Disney Merch is really getting strange (photo attached)

Ayla

It's the opposite of a waste of money. I used to wear $80 dress shoes that would wear out after about 6 months. I invested in a few pairs of actual high-quality shoes that are going on 8 years and still look absolutely brand new. $400 every 10+ years is a lot cheaper than $80 every six months.

I buy sneakers for around that price but they're not "good quality." They're mesh and foam and made in a third world sweatshop. But no sneaker is going to last as long as a welted full-grain dress shoe, so sneakers aren't something to spend money on.
I do the same. I'd rather buy quality that lasts years the first time, versus having to replace a cheap piece of junk every 6 months. I've found some people have a very hard time with that concept, though.

dreday3

I do the same. I'd rather buy quality that lasts years the first time, versus having to replace a cheap piece of junk every 6 months. I've found some people have a very hard time with that concept, though.

Yep.

My parents bought me my Gucci bucket purse in 1988. Rite of Passage for an Italian girl. 😄

That purse has lasted all these years and when I did want to replace the strap recently, went to the Gucci store and they did it for free.

Now thats quality!

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Find me a store in that resort that is nothing but shirts themed to the attraction and not a small corner with one or 2 items and hopefully a size not small or medium..Then I'd be happy.
Splashdown Photos and Briar Patch when merch for the ride was still being produced...

Unrelated but I wish Runaway Railway had an actual store and not a tiny kiosk awkwardly stuffed in a corner, the merch pool is too small for what they consider to be a flagship attraction.

Cmdr_Crimson

Splashdown Photos and Briar Patch when merch for the ride was still being produced...

Unrelated but I wish Runaway Railway had an actual store and not a tiny kiosk awkwardly stuffed in a corner, the merch pool is too small for what they consider to be a flagship attraction.
Same thing goes for Studio 1 store by Muppetvision..Your expected to see Muppetvision or any Muppet related merch and the store was themed to it only to be a generic merch store..

MickeyLuv'r

This one struck me as a bit odd. It is a holiday wreath themed to Monsters INC. It caught my eye though, because I saw a guy buying one.

Attachments

• image from WDW.jpg
    image from WDW.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 35

Figgy1

Premium Member
There are virtually no name-brand designer bags of any description (unless you're getting up into the thousands of dollars) that use legitimately high-quality leather. Portland Leather Goods uses good leather, but their construction isn't the best.

Women's shoes have the same issue. Men can get a $400 pair of shoes (on sale for $200) that will last 25 years. A woman's $400 pair of shoes will fall apart in the same amount of time as a $29.99 special at Kohls.
Preach GIF

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I know. Once.

Now all you can get is an expensive orange jacket or a plastic helmet.

Would have been nice to at least see a Rise shirt, right? Merch has fallen off a cliff in recent years, descending into stupid crap like spirit jerseys and bad designs and color schemes.

I'm not sure I even recall seeing a t-shirt the first time we rode in March 2020.

Cmdr_Crimson

I think it all stated going downhill just around the mid early 2010's when I first saw this shirt at the parks..
8ebc6236067b5e907b67559085982c60.jpg

You can have one that says "Toilet" with the fumes coming out as well because this is bad as it gets..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom