Disney movies that deserve attractions

WEDfan9798

I thought a Moana boat ride would be pretty cool. Built like a volcano... Something between Pirates and Splash in terms of ride.
I've thought about this a few times. What I hope to do someday is a Polynesian attraction similar in scope to Pirates of the Caribbean and New Orleans Square with the obvious theming adjustments. Besides, it would have some type of Tiki Room-style experience.

BigDlover

Princess and the Frog
I've always wanted a boat ride called "Goin' Down the Bayou" where you literally go down the river and encounter all of the characters and Mama Odie's Tree. There could be a really beautiful fireflies sequence and a spooky voodoo/shadows sequence.

I would also love more princess rides: Tangled, Moana (beyond Journey of Water), Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Mulan, BATB, and Pocahontas. I would even be happy with duplicates of the Tangled and BATB rides coming to Tokyo although from what I know, OLC doesn't duplicate its attractions to other parks. I'm surprised no real rides for a lot of these movies haven't been made anywhere in the world.

DaveN1996

Always thought Animal Kingdom with a Brave based coaster that takes you through the castle ruins and along the country side complete with a large animation bear at some point.

General Mayhem

Are there any Disney movies you do like?
Sure do, but I'm very picky:
Beauty and the Beast (1991 only)
The Little Mermaid
Frozen
Wreck it Ralph
Lilo and Stitch
Return to Oz
Onward
Cinderella 3 a Twist in Time
Enchanted
Alice in Wonderland
Sleeping Beauty
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Rocketeer
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
and some others but yeah...

Imagineer45

It is hard to believe that Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella both lack attractions at all of the parks, as they are two of the original 3 Disney princesses. Yes, I know they have castles and associated walkthroughs, but those are not actual rides. Prince Charming from Cinderella has his own carousel, but that is it. Both movies could use at least a dark ride.

General Mayhem

It is hard to believe that Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella both lack attractions at all of the parks, as they are two of the original 3 Disney princesses. Yes, I know they have castles and associated walkthroughs, but those are not actual rides. Prince Charming from Cinderella has his own carousel, but that is it. Both movies could use at least a dark ride.
To be fair there's not that many interesting locations featured in those films. Like what would you see in a Cinderella ride?

Imagineer45

To be fair there's not that many interesting locations featured in those films. Like what would you see in a Cinderella ride?

I do not believe there needs to be an interesting location in a film to make a good dark ride. Many dark rides just follow the plot of a movie anyway, like Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, Peter Pan, etc. Interesting locations are generally required for more advanced attractions like FoP and SDMT. For the Cinderella example, I would have a dark ride going through the plot of Cinderella. Thinking about it now, it could look really similar to the old Snow White's Adventure at MK.

General Mayhem

I do not believe there needs to be an interesting location in a film to make a good dark ride. Many dark rides just follow the plot of a movie anyway, like Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, Peter Pan, etc. Interesting locations are generally required for more advanced attractions like FoP and SDMT. For the Cinderella example, I would have a dark ride going through the plot of Cinderella. Thinking about it now, it could look really similar to the old Snow White's Adventure at MK.
If you ever read any interviews or books written by Imagineers they have stated that the reason why certain films in the Disney canon don't receive the dark ride treatment is because they don't have a lot of variety in locals to choose from. Like for instance a Robin Hood ride was once considered but was quickly thrown out due to the movie being just forests and stone buildings. So for Cinderella you have the interior of the Chateau, the backyard of the Chateau, the Castle, and the Castle gardens. That's not much to work with for a dark ride. May I add that the movies you listed have a much more varied set of locations and are easier stories to tell interestingly with a moving ride vehicle.

Smooth

Agree about Aladdin...Easy Adventureland attraction.
IMG_0304.JPG

Brer Panther

If you ever read any interviews or books written by Imagineers they have stated that the reason why certain films in the Disney canon don't receive the dark ride treatment is because they don't have a lot of variety in locals to choose from. Like for instance a Robin Hood ride was once considered but was quickly thrown out due to the movie being just forests and stone buildings.
On this note, I think Sleeping Beauty would work a little better for a dark ride. You have slightly more varied locations like the forest, Maleficent's lair, and the big patch of thorns.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom