Refunds or cancellations of Disney World Annual Passes

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I've already reached my Sentinel free article limit. 😬 I assume this is about purchased but not yet activated APs? Disney should at least extend the activation window. One year extra seems fair.

durangojim

Maybe they didn't know that reality was going to change and they would be unemployed.
Of course, but if you bought a car before this happened and can't afford it or any other expensive item can you just call the company and say "I can't use this anymore, sorry". This is no different. Out of state people don't even have the option to pay over time.

durangojim

It's an annual pass and you know that when buying ahead of time. I love how people think it's a monthly membership and should be able to cancel/pause at anytime. They really should stop allowing monthly payments.
Exactly. You're purchasing a ticket that allows you the ability to enter the parks for 365 or 366 days. Whether or not you go to the parks every day is not Disney's concern. A person could die, become sick, move out of the country, and a multitude of other reasons they can't use the ticket. Disney has kept their end of the bargain by extending the amount of time the ticket will be valid for. This is no different than buying anything else and making payments on it. I don't get to stop paying for my tv just because my power or cable went out or that I might not be able to afford it anymore.

CJR

Does this mean we'll keep getting charged for the extension period?

No, Disney messaged passholders that the payments would end in line with the payment plan in the contract. After the 12 months of payments are complete, guests will not have a payment again until it's time to renew the pass, if they opt to renew.

This is why it's different from a membership. You pay for the value of the pass, at the time of purchase. After the pass expires, you don't have more payments unless you renew or buy a new pass. You can also pay for it in full.

I won't be surprised if Disney does away with offering a payment plan if it's causing too much frustration. People can always use a credit card if they can't afford a pass outright.

trainplane3

I've already reached my Sentinel free article limit. 😬 I assume this is about purchased but not yet activated APs? Disney should at least extend the activation window. One year extra seems fair.
Try using a different device or clearing your cache and temporary files. ;)
Yep, clearing history will let you through. Or instead of nuking your history, in Chrome just search for "orlandosentinel" and delete any bits of history that come up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom