Disney Movie Club

EasyRover

Original Poster
Forgive me if this has already been asked, but are there any members here in the Disney Movie Club. Received some mail and looked at the offers and it doesn't sound too bad.

4 movies for a dollar and then only 4 full-price charges in the next two years? Seems like a reasonable deal.

Any pros or cons?

Schneewittchen

I'm a member of the Disney Movie Club with VIP status, but I'm a huge consumer of Disney products so it works for me. I also have a Disney Movie Rewards account. I am trying to build a massive Disney library - I have about 90 now. I started with just a copy of Snow White in 2009.

Here's my game:
A Disney movie comes out in the the theaters, I take my family, keep the stubs and submit them to DMR to earn points.
When that movie comes out on Blu-ray, I order it from the DMC at full retail price along with 2 or 3 much older Disney films at a huge discount (60% off or thereabouts). I submit the codes from the DVDs to DMR to earn more points. When I earn enough points, I get a free movie from DMR to add to the collection.

So my last order from DMC was Moana at full price with deeply discounted Monsters Inc, Davy Crockett and Johnny Tremain. Before that, it was full price Finding Dory with deeply discounted Tron, Atlantis, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Treasure Planet, and Follow Me Boys. I'm not kidding about wanting the deep Disney library.

Just this year, I've gotten 2 "free" movies from DMR, Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides and the Lone Ranger. (Yes, I'm in love with Johnny Depp). I figure, I'll be getting another "free" movie by May.

There are cons. This is an expensive habit. If don't want billions of Disney movies, this is probably not for you. And if you don't pay attention to your account, they will send you stuff you don't want. There's a monthly featured title you have to remember to decline or they will automatically send it and bill your credit card.

Animaniac93-98

The main incentive for me joining was getting Blu-rays of stuff like Old Yeller, Pollyanna, Swiss Family Robinson etc that you can't get elsewhere. The exclusive DVDs are pretty poor quality, but it's nice to have a legit copy of Mr. Boogedy on DVD.

CJR

You can get a much better deal than that. There's a code floating around with five movies for one dollar and only three commitments, two if you take another deal when you first join, I'll try to see if I can find it.

EDIT: I guess they don't really want the code too easy to find, so I'll PM it.

Last edited:

mcurtiss

its good if you're a completist and want a quick and easy way to fill up your library when joining. Frankly, I haven't done many of the monthly movie picks though.

disneygeek90

About a year ago or so I wanted to boost my Blu-Ray collection. After two runs of DMC as well as finding good deals on Ebay/Amazon etc., I now have nearly 70 animated movies all in Blu Ray. I found it overall to be a good deal. Even if the price for the commitment movies are slightly above retail (~$30 Blu Ray) and you do the $5/5 + 3 commitment, that comes out to about $11.87/movie, plus shipping.

I’d recommend doing your “commitment” purchases all at once, as you save on shipping.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom