News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Sorry just frustrated with the situation and gave you a short answer

Long answer is because she listens to people on social media and didn’t think it was safe.

Was not political, she is a life long Democrat.
There's an intersection in the Venn diagram of radical right and radical left of those who don't trust science. The rightists are usually opposed because of sovereign freedom of their body and personal space, and the leftists are opposed because it's not natural and therefor will harm you in some way.

The California anti-vax movement were made up mostly of liberal extremists passing around the false narrative of vaccines causing autism.

Trauma

There's an intersection in the Venn diagram of radical right and radical left of those who don't trust science. The rightists are usually opposed because of sovereign freedom of their body and personal space, and the leftists are opposed because it's not natural and therefor will harm you in some way.

The California anti-vax movement were made up mostly of liberal extremists passing around the false narrative of vaccines causing autism.
Sounds like we need a lot less “radicals” and a lot more common sense.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
The rightists are usually opposed because of sovereign freedom of their body and personal space...
As someone, "of the Right," the thing that frustrates me the most is their insistence that the government wanting you to do something is itself, evidence that it's bad.

They say "it's a violation of my individual autonomy for them to inject me with chemicals against my will."

I respond, "right on, brother, I agree with you... but you still should."

It doesn't click for them that the REASON you should get vaccinated is not because Joe Biden or Anthony Fauci or Gavin Newsom (or Donald Trump or Ron DeSantis) are telling you to. You should get vaccinated because it's smart for your own health and an act of civic responsibility (or Christian charity if you're the type) to your neighbors.

Lilofan

As someone, "of the Right," the thing that frustrates me the most is their insistence that the government wanting you to do something is itself, evidence that it's bad.

They say "it's a violation of my individual autonomy for them to inject me with chemicals against my will."

It doesn't click for them that the REASON you should get vaccinated is not because Joe Biden or Anthony Fauci or Gavin Newsom (or Donald Trump or Ron DeSantis) are telling you to. You should get vaccinated because it's smart for your own health and an act of civic responsibility (or Christian charity if you're the type) to your neighbors.
It is not just you should get vaccinated but in some situations you must. If you do not, then risk being fired for violating company policy, seeing limited options to spend your discretionary income, pay for health insurance at a higher rate because you are not vaccinated ( ie Delta Air Lines ) etc.

Incomudro

There's also an annoying trend - and I know a couple of people who are engaged in it of saying "The government/FDA approved these other drugs (insert name of drug here _____ ) that have later proven to be harmful." "So, I'm not taking this vaccine on that premise."
Before that, they were saying that these vaccines weren't FDA approved.
Now that there is FDA approval, they've moved the proverbial goal posts.

Trauma

There's also an annoying trend - and I know a couple of people who are engaged in it of saying "The government/FDA approved these other drugs (insert name of drug here _____ ) that have later proven to be harmful." "So, I'm not taking this vaccine on that premise."
It seems that anything related to Covid is and endless series of moving goalposts.

celluloid

This 100 percent! Love the fact that we can be great people who do not need/want government to tell us what to do. That we can just do the right thing. You stated it very well.

FantasiaMickey2000

Wife’s sister who lives in Florida just tested positive.

She refused to vaccinated and wasn’t worried about the virus because she always wears her mask.

The mask at best is a secondary line of defense.

If you are headed to the parks and not vaccinated you ARE NOT safe just because you will be wearing a mask indoors.
This is my major issue with the militant maskers. They give off the impression that masks make them safe. They don’t. Only the vaccine does. I have family members who won’t get the vaccine because “they’ll just wear a mask instead”. The constant hammering of the masks does just as much harm as good IMO. It should be an all in blitz on the vaccines. Nothing else.

peter11435

This is my major issue with the militant maskers. They give off the impression that masks make them safe. They don’t. Only the vaccine does. I have family members who won’t get the vaccine because “they’ll just wear a mask instead”. The constant hammering of the masks does just as much harm as good IMO. It should be an all in blitz on the vaccines. Nothing else.
It should be both

Chip Chipperson

Too many people think that you're abdicating rights when you do something you do something you're not required to do - as if they're what's standing between us and forced labor camps.

Rich Brownn

Ask them which vaccine has been recalled? (None that I am aware of)

Trauma

So I’m finishing up a week long trip and I’ll give my full masks thoughts when it’s over.

I’ll just point out how inconsistent and weird the rules are for now.

For example we went to the dance hall at the Boardwalk after Epcot last night.

Filled with people dancing and drinking till 1 am.

No masks required.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Ask them which vaccine has been recalled? (None that I am aware of)
Swine flu vaccine in 1976 led to cases of Guillain-Barre syndrome and the entire rollout was abandoned.

Read this article and consider the timeline, and then I'd ask you to respectfully consider why many of these people don't trust what they're being told by the politicians and the journalists. During the last administration, the MEDIA were criticizing the vaccines as rushed and too risky to be trusted. Now those same people are among its loudest cheerleaders.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
During the last administration, the MEDIA were criticizing the vaccines as rushed and too risky to be trusted. Now those same people are among its loudest cheerleaders.
What MEDIA? All the media I consumed were fully aware of Operation Warp Speed, which had bipartisan support, and the accelerated phases that the FDA was allowing. They were applauding the advances in science that would get us a vaccine in under a year.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
What MEDIA? All the media I consumed were fully aware of Operation Warp Speed, which had bipartisan support, and the accelerated phases that the FDA was allowing. They were applauding the advances in science that would get us a vaccine in under a year.
Are you joking?

New York Times: "Gerald Ford Rushed Out a Vaccine. It Was a Fiasco. Trump should keep that in mind as he pushes for a coronavirus shot."

Washington Post: "Trump's rush for a covid vaccine could make it less likely to work"

Vanity Fair: "Trump’s Rush to Release a COVID Vaccine Has Americans Worried"

Time Magazine: "62% of Americans Worry Trump is Rushing a COVID-19 Vaccine"

CNN: "Why Trump should worry about a rushed vaccine"

Reuters: "Democrat Biden warns against rushing out coronavirus vaccine, says Trump cannot be trusted"

Wall Street Journal: "Trump Can Take Credit for Vaccine Progress but Shouldn’t Rush It"

POLITICO: "Trump officials rush to introduce untested vaccine tracking system"

USA Today: "Rushing coronavirus ‘Holy Grail’ vaccine could turn into a curse"

"The whole process is going to take a year, a year and a half, at least." - Anthony Fauci, April 2020

That took me about 5 minutes and all I did was Google "Trump vaccine rush." All we heard for a year leading up to the election was that we shouldn't trust the rushed Trump vaccine. Now we're all supposed to take the safe and effective Biden vaccine, which is the exact same vaccine.

To be very, very clear, I want everyone to get vaccinated. I'm not anti-vax, I'm anti-being-lied-to-for-political-purposes-because-it-gives-the-anti-vaxxers-rhetorical-ammo. The media told us that grass is pink, and now they're upset that people don't believe them when they tell us that the sky is blue.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Are you joking?

New York Times: "Gerald Ford Rushed Out a Vaccine. It Was a Fiasco. Trump should keep that in mind as he pushes for a coronavirus shot."

Washington Post: "Trump's rush for a covid vaccine could make it less likely to work"

Reuters: "Democrat Biden warns against rushing out coronavirus vaccine, says Trump cannot be trusted"

Wall Street Journal: "Trump Can Take Credit for Vaccine Progress but Shouldn’t Rush It"

"The whole process is going to take a year, a year and a half, at least." - Anthony Fauci, April 2020

That took me about 5 minutes and all I did was Google "Trump vaccine rush." All we heard for a year leading up to the election was that we shouldn't trust the rushed Trump vaccine. Now we're all supposed to take the safe and effective Biden vaccine, which is the exact same vaccine.

To be very, very clear, I want everyone to get vaccinated. I'm not anti-vax, I'm anti-being-lied-to-for-political-purposes-because-it-gives-the-anti-vaxxers-rhetorical-ammo. The media told us that grass is pink, and now they're upset that people don't believe them when they tell us that the sky is blue.
Yeah, they're mostly about a political rush. Announcing too early. Setting up false timelines that can't be met. The political administration short circuiting the FDA approval process. About "people's worries" and not the MEDIA's own editorial claim that it is worrisome.

The POLITCO article isn't even about the vaccine, but a tracking system.

Do you have an article in which the MEDIA was claiming the FDA was rushing things and not being careful and not just about the administration's "caretaking" of the process?

SteveAZee

Are you joking?

It's definitely a clickbait world now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom