Disney On the Travel Channel @ 2:00 Est Today

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Just noticed that there are a few Disney Shows on today starting at 2:00 eastern time.
Disney On a Dime at 2:00pm
Disney Splurge 3:00pm

Today must be theme park because there are quite a few other shows that look interesting and Disney again at 7:00 pm with the Samantha Brown's Disney Favorites.

All are repeats but thought it was worth posting if you have missed any of them or are like me and watch each time anyway. :wave:

DonaldDoleWhip

Disney on a Dime really bugs me...not the show in general, but the Rock n' Roller Coaster Fastpass scene. Watch and you'll see why, haha!

It's nice that these are being aired again, although I think they're still on my DVR.

firemandisney

Thanks for the info. We are going down on the 17th of this month for a week.
This trip we ARE doing on a dime. Next trip in early 11 will be a Deluxe resort top notch stay. This one though, we are doing as affordable as possible.

sbkline

Disney on a Dime really bugs me...not the show in general, but the Rock n' Roller Coaster Fastpass scene. Watch and you'll see why, haha!

It's nice that these are being aired again, although I think they're still on my DVR.

"Disney Splurge" is the one that really bugs me. Because the majority of it is stupid stuff that has little or nothing to do with WDW. And some of the stuff that DOES have to do with WDW, like the Richard Petty experience, is just a boring waste of time that doesn't interest me at all. So, maybe 5 or 10 minutes of stuff worth watching, then it's off to the Disney Adventures stuff. And I'm tuning in to see stuff on WDW, not some place in South America or wherever else that stuff is. I actually deleted that one off my DVR the other day because of what a total waste of programming it is.

Speaking of Disney shows, I could have sworn that a few months ago, someone posted a thread saying that they saw some filming at WDW for a show that was supposed to be on in August, I think. That would be this month, of course. Anyone else know anything about this, or am I just imagining things?

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
All of them - Minus the Samantha episodes - bug me. None of them are really "true to life". I almost turned off the Disney on a Dime one. It's so far out there - yeeesh.

Usually love LOVE the travel channel Disney episodes, but they missed the mark with these.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster

I would have never noticed that had you not posted that. :lol:

I liked the Disney on a Dime okay but the Splurge was not that great. With my trip being so close though as long as it is Disney related I am happy though. :ROFLOL:

Sbkline- I wondered the same thing that you asked about. Both of these shows were filmed in '08 so I wondered if these were the ones that were talking about the casting call went out for where you had to be willing to travel in June? Especially since the one was geared to the Disney Adventures??
I dunno :confused:

I enjoyed the thrill rides episode too. Did anyone catch that? Never seen the Terror one that is on at 9 either.
There is no way I would get on some of those rides though!

sbkline

I would have never noticed that had you not posted that. :lol:

I liked the Disney on a Dime okay but the Splurge was not that great. With my trip being so close though as long as it is Disney related I am happy though. :ROFLOL:

Sbkline- I wondered the same thing that you asked about. Both of these shows were filmed in '08 so I wondered if these were the ones that were talking about the casting call went out for where you had to be willing to travel in June? Especially since the one was geared to the Disney Adventures??
I dunno :confused:

I enjoyed the thrill rides episode too. Did anyone catch that? Never seen the Terror one that is on at 9 either.
There is no way I would get on some of those rides though!

No, it shouldn't have been either of those shows, then. Because they aired 4 new shows in a row...well sort of in a row. For four consecutive Fridays, they had a new WDW special on Travel Channel, starting with the Samantha Brown one on April 11. I remember because that was the last show I watched on TV that night, as I went to bed early in preparation for our road trip down there to WDW the following day. :D But then they had another one the next Friday, while we were still at WDW, then another one the following Friday and the 4th one the Friday after that. And the "Disney Splurge" and "Disney on a Dime" shows were two of them. So they couldn't possibly be the ones where a casting call went out for June. So hopefully that does mean that another special will be coming out soon.

And I noticed that part about the Fastpass, too. :lol:

olmec26

Haha, I caught the "NOT A VALID FASTPASS" thing. I also saw another "mistake," but only I would notice or care; they said that the child wanted to go "fast, faster, fastest," each word accompanied by a brief video of a WDW attraction. But here's the problem...for "fast" they showed Space Mountain, for "faster" they showed TT, and for "fastest" they showed RnR - doesn't TT have a faster top speed than RnR?

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
No, it shouldn't have been either of those shows, then. Because they aired 4 new shows in a row...well sort of in a row. For four consecutive Fridays, they had a new WDW special on Travel Channel, starting with the Samantha Brown one on April 11. I remember because that was the last show I watched on TV that night, as I went to bed early in preparation for our road trip down there to WDW the following day. :D But then they had another one the next Friday, while we were still at WDW, then another one the following Friday and the 4th one the Friday after that. And the "Disney Splurge" and "Disney on a Dime" shows were two of them. So they couldn't possibly be the ones where a casting call went out for June. So hopefully that does mean that another special will be coming out soon.

And I noticed that part about the Fastpass, too. :lol:

Oh okay! Then we should have another to look forward to. I didn't get to see it in April so I wasn't sure. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom