Disney mechanical issues and mishaps

Notes from Neverland

Original Poster
Recently returned from about a week stay at Disney and encountered so many issues with things breaking down and mishaps that I couldn't resist this thread.

Magic Kingdom was hit really hard on this past Saturday, with Mine Train and Space Mountain going down for a significant amount of time. Then Big Thunder went down for a bit. Then Pirates had to be evacuated. Chalk it up to a rough day, but then Everest went down the same night and forced an evacuation. It was hard to not feel like things were in disarray (it became a running joke that we'd all get stuck on every ride or show). Space Mountain was down for a decent amount of time all trip. Up for a bit then down - repeat.

On this past Sunday, things went smoother (some rides were down, but we weren't on them), but two boats collided during Fantasmic. The performers played it off amazingly well, but the sight of two boats stuck as the show continued was pretty hilarious. They soon figured things out and sped off, but what a bizarre sequence of events.

I know all of these could be coincidences and over a larger sample of time they wouldn't seem to be too bad, but it's hard to not wonder if the overall maintenance and planning of things at the World is a bit lacking.

contrariwise

Hmmm. There's always been something broken down or malfunctioning on all our trips, going back 10 years or so. It would be interesting to know if it's happening more lately though.

Marco226

two boats collided during Fantasmic. The performers played it off amazingly well, but the sight of two boats stuck as the show continued was pretty hilarious. They soon figured things out and sped off, but what a bizarre sequence of events.

I don't understand why they can't just make those boats all travel in the same direction. It would make their lives so much easier not having to be so precise, and it would be safer for the performers. Oy...

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Recently returned from about a week stay at Disney and encountered so many issues with things breaking down and mishaps that I couldn't resist this thread.

Magic Kingdom was hit really hard on this past Saturday, with Mine Train and Space Mountain going down for a significant amount of time. Then Big Thunder went down for a bit. Then Pirates had to be evacuated. Chalk it up to a rough day, but then Everest went down the same night and forced an evacuation. It was hard to not feel like things were in disarray (it became a running joke that we'd all get stuck on every ride or show). Space Mountain was down for a decent amount of time all trip. Up for a bit then down - repeat.

On this past Sunday, things went smoother (some rides were down, but we weren't on them), but two boats collided during Fantasmic. The performers played it off amazingly well, but the sight of two boats stuck as the show continued was pretty hilarious. They soon figured things out and sped off, but what a bizarre sequence of events.

I know all of these could be coincidences and over a larger sample of time they wouldn't seem to be too bad, but it's hard to not wonder if the overall maintenance and planning of things at the World is a bit lacking.

It's definitely lacking, you can sadly see it everywhere. Until someone gets hurt I expect that maintenance won't be a priority.

WDW Monorail

As usual, the posters on this site are completely inept about what they experience. Make this a lesson learned for anyone who reads this to not take some mook's post on this site as truth.

BackOTheLine

Funny I was thinking the same thing. Here this week - saw Peoplemover being evacuated. Frozen ride down at some point 3 days in a row(not that uncommon) Test Track down a couple of times (not weather related) - at one point TT and Frozen down together. Must be gremlins loose in the parks.

snek

It's funny... I just expect dinosaur to be down at least half the day every day, it's become so routine. It's like winning a scratch off when you get to the ride area and there aren't cm's blocking it.

JIMINYCR

Seems like you went on a bad day and hit it at the wrong times. I've never encountered that many rides down in one day in one park. We all go thinking everything going to be running smoothly and you'll get to ride everything without any break downs. But mechanical things wear down, things foul up, so when something goes down I'm thinking, well that stinks but theres still 25 others working. Move on and come back later. Is it a maintenance issue or could it be that with more sophisticated systems they're just more difficult to keep running as smoothly as years ago?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Well, here's one time where I hope they ARE using Roller Coaster Tycoon as a model -- in that game, once your rides start breaking down frequently, it's time to tear them down and replace them, or sooner or later, they start blowing up!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Quite often what appears to be a "breakdown" isn't.

Playing devils advocate for once.

You mean like the people who think the stops on Haunted Mansion to load/offload people in wheelchairs or scooters are "breakdowns"? ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom