Disney needs to train their CMs better regarding mobile APs

durangojim

Original Poster
I’ve got my AP on my watch, it shows my name, and the fact that it is an AP. It’s ridiculous that some ask for the actual card and/or ID to give the discount. I’d say it’s about 30% of CMs I’ve encountered. I’ve very politely told them (via an Obi Wan Kenobi force move) that it’s not necessary because my watch is only accessed by me. That is usually sufficient. It’s just frustrating that something is made and marketed to become more convenient is then made less convenient by some CMs. First world problems I know but still.

JIMINYCR

People were handing off their MB's to their friends and family members to be used in their place to get them extra FP+ use... some CM's were checking for who was being scanned into the rides.... so your watch could be used by another as well.

correcaminos

It says on the site each guest must present a valid Passholder ID and government-issued photo ID at time of purchase to receive the discount.

Not that I am asked often, but I'm ready if they do. I even have a digital copy of my DL in case I'm cell and watch only.

Raxel7851

I have no problem showing a CM my AP card. As a matter of fact, I usually ask if they need to see it. Most say yes, some have said no, that’s ok, but it’s just polite to ask. It’s part of their job to check. Plus like another poster wrote, you could easily give your watch to someone else.

MorphinePrince

As a former merchandise coordinator, it is company policy to ask for both a photo ID and your AP card. I always enforced discount policies when I worked, I even carried a copy of the passholder guide with me to show guests the "fine print" if there was an issue. In recent years, I think they've began allowing you to show your AP card on the My Disney Experience app, if you had a photo id as well. I'll find out this week since I'm here.

Trackmaster

They need to keep their policies uniform if nothing else. There shouldn't be cases where some CMs turn a blind eye on the rules and some don't. If even one CM turns a blind eye one time, then the rest of the year, guests will say "What are you talking about, CMs let me do this all the time."

Personally, I think its better to take stuff like that off the app. Requiring people to use a physical object keeps the line moving faster. You let people use the app, half of the guests will be taking time to scroll to bring up when its their time, and that slowness adds up and leads to backed up lines.

durangojim

Original Poster
My confusion comes from the fact that in November and March I was told by multiple CMs that they no longer require ID and about 90% of CMs have not asked me for it on this trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom