Disney offering new Fantasmic Dessert and VIP Viewing Experience

MrPromey

Of course, they are. :rolleyes:

Have they started offering VIP viewing areas for the boat parade yet? Wondering if each resort in Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake will get one and what the price will be on it.

... Maybe they'll stick a couple of pontoon boats in the water that was formerly River Country and repurpose it for that?

JohnD

I'm tempted and the price isn't very high. The problem is the back-to-back of the 8pm Fantasmic and 8:30 fireworks. Impossible to do both. I've already done the dessert party for the fireworks and seen Fantasmic more than once. (Yes, I love the show.)

I think I'll just stick with my plan of hanging out on Hollywood Blvd. to see the fireworks then boat over to Boardwalk for food & beer at Big River Grille followed up by dessert at Ample Hills Creamery. All leisurely, at my pace.

JohnD

we watched both in March when we were there, its only like a 3 minute walk away after the show

Maybe I'll FP it as an extra FP+. No dining package or dessert party for me this year. I really want to try Ample Hills Creamery in Boardwalk.

docdebbi

My observation is that the way it is written it seems that you get your desserts and then go over to the seating area. Sounds like one plate and you're done. The other parties you stay where the desserts are so it's an all can eat over a relatively prolonged period of time deal. Maybe this is why the price is less than for the others.

Last edited:

Jon81uk

My observation is that the way it is written it seems that you get your deserts and then go over to the seating area. Sounds like one plate and you're done. The other parties you stay where the desserts are so it's an all can eat over a relatively prolonged period of time deal. Maybe this is why the price is less than for the others.

I read it as you take the box of desserts with you to your seat. But yes either way its one plate/box per person from the sound of it.

Therefore the dining package is currently a better deal as you get three courses (two courses from 1st Jan 2018). If it was $25 then this package would be great value, $10 worth of drink $10 of food and $5 for the reserved seat.

The Empress Lilly

A vip treatment reduces the other guests' treatment to second-rate.

Disney is better as an egalitarian experience (every guest a vip!), than behaving as a cutthroat airline trying to squeeze its piggies...uh, guests, out for all their worth with tiered treatment and everything monetised. Now to wait for TWDC to start overbooking guest experiences and when they all show up to drag the least valuable pig out....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom