News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

Daveeeeed

Negativity is necessary if someone or something feels wronged. The passion on these forums is fueled by an original basis of positive experiences. The negativity exemplified on these boards are when individuals feel that something will affect future positive experiences.

Cynicism is good and healthy. I truly believe that people that see only positive things are delusional.
Don't put words in my mouth. I've repeated multiple times that I don't like the way things are being run. I hate Frozen: Ever After's placement, I hate Gotg taking over Tot. You seem to be "inferring" that I am delusional... wrong in two ways. I don't like tons of things Disney does, but I also love some things they still do. Pandora being a perfect example. Just look at basically anything new that Disney does even if it's good: it's instantly riled with just nonsense, so of course Disney doesn't care what we think because anything they do gets excessively criticized. If we criticise the worst, and stop panning the good frankly I think things would be better.

I don't like IPs being shoehorned where they don't belong. I don't like the budget cuts, but it's 100% confirmed that they are revving things back up.

And even as things are lightening up for Pandora almost everytime there's a photo someone has to criticise it in some way.

Choose your battles to win the best.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
What does being a member of this forum accomplish?
Assuming that at least some of Disney management read (or assign other people to read) these forums to keep a sense of what the diehard fan community is talking about, it gives them a sense of what the "Disneyphiles" (or Disney Freaks, AKA "nutters") are noticing, ignoring, or reacting to, real or planted news about what's happening, what might be happening, and/or what they might leak might be happening but really have no intention of doing.

jt04

Negativity is necessary if someone or something feels wronged. The passion on these forums is fueled by an original basis of positive experiences. The negativity exemplified on these boards are when individuals feel that something will affect future positive experiences.

Cynicism is good and healthy. I truly believe that people that see only positive things are delusional.

Cynicism is a dead end. It shouldn't be confused with being critical or preferably constructive criticisms. But nearly an entire generation has been convinced otherwise. Critical thinking will make a return I as there will inevitably be a backlash against such unfounded pessimism as it exists lately.

jt04

I don't think it's simply growing up in the comic book movie era. This is one I don't really have a big issue with and unless the comic book movie you are referring to is Flash Gordon I'm probably a bit older. I'd like to see how the ride itself plays out before making a final decision on it but as a surface idea I have much less concern with this than I did the Frozen crud in EPCOT

Perhaps you aren't the target audience. Not everyone is going to like RnRC. Variety is a plus.

L.C. Clench

Perhaps you aren't the target audience. Not everyone is going to like RnRC. Variety is a plus.
Yeah I wouldn't care if they simply redid RnRC either. Outside of the launch I don't see anything special with it and the black light street signs aren't some magical scenery to lose. The only Marvel movies I've really seen are the 2 Cap movies and GotG so I don't really have a connection to those either. Maybe if I did I'd want more for GotG but it replacing something that's already run its course and possibly breathing new energy into it is fine with me.

Cesar R M

The risk comes from having to do as much as they're doing to impress people or else they would've had more than just us here berating them on a terrible job. When's the last time they built a single land with two side-by-side E Tickets?

Exactly.
Wasnt the second ride supposed to be a D ticket?

Animaniac93-98

Are we really conditioned now to accept that a change of theme and IP overlay is actually okay? Like it's the norm and should be expected?
Worse then that, it's encouraged!
It is also defended, fiercely.

Simply put, there is an enourmous gap in expectations and taste between those who become WDW fans before the 25th Anniversary, and those afterwords. It makes any discussion on IPs in the park more or less impossible. No matter how you try to explain it, or what examples you give, it all falls on deaf ears. And corporate and marketing are more than happy to "give the public what it wants".

TeriofTerror

Simply put, there is an enourmous gap in expectations and taste between those who become WDW fans before the 25th Anniversary, and those afterwords. It makes any discussion on IPs in the park more or less impossible. No matter how you try to explain it, or what examples you give, it all falls on deaf ears. And corporate and marketing are more than happy to "give the public what it wants".
But surely we can all come together and agree that the 25th anniversary cake castle was a crime against nature and an affront to all that is good and holy, right? Right?!

L.C. Clench

But surely we can all come together and agree that the 25th anniversary cake castle was a crime against nature and an affront to all that is good and holy, right? Right?!
I liked it. One of my favorite pictures I ever took at Disney was a black and white picture of it. I didn't even mind when they TP'd it but that wand. Blech.

Goofyernmost

I appreciated the Castle Cake as well. Went there twice that year. I thought it was a imaginative, creative and great way to celebrate the 25th. However, a lot of people take their plastic castles pretty seriously. Personally, I like surprises and thinking outside the box.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I appreciated the Castle Cake as well. Went there twice that year. I thought it was a imaginative, creative and great way to celebrate the 25th. However, a lot of people take their plastic castles pretty seriously. Personally, I like surprises and thinking outside the box.
And letting Pandora loose was "thinking outside the box," too... (no reference to DAK intended)

Creathir

So here is a thought: what if the GMR has to be removed, for restructuring of the park layout?

Is it possible the theater itself is detrimental to the general flow of the entire park?

Especially given the alignment of the fireworks launch area.

Casper Gutman

I liked the cake! It was fun and cheesy and, most of all, it was monumental and showed that WDW could and would still do impressive things. And it never threatened to become permanent, like certain other additions...

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Complaints about the castles appearance skyrocketed. Apparently it's sacrosanct for those who wanted the once in a lifetime photo in front of it. They expected the quintessential fairy tale castle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom