News Disney Movie Magic Ending (Getting ready for Wonderful World of Animation?)

JohnD

Original Poster
By clicking on the calendar at the WDW website, I noticed that Disney Movie Magic ends February 23. Considering that Wonderful World of Animation is supposed to begin in May (according to this blog post), it would appear this is to get the new show ready for a May launch.

At first I thought the new show would replace SW:AGS, but it still has shows at 9:30 in May.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The new show is projection based and will replace Movie Magic.

The calendar is often not updated that far in advance for Movie Magic, so what you are seeing may not mean it will not be shown. With it just being a switch out of the movies shown on the projectors, I wouldn't expect much of a downtime between the two shows.

JohnD

Original Poster
The new show is projection based and will replace Movie Magic.

The calendar is often not updated that far in advance for Movie Magic, so what you are seeing may not mean it will not be shown. With it just being a switch out of the movies shown on the projectors, I wouldn't expect much of a downtime between the two shows.

Okay. It’s weird that they aren’t consistent with the calendar. Only a week or so ago SWAGS wasn’t shown beyond April 30, looking like Animation was going to replace it for a period of time. Now it’s shown with 9:30 shows. Meanwhile DMM seems to extend out only a month at a time.

JohnD

Original Poster
It’s a legitimate question. Other than a generic page about it on the WDW website, it doesn’t show up as an event like any other event would on the site. You would think that if we’re told it has a May 1 start date, it would be listed by now. It’s not.

JohnD

Original Poster

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They must have heard me. More info:

Allow me to translate:

We beg you come this Summer and not wait for Star Wars!!!!

JohnD

Original Poster
It's a 9:05, the same time as Fantasmic. Well, given a choice, I'll watch the new projection show. I've seen Fantasmic multiple times. Would have been nice to have them separated enough so that you could see both. Say, at 8:30 for Animation show.. Dusk in Orlando on May 1 is at 8:26.

YodaMan

It's a 9:05, the same time as Fantasmic. Well, given a choice, I'll watch the new projection show. I've seen Fantasmic multiple times. Would have been nice to have them separated enough so that you could see both. Say, at 8:30 for Animation show.. Dusk in Orlando on May 1 is at 8:26.

Not too surprising. It’s replacing DMM and that’s exacrly what they do with that show.

JohnD

Original Poster
Not too surprising. It’s replacing DMM and that’s exacrly what they do with that show.

True. But this is one is a celebration of Mickey and all of Disney animation. Would have been nice if WDW took into consideration guests who may have wanted to take in all things Mickey. Oh well, I cancelled my VIP dining package for Fantasmic that night. It's not like I haven't seen it.

mm52200

True. But this is one is a celebration of Mickey and all of Disney animation. Would have been nice if WDW took into consideration guests who may have wanted to take in all things Mickey. Oh well, I cancelled my VIP dining package for Fantasmic that night. It's not like I haven't seen it.
Yes but they also want to spread out crowds in the park and make you pick one show or the other. If you wanna watch both come a second night is what they seem to want.

JohnD

Original Poster
Yes but they also want to spread out crowds in the park and make you pick one show or the other. If you wanna watch both come a second night is what they seem to want.

Which is what I may do. I’ll be in Epcot the previous night. I may hop to HS to see Fantasmic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom