Disney Night Life

Epcot-Rules

Original Poster
Taking a Disney vacation the end of this month with only adults. With Pleasure Island changes, where is the best night life? Bars, dancing, drinking??

EaglesfanNJ

Hey there. Personally, I still recommend going to Downtown Disney. There is still plenty to do there and as you mentioned, there are still plenty of nice places to duck in for some drinks.

My favorite happens to be down by the old Pleasure Island area.... Raglan Road. Irish theming with great music, great draft beer selections, awesome atmosphere, and a great place to get an outdoor seat and people watch.

Located directly next door to Raglan Road is "Fuego". If you have any cigar lovers in your group, I recommend going in here. In addition to great cigar selection, you can smoke them right there, they have a great alcohol selection, and tables outside as well for people watching.

Downtown also has a House of Blues and a Planet Hollywood.

Though I've never been, I hear Jellyrolls is a great time, open to 2 AM too. Located at the Boardwalk area.

And of course, World Showcase can often be a great time in regards to grabbing a drink with friends and enjoying the atmosphere. EPCOT has so many sights and sounds to please the appetite.

Good luck and enjoy!

njDizFan

^^^ All Good suggestions

My thoughts:

For just drinks- Ragland Road, Vicotia Falls(AKL),Rose and Crown

Music and Dance- Jellyrolls, Atlantic Dance Hall, House of Blues,Uni City Walk also has some cool places

DizneyPryncess

I like The Boardwalk at night - we've always had a good time there. If you're into any sports, ESPN Club has a fun bar area at night.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Jellyrolls!

This is absolutely my favorite place to hang out at night, after the parks close. Full drink menu, great music and "show" (the piano players are all exceptionally talented), and it's open late (until 2 AM, like someone else mentioned). There is a $10 cover, but it's totally worth it!

Epcot-Rules

Original Poster
Thanks for all the advice. I do like City Walk but it's off property. If we have drinks there we have to take a cab because I don't drink and drive. I like Disney transportation, this is why we are staying on property.

Boardwalk sounds like a good place to check out. Is Jellyrolls there?

rkelly42

I second the Boardwalk if you want some nightlife, only because I do enjoy going to Espn and having a drink while watching sports. A close second Raglan Road, great atmosphere. I also like to check out some of the lounges at the other resorts.

Zummi Gummi

Thanks for all the advice. I do like City Walk but it's off property. If we have drinks there we have to take a cab because I don't drink and drive. I like Disney transportation, this is why we are staying on property.

Boardwalk sounds like a good place to check out. Is Jellyrolls there?

Yes, Jellyrolls is at the end of the Boardwalk (just before Atlantic Dance Hall).

jmani56

You could try Atlantic Dance on the Boardwalk, but every time I peek inside it looks pretty dead. I always visit in the off-season though, so that could account for the lack of people.

There is also a nightclub in Coronado Springs called Rix. I have never been there myself, but some people say it's a pretty cool place.

monorailguy01

Jellyrolls!

This is absolutely my favorite place to hang out at night, after the parks close. Full drink menu, great music and "show" (the piano players are all exceptionally talented), and it's open late (until 2 AM, like someone else mentioned). There is a $10 cover, but it's totally worth it!

how do you get back to your hotel if you are out till 2? does disney transportation run that late at night?

NiarrNDisney

Here is a list of places on the Disney Property:

Epcot Resorts

Boardwalk - Atlantic Dance Hall (Night Club), Big River Grill and Brew Works (Brew pub), ESPN Zone (Sports Bar), *JellyRolls (Piano Bar)

Dolphin - Lobby Court (Lounge), *blue zoo Lounge (Lounge)

Downtown Disney

Fuego (Cigar Bar), House of Blues (live music), Paradiso 37 (Tequila Bar), *Raglan Road (Irish Pub)

Other Resorts

Animal Kingdom Lodge - Victoria Falls

Contemporary - Outer Rim (Lounge), The Wave

Coronado Springs - *Rix Lounge (Night Club)

Port Orleans French Quarter - Scat Cats (Live music/bar)

* Best places for nightlife on property

Zummi Gummi

how do you get back to your hotel if you are out till 2? does disney transportation run that late at night?

If you don't have your own car (or are inebriated), the best way to get back is to call a cab. It will cost something like $7.00 to get to most places on property.

Rasvar

If the Bus transportation is shut down, I have had luck with Disney Security giving me a ride back to my resort. But, most of the bars will shutdown long enough before the buses stop. The bus system usually runs until 2am.

But you may want to check with the driver before getting on to head to DTD to make sure you can get a connecting bus back. Sometimes the last bus of the night will just do a special run and take you where you need to go.

Epcot-Rules

Original Poster
You could try Atlantic Dance on the Boardwalk, but every time I peek inside it looks pretty dead. I always visit in the off-season though, so that could account for the lack of people.

There is also a nightclub in Coronado Springs called Rix. I have never been there myself, but some people say it's a pretty cool place.

Coronado Springs is where we are staying so I will check out Rix.

NiarrNDisney

Coronado Springs is where we are staying so I will check out Rix.

Rix Lounge is a great club they also have small plates availible for dining. I f the club scene is not your thing then try the Laguna bar right outside of El Centro on Lago Darado they have great food, drinks and a great view!

Zummi Gummi

Rix Lounge is a cool place. They have good music, but a pretty small dance floor, which is disappointing. It does attract a lot of conventioners, though. Not a big deal for me, but some people don't like to be around conventioners (who have a very different attitude about partying than the typical WDW vacationer).

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Taking a Disney vacation the end of this month with only adults. With Pleasure Island changes, where is the best night life? Bars, dancing, drinking??

My suggestion...

Wake up early, get yourself over to Universal for the day. Check out Harry Potter, Spiderman, Men in Black, the Simpsons ect...

Then...

Spend the night at City Walk. WDW does not even compare to Universal when it comes to nightlife anymore.

However, if you are totally committed to spending all your time inside WDW's borders. Then the only options for a good time are JellyRolls and Raglan Road. JellyRolls is a phenomenal time. In fact, I consider it a can't miss. Raglan Road is also pretty good, but can be dead some nights, which leads to a much less fun atmosphere. I have never had that problem at JellyRolls.

Jellyrolls!

Jellyrolls is such a great time!! If you want to drink, and get a little rowdy on property - it's definitely my suggestion. I always have such a great time with friends when we go. The duelling piano players are so fantastic! And hilarious!

Raglan Road at DTD is also a great place to go - Irish Pub - can't go wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom