Disney Masks

DisneyParamedic

Original Poster
Does anyone know what kind of masks that Disney is likely to require? Will it be a N95, paper mask or something different? There are some masks out there that are more comfortable than others. The bandanna type that you can wear around your neck and slide over your face is not that uncomfortable.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

This is what they are selling, so seems safe to say that the requirement is not very high. Pretty much anything that covers your face.

We have four on order. They are not the BEST masks, from a Medical Standpoint. We HAVE a stash of N95's.

Nope, these are "you sold 'em, now honor them" masks. The BEST mask one can use at WDW is the one that the WDW lawyers signed off on. Just us - marching up to the Checkpoint & pointing.... "SEE? WDW approved Masks".

FettFan

h10u63cyYrU26MT21KhmoqN7b0dM2P9flO2WkMJVzc0.jpg

The Most Magical Biohazard on Earth!

NelleBelle

Leave those N95 masks to healthcare workers. We don't need them especially if we are healthy and not sick. The ordinary polyester masks will do it. What is more important is we clean our hands and not touch or face.
Although if they’re those knock-off Chinese KN95 masks, throw them out!! I have family that works in an ER and the hospital accidentally ordered these horrid masks.

G00fyDad

They will not require n95. My wife and I use them and trust me, you will die of asphyxiation in the Florida heat if you try that one. ;) Just wear something that covers your face and prevents the 6ft-10ft projection of breathing outward. And (I can't believe I even need to say this) WASH YOUR HANDS. :) It is disgusting seeing men walk out of the restrooms without washing their hands. And I know some of you ladies do it too! :cautious:

mdcpr

This is what they are selling, so seems safe to say that the requirement is not very high. Pretty much anything that covers your face.

Their masks have to be the cheapest design there is. One layer fabric made of polyester. A paper towel is more protective than microfiber polyester.

thomas998

Their masks have to be the cheapest design there is. One layer fabric made of polyester. A paper towel is more protective than microfiber polyester.

But you can be sure that Disney will be selling them for the modest price of 19.99... and when little kids see these they will quickly rip off their n95 masks and have a crying fit until their parents give them these worthless masks instead.

mdcpr

But you can be sure that Disney will be selling them for the modest price of 19.99... and when little kids see these they will quickly rip off their n95 masks and have a crying fit until their parents give them these worthless masks instead.
Awful, but you might be right.

FettFan

Funny thing is that I always kept a stock of N95 masks on hand for yardwork during the spring and summer. I didn't even know they were N95.....just picked them up at home depot to head off pollen-related sinus infections.

But lo and behold... N95.

thomas998

That's $19.99 for 4 - not too bad on the price. Similar ones on Ebay are selling for more.
Disney would be selling them as a set of 4 for 19.99... more likely you can get one for 19.99... maybe if the head of their marketing department gets his way they will off a set of 4 for 79.95 so that you get to save a whole penny in the deal.... but how knows they might sell the set of 4 for 99.99 just because it saves you the hassle of picking up 4 separate ones.

MissViv

Disney would be selling them as a set of 4 for 19.99... more likely you can get one for 19.99... maybe if the head of their marketing department gets his way they will off a set of 4 for 79.95 so that you get to save a whole penny in the deal.... but how knows they might sell the set of 4 for 99.99 just because it saves you the hassle of picking up 4 separate ones.

This quote does not make any sense. They are 4 for $19.99.

The Mom

Premium Member
Does anyone know what kind of masks that Disney is likely to require? Will it be a N95, paper mask or something different? There are some masks out there that are more comfortable than others. The bandanna type that you can wear around your neck and slide over your face is not that uncomfortable.

Someone, somewhere in the forum mentioned that if you can blow a match out while wearing the mask it isn't doing anything. I tried it with two different bandanas - one was OK, the other wasn't. I could not blow out the match while wearing any of my two-ply fabric masks.

thomas998

This quote does not make any sense. They are 4 for $19.99.
I was talking about wat they would likely be sold for in the parks, which is always a much higher price than anywhere outside the park, just look at the price of a bottle of water or sd card outside versus in the parks.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Someone, somewhere in the forum mentioned that if you can blow a match out while wearing the mask it isn't doing anything. I tried it with two different bandanas - one was OK, the other wasn't. I could not blow out the match while wearing any of my two-ply fabric masks.

Sounds like sage advice. Not sure if it's actually indicative of anything due to everyone's lung capacity being different but it makes sense that a denser fabric or two-ply or three-ply mask will work better than some of those single-use coffee-filter style masks... or nothing at all. The effectiveness of Disney's mask is still to be determined, but so long as it's fabric it should offer some protection. How much, remains the question. // safety over show //

I don't plan on purchasing any Disney masks as I have enough fabric ones (and not going to a Disney park during a pandemic) but out of curiosity I might try blowing out a match. Couldn't hurt and it might give a better indication of which mask will better protect myself and others.

Those Disney masks look pretty sweet though...

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom