFreak

We have been in the parks on New Year's Eve. We went into the Magic Kingdom at rope drop and one of our party was going to go back to the room late morning and them come back late afternoon. When he left the gate had been closed and he was warned by a CM that he might not be able to get back into the park later in the day.

Based on size, I would think EPCOT and AK would be a safe bet on being able to get into later in the day. MK and DHS not so much.

bbudryns

Original Poster
Thank you for the recommendations. I am still on the fence as to whether or not I should reschedule the trip. Having done NYE, would you do it again? We have only been to Disney once (two years ago in June) and we stayed at the Poly. Unfortunately the Poly is not in the budget this time.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
and the rest at SeaWorld/Aquatica
4 days at SeaWorld? Granted it will be less crowded then MK, but I can't see that park having enouh activities to occupy you for 4 days. Also consider that it may be a bit cold to do the water park. I know FLA can be very mild, but I've been down there in November and the temps didn't even crawl out of the 50s. Food for thought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom