Disney No Longer Including Appetizers for Deluxe Dining Plan

andysol

Original Poster
Assumed I should put this here as it's "news"- but feel free to move it to dining if mods feel differently.

https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/me...ing-plans/january-2016-deluxe-dining-plan.pdf

Cya later Appetizers. Just entree and dessert now.

ETA:
@SherlockWayne Attached a pic of the french brochure, and it still has the appetizer listed. So one of them are wrong. When we get confirmation which is real, I'll update this post.
https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/me...-plans/january-2016-deluxe-dining-plan-fr.pdf

Last edited:

DisneyDebRob

So you get what for all that money now? Seems like I've been hitting Disney hard lately but geez, can you give us something instead of all these takeaways?
I'm not a deluxe plan or dining plan guy, just a TIW card for me but the constant hits in all areas is getting annoying.

subvelocity

I never understood why the option wasn't Appetizer or Dessert. Given the size of some of the appetizers, I don't see how the backend cost difference could be that much. We love having our own appetizers due to food preferences, but usually end up sharing a dessert. But these just removed really the only reason we would choose a DDP over the regular DP.

In-Room dining includes appetizers and dessert. Weird.

DisneyDebRob

I never understood why the option wasn't Appetizer or Dessert. Given the size of some of the appetizers, I don't see how the backend cost difference could be that much. We love having our own appetizers due to food preferences, but usually end up sharing a dessert. But these just removed really the only reason we would choose a DDP over the regular DP.
I think the reason for that is that most desserts are already made, a lot cheaper and no time for the staff to throw it on a plate wherein apps take time and are more expensive.
I do agree though it would be great if there was a choice for those who do the dining plan.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Unless they're going to update that brochure, there are a lot of table service locations missing.
Yes exactly the brochure is never fully edited/updated until January so I would not panic yet people! HAHA. But we will have 15 pages probably in a day or so of people freaking out. No offense but eventhough I LOVE the dining plan this will not make my decision to get Deluxe or not solely on an Appetizer being missing anyway. So either way no big deal to me personally. I will still use, pay for, and love the regular or deluxe plan in the future.
Thanks for the info OP though! :D

Last edited:

asianway

odmichael

Disney-Lucasfilm-meme.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom