"Disney motto helped dad, autistic son survive at sea"

adamcav

I think it would be nice if Disney reached out to this family and made some dreams come true.

Does anyone know how to contact someone important at Disney and make this suggestion? I'm sure it's been thought of already, but a little encouragement never hurt.

stevediesel

^I'm sure Disney has or will heard of this. Anytime they are mentioned in a major media outlet, tv, print, web, they find out about it.

bgoebel

I am a speech therapist who is lucky enough to work exclusively in special education classrooms geared specifically for students with autism. This story touched my heart for obvious reasons. I love working with students with autism because they are a puzzle. They often live mostly in their own world but when you are able to break through (whether it be through a disney movie or shared interest in puzzles, animals, or computer games) IT is an utterly amazing moment. Imagine how many more amazing moments this family could share when he can communicate with his hero and his family share a little of his "world" in THE "world".

coltow

I saw this on the Today show yesterday and I was so very touched by this. I loved that they could use Disney to communicate. I've used Disney to help my own kids learn some words. Whenever I hold up my 18 month old's Woody doll he tries to say "Howdy, Howdy, Howdy" and then we both laugh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom