News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

DDLand

What is this Alcatraz I keep hearing about?
Alcatraz is the reported code name of one of the brand new E Tickets at Star Wars Experience. Sometimes described as an E Ticket+, it will integrate a host of advanced technologies into the most stunning attraction ever made.

Trackless vehicles. 150 audio animtronics (according to MiceChat). Perfect screen and set integration. Massive scale. Elevators. On board vehicle audio animtronics (a droid like R2-D2).

All on one ride.

The premise is a prison Breakout (hence the Alcatraz name). I imagine we're prisoners or rescuing prisoners and we have to evade fire from legions of First Order Storm Troopers and fight for freedom.

Along the way we'll be meeting two of these bad boys:

They will be shooting at you. In the ride.

This ride should, unless "something goes horribly wrong" (hey, it's Disney ;) ), be the best ride in the world. It's going to be mind blowing and massive.

Though I don't think I can properly hype this ride up with words. You're just going to have to wait until 2019! :D

The Visionary Soul

Original Poster
Alcatraz is the reported code name of one of the brand new E Tickets at Star Wars Experience. Sometimes described as an E Ticket+, it will integrate a host of advanced technologies into the most stunning attraction ever made.

Trackless vehicles. 150 audio animtronics (according to MiceChat). Perfect screen and set integration. Massive scale. Elevators. On board vehicle audio animtronics (a droid like R2-D2).

All on one ride.

The premise is a prison Breakout (hence the Alcatraz name). I imagine we're prisoners or rescuing prisoners and we have to evade fire from legions of First Order Storm Troopers and fight for freedom.

This ride should, unless "something goes horribly wrong" (hey, it's Disney ;) ), be the best ride in the world. It's going to be mind blowing and massive.

Though I don't think I can properly hype this ride up with words. You're just going to have to wait until 2019! :D

It's also rumored to have a horrendous capacity.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Multiple insiders? Bob Iger himself said it would be renamed.

The rumored leading names seem to be (in no particular order):
Disney Hollywood
Disney's Hollywood
Disney Hollywoodland
Disney's Hollywoodland
Disney's Hollywood Adventure
Disney Hollywood Adventure

Hope that helps.
Thought Hollywood was being dropped.
Disney Studio Adventure's
Disney Adventure Studio's
Disney's Adventureland

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
I've been wondering if the new name for DHS could be something like Mickey's Hollywoodland, or in any case something with "Mickey" in it. The new GMR will be centrally located and a key attraction in the park. There's already a huge hidden Mickey in the hub (which they could feature on the map) and Minnie has her dinner parties at Hollywood & Vine. Maybe Mickey could tie it all together somehow and give the park a new central theme.

I may be misremembering, but I thought @marni1971 mentioned something a while ago about a possible other Mickey presence in the park.

I've just been searching through this thread and maybe it's the following that I'm thinking of:

This saga may run and run. There may be a chapter two.

More about the GMR and other.... connected topics. Time will tell.

rushtest4echo

All on one ride.

150 figures seems more accurate. Thats double what Pirates at dl has. 150 AA's would be epic though! Lets hope!

MerlinTheGoat

150 animatronics feels like a stretch of the truth. I'd love it, but it just doesn't sound like something the modern Disney company would approve. Is this even remotely true at all?

World of Motion was one of the most AA-heavy rides Disney ever made, cited as having 188 by online sources (i've ridden it it and did have a ton of them, but not sure how accurate that number really is, they may be counting the simpler moving figures as well). It ended up closing, and one of many reasons was probably the cost of maintenance involved (besides sponsor demands of a thrilling ride). Kind of hard to imagine them building anything like that again.

Though they might be able to save money by all the figures being duplicate stormtroopers with simple motion. Plus there are a lot of droids in the films with relatively simplistic motion.

Mike S

Multiple insiders? Bob Iger himself said it would be renamed.

The rumored leading names seem to be (in no particular order):
Disney Hollywood
Disney's Hollywood
Disney Hollywoodland
Disney's Hollywoodland
Disney's Hollywood Adventure
Disney Hollywood Adventure

Hope that helps.
I like that one.
150 figures seems more accurate. Thats double what Pirates at dl has. 150 AA's would be epic though! Lets hope!
Most of them would likely be pretty low tech and Storm Troopers really aren't the hardest thing to recreate.
150 animatronics feels like a stretch of the truth. I'd love it, but it just doesn't sound like something the modern Disney company would approve. Is this even remotely true at all?

World of Motion was one of the most AA-heavy rides Disney ever made, cited as having 188 by online sources (i've ridden it it and did have a ton of them, but not sure how accurate that number really is, they may be counting the simpler moving figures as well). It ended up closing, and one of many reasons was probably the cost of maintenance involved (besides sponsor demands of a thrilling ride). Kind of hard to imagine them building anything like that again.

Though they might be able to save money by all the figures being duplicate stormtroopers with simple motion...
Exactly.

Mike S

You could always put a non-moving stormtrooper and a rebel mannequin on a small rotating platform and spin it really really fast. It perfectly recreates the illusion of them chasing each other!
That was kind of my point that most of them would be the quality of background figures in rides like Pirates and HM. Very few of them would be Auctioneer or Jack Sparrow level.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom