Disney movies that deserve attractions

SnoWhitesPrince

Another vote for Sleeping Beauty. I keep thinking about how current technology could be used for Maleficent's transformation into the dragon and Aurora's dress changing color in the finale. Not to mention how awesomely big and scary that dragon AA would be.

(Of course, we'd probably just get a tiny black cardboard silhouette with flashing red Christmas lights taped around its edge like Ursula's death scene. 🙄 )

MAGICFLOP

Star Wars!!! and Disney needs to do 2 parks
Rename them:

1. Disney Hollywood Star Wars studios
2. EPCOT Strikes Back

2 parks, one movie theme !!!

The Grand Inquisitor

Tangled in my opinion needs a themed ride.
I agree 100%. There are plans for a Tangled Ride at Tokyo Disney Sea. It would be great if Disney World got a Tangled ride at one of the parks.
1587938305065.png

Imagineer45

1) Shanghai Pirates but with a Moana theme and fewer screens instead.
2) A Tangled dark ride where there is an existing Tangled facade in place (for bathrooms...)
3) Cinderella dark ride, because there is a giant castle for her in the park
4) Tiana's Palace restaurant
5) Mystic Manor but with a Night at the Museum theme (I know it's legacy Fox but it would work so well)

PSM

Coco 100%. In the Epcot Mexico pavilion taking the place of Gran Fiesta Tour, which I love but there was never a more appropriate space to put a ride based on a great Disney movie. If there is only a single Disney IP that could fit well into Epcot without feeling forced, it is Coco on that ride in that pavilion.

SteamboatJoe

I keep a spread sheet which tabulates the average critic and user rating (Rotten Tomatoes, IMDB, Metacritic, Google) for each major Disney-Pixar or under the (pre-Fox) Disney umbrella film for reference. If you were to pick a movie that has no ride in either of the domestic parks based on ratings data, here is what the results would be...

1. WALL-E - This is the highest rated film of any of the major, pre-Fox Disney studios to not have a ride (or any kind of permanent attraction for that matter).

2. Beauty and the Beast - This is the highest rated Walt Disney animation studios film to not have a ride in any of the domestic parks.

3. Lion King - Show but no ride.

4. Up! - Show but no ride.

5. Coco

6. Mary Poppins - Pending what happens with Epcot

7. Fantasia

8. Nightmare Before Christmas - Seemingly permanent seasonal overlay but no full-time, permanent ride domsetically.

9. Zootopia - Like WALL-E, it has absolutely nothing domestically.

10. Moana - Might have a walk-thru attraction in Epcot depending on the budgetary fallout from the virus.

NOTE: I pretty much excluded the Star Wars and Marvel franchises since they have or will have entire lands dedicated to them even if the attractions do not exclusively focus on any given movie.

Last edited:

SteamboatJoe

I keep a spread sheet which tabulates the average critic and user rating (Rotten Tomatoes, IMDB, Metacritic, Google) for each major Disney-Pixar or under the (pre-Fox) Disney umbrella film for reference. If you were to pick a movie that has no ride in either of the domestic parks based on ratings data, here is what the results would be...

1. WALL-E - This is the highest rated film of any of the major, pre-Fox Disney studios to not have a ride (or any kind of permanent attraction for that matter).

2. Beauty and the Beast - This is the highest rated Walt Disney animation studios film to not have a ride in any of the domestic parks.

3. Lion King - Show but no ride.

4. Up! - Show but no ride.

5. Coco

6. Mary Poppins - Pending what happens with Epcot

7. Fantasia

8. Nightmare Before Christmas - Seemingly permanent seasonal overlay but no full-time, permanent ride domsetically.

9. Zootopia - Like WALL-E, it has absolutely nothing domestically.

10. Moana - Might have a walk-thru attraction in Epcot depending on the budgetary fallout from the virus.

NOTE: I pretty much excluded the Star Wars and Marvel franchises since they have or will have entire lands dedicated to them even if the attractions do not exclusively focus on any given movie.

Interestingly enough, if you average just the fan ratings and leave out the critics, the list looks a little different:

1. Lion King

2. Zootopia

3. WALL-E

4. Beauty and the Beast

5. Coco

6. Nightmare Before Christmas

7. Up!

8. Big Hero 6 - Pending on what happens with EPCOT's play pavilion

9. Wreck-It Ralph - See #8 plus the fact that a permit was supposedly pulled for something.

10. Tangled

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom