Disney may lose its right to build a nuclear power station

donsullivan

Premium Member

I'm glad the bill fizzled because it was a ridiculous political stunt from the start. The nuclear plant language was just a distraction for the Firefighters union to get something they could not get in normal contract negotiations.

The part of that article that's important and represents 100% of what it was all about in the first place is:

"Part of the failed bill also would have given more protection to the Disney’s government firefighters by making contract arbitration binding through the appointment of a special magistrate"

The nuclear plant was a smokescreen set up by the firefighters union because they were mad they didn't get all their demands met in the last contract negotiation. This is exactly how this should have ended. It was never about the nuclear plant construction authority which will never happen anyway.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I'm glad the bill fizzled because it was a ridiculous political stunt from the start. The nuclear plant language was just a distraction for the Firefighters union to get something they could not get in normal contract negotiations.

The part of that article that's important and represents 100% of what it was all about in the first place is:

"Part of the failed bill also would have given more protection to the Disney’s government firefighters by making contract arbitration binding through the appointment of a special magistrate"

The nuclear plant was a smokescreen set up by the firefighters union because they were mad they didn't get all their demands met in the last contract negotiation. This is exactly how this should have ended. It was never about the nuclear plant construction authority which will never happen anyway.
That's pretty Machiavellian of them...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom