News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

The Empress Lilly

I take great comfort in reports that apparently the GOTG ride in Disneyland isn't the big hit Disney expected. Hah!
Mwah...ToT's ride mechanics are terrific by default. A drop sequence is a great thrill regardless of any dressing. I don't see the new tower fail after the novelty has worn off.

Same with EPCOT's upcoming Gringotts of the Galaxy. Coasters are fun by default too.

I do see GotG itself, as a franchise, lose its status as the hip movie franchise quite soon. It's irreverence works partly as an irreverence towards the other contemporary superhero films. I can see the franchise become dated before the paint is dry on the 2021 EPCOT ride. Already I noticed that GotG 2 was entertaining, but that it was working real hard at being entertaining, where it came more natural in part 1. You can only be the cute new kid for so long. Which will reflect on their two rides before long.

lnsemsf

I take great comfort in reports that apparently the GOTG ride in Disneyland isn't the big hit Disney expected. Hah!

Every time I rode it the lines was far longer than Tower. The people getting off were smiling and laughing and enjoying the ride far more than I ever saw on their sub par Tower. It hardly is a failure and I'd say it's leaps and bounds better than what was there before and gives them a unique excellent ride compared to their old bad copy of a great ride.

prberk

Every time I rode it the lines was far longer than Tower. The people getting off were smiling and laughing and enjoying the ride far more than I ever saw on their sub par Tower. It hardly is a failure and I'd say it's leaps and bounds better than what was there before and gives them a unique excellent ride compared to their old bad copy of a great ride.

The only time I ever rode their ToT, I noticed that the cast members were very into the roles, more so than I have ever seen at our Tower, however great it is. They made up for the more limited construction in their fun attitudes. Before the door shut on us, our attendant leaned in and stared, and continued to do so as the door shut. Then, when we arrived, they very enthusiastically said to "drop in anytime," something I don't regularly hear at our Tower.

And, of course, California locals are usually very aware of the Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood, after which the building was designed.

So, while it was smaller than our Tower, theirs was still cool and well done for the space they had.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Wait a second, I know that face :happy: (I just sent her the link to the photos)
The-Great-Movie-Ride_Full_30825.jpg
Where's Donnie Iris when you need him...?

PrincessJulia1207

I can personally confirm this. As everyone here can recall I called dibs. They're on their way to my front door as we speak.

Just take a guess who'll be answering the door this Halloween.
giphy.gif
And I had dibs on John Wayne's horse. Oh well...maybe he'll turn up at Country Bear Jamboree and get a speaking role. :D
i call dibs on Gene Kelly and Judy Garland!!! :p:p:p

Leahbobeah

It's still astonishing to me that one of the greatest family films of all time, one that lends itself easily to rides and attractions, has zero presence in any American park. :confused:
There used to be a theme park dedicated to The Wizard of Oz. Check out photos by Seph Lawless - he took some beautiful shots of it in its current state, as well as photos of River Country.

comics101

It is amazing how Disney has conditioned so many into thinking that crowding and long waits are positives.

So true. GMR is a total people-eater. The attraction was designed to allow a large number of guests to experience the ride at once. While I don't know the capacity specifics, the vehicle pulls up to the load, riders exit, new guests board, the vehicle disembarks, then the next vehicle almost immediately pulls up to the load, and the process continues. It's a constant flow. This isn't Soarin' or Test Track, or even Dinosaur, which take forever to load, unload.

Tom Morrow

So true. GMR is a total people-eater. The attraction was designed to allow a large number of guests to experience the ride at once. While I don't know the capacity specifics, the vehicle pulls up to the load, riders exit, new guests board, the vehicle disembarks, then the next vehicle almost immediately pulls up to the load, and the process continues. It's a constant flow. This isn't Soarin' or Test Track, or even Dinosaur, which take forever to load, unload.
Err. It takes about 30 seconds to load all four vehicles at a time at Test Track. When adding in the time for the loaded card to leave and returning cars to park, four vehicles leave the station about every 60 seconds.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes

Long lines for a "new" attraction? How odd.

It's an entertaining ride but that's about it. You could probably add rock and pop music to any thrill ride and make it entertaining. A good attraction is much more than that.

Mike S

Long lines for a "new" attraction? How odd.

It's an entertaining ride but that's about it. You could probably add rock and pop music to any thrill ride and make it entertaining. A good attraction is much more than that.
Have to agree. Although I don't much care for Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, the mere fact I can choose to listen to Iron Maiden's "Wicker Man" elevatates it.

Also helps that the drop sequence is far more intense on MB.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom