News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

Casper Gutman

So, thinking about this and, to a lesser extent, Ellen - which WDW ride replacements have been upgrades over their predecessors? Buzz, 7 Dwarfs, Soarin' (compared to Food Rocks, not Kitchen Kabaret), Philharmagic - any others?

Kman101

Clickbait is crying on twitter that he deserves (more than anyone) to be able to go to the D23 GMR thing.... Gave me a nice laugh on this fine Tuesday afternoon :)

I saw a few of the bloggers whining about it ... they act as if they're "entitled" to be able to go to these things. Heaven forbid they can't get special access and photos for their websites ...

becca_

I saw a few of the bloggers whining about it ... they act as if they're "entitled" to be able to go to these things. Heaven forbid they can't get special access and photos for their websites ...
He literally tweeted like 8 pictures of his MGM memorabilia and was complaining about not being able to get the invite to work, like seriously... lol... I get being upset, but you aren't special, just because you own some MGM stuff?

The_Jobu

He literally tweeted like 8 pictures of his MGM memorabilia

Girls.png

The Empress Lilly

So, thinking about this and, to a lesser extent, Ellen - which WDW ride replacements have been upgrades over their predecessors? Buzz, 7 Dwarfs, Soarin' (compared to Food Rocks, not Kitchen Kabaret), Philharmagic - any others?
If You Had Wings > Dreamflight > Pus Lightyear
20k > 7DMT
Mickey Mouse Revue > Philharmagic. Both shows are a medley of classic Disney songs. Actual AA's always trump a screen. Phil is great though, better than some other stuff that's been in here.

Soarin' vs Kitchen Kabaret / Food Rocks is the one possible upgrade. Depending on taste. Other cadidates: Alien Encounter for Mission to Mars. And...erm....err...blimey, that's it! Half a century of plussing yielded one small improved attraction, that they had to close after twenty minutes for the toddler brigade.

asianway

He literally tweeted like 8 pictures of his MGM memorabilia and was complaining about not being able to get the invite to work, like seriously... lol... I get being upset, but you aren't special, just because you own some MGM stuff?
Didn't he go to the thing on Friday?

In all fairness stuff that said "MGM" was never in great abundance compared to say EPCOT. I always assumed because they got a kick back

becca_

Didn't he go to the thing on Friday?

In all fairness stuff that said "MGM" was never in great abundance compared to say EPCOT. I always assumed because they got a kick back
Yeah he did the dinner thing or whatever it was, the one he wanted to sign up for was the D23 event. I just think it's a tad ridiculous to be complaining in multiple tweets over something when I'm sure thousands of other huge fans didn't get to sign up either, plus like you said he went to the other event so.. :rolleyes:

rioriz

If You Had Wings <Dreamflight > Pus Lightyear
20k > 7DMT
Mickey Mouse Revue > Philharmagic. Both shows are a medley of classic Disney songs. Actual AA's always trump a screen. Phil is great though, better than some other stuff that's been in here.

Soarin' vs Kitchen Kabaret / Food Rocks is the one possible upgrade. Depending on taste. Other cadidates: Alien Encounter for Mission to Mars. And...erm....err...blimey, that's it! Half a century of plussing yielded one small improved attraction, that they had to close after twenty minutes for the toddler brigade.

Slight fix...that Dreamflight song is forever imprinted in my head

Well, that was ridiculous.

I logged in at exactly 1:00 EDT (10 a.m. PDT), when the tickets were supposed to be available, and they were not available yet.

Then I refreshed every 10 seconds or so until the "Get tickets here" button opened up, and clicked on it when it did.

At 1:01, I got the "sold out" screen.

That is beyond ridiculous.

This year I wanted to go to the Epcot 35th event also -- and it was also sold out the same day (not sure about immediately).

I am beyond mad about this, and wrote them. I almost ready to ask for my membership fee ($79) back.

On the positive side, it should show them the affinity for the ride. But on the other side, it is almost a slap in the face: "We are going to do this wonderful thing for the fans... but never mind that we tease you with it and only let three people attend. At least we can say we did something..."

I take back everything nice I said in the previous post.

I had the same exact experience, beyond fustrated with D23 as I signed up exclusively for this event. Of course when I called customer service the rep said well that can't be true because I got tickets just fine..... Whaaaaat that's your response to an upset member. Of course the membership is non refundable so I'm stuck paying 79 for nothing

Meeko77

I had the same exact experience, beyond fustrated with D23 as I signed up exclusively for this event. Of course when I called customer service the rep said well that can't be true because I got tickets just fine..... Whaaaaat that's your response to an upset member. Of course the membership is non refundable so I'm stuck paying 79 for nothing

I, too, was not successful. I have the Gold Family membership, but I had noticed in the fine print that it was for yourself and 1 guest. As I wanted to bring along 2 family members, I signed up for the free 30-day trial of the TCM Backlot. I had both windows open and continually refreshed them. The TCM Backlot got me in at 1p ET, but I didn't submit my info right away as I wanted to make sure I could get in with D23, which didn't have the ticket button available until 1:02p ET (and was completely sold out, of course). By the time I went back to TCM Backlot, I got an error message, so I lost out.

I have been a member of D23 since the start and have been continually disappointed with the damaged magazines I receive in the mail (corners are always bent). I miss the days the magazines were sold in bookstores. One year after I had called a second time to complain about a damaged magazine I had received, I was told that I could only receive one replacement magazine a year. For what everyone pays, you would think they would have a better way to package their magazines.

Anyway, the only D23 event we have been able to attend in our family's price range was the POTC event earlier this year at Disney Springs with Marty - so immensely thankful we had the opportunity to hear him speak. Aside from that, I'm not sure about continuing the membership. If the magazines were offered in stores again, then I would cancel the membership.

I wish they would offer additional opportunities, so more people could take part, but c'est la vie. I know I'm very fortunate to have been on the ride as many times as I have - will truly miss it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom