News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trauma

I wouldn't honestly keep testing. First there are other viruses strong now. Second allergies give me sore throats and with the fires, it's been hazy skies bothering me. Not all sore throats are illness as well.
So I’m responding to helen but a thank you to everyone for your input.

I just took a rapid at home test and came back negative.

I have never worried one bit about covid.

I do have a giant fear of getting others sick though.

Have a good night and good health everyone.

bdearl41

I see tons of vaccine mandates dropping today. Wonder if Disney follows suit.

Add a vaccine mandate and drop all masks. People will lose their minds.
I could see this happening, but not likely until the FDA moves the vaccine from emergency authorization to full approval. It’ll be to watch to see how many companies face lawsuits over a vaccine mandate that’s not yet FDA approved. Note I’m not arguing against a mandate. Just pointing out the existing potential loophole or complications.

I think that vaccine passports are a very likely possibility for future international travel as well if this isn’t the last real spike like many predict.

bdearl41

I know roughly 10 people that have recently (past week) tested positive using the at home kits you can buy at CVS. All of them vaccinated. I'm guessing the actual daily infections are exponentially higher than what the official numbers show.
This seems to be what’s really going on. Gottlieb was saying he thinks the actual infection rate may be 10x to 20x but that the virus itself is A) not dangerous to those vaccinated and b) gonna help to create the illusive herd immunity amongst those unvaccinated. He said the other day on CNBC this will most likely be the last big spike and we will just circulate the virus moving forward like the cold or flu.

Crunchie9

It's like that EVERY weekend. Here is a snippet of the Florida data from July 7th (Wednesday) to Yesterday August 2nd (Monday)

There is usually hardly ANY deviation for the weekends.

View attachment 577123
Red is Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Blue is Saturday, Sunday And Monday

Just because the weekend numbers look stable does not show the full picture.

and in Numerical form.
View attachment 577124

Edit: New tweet after post

Wow… that is nearly statistically impossible. Thanks for the chart. How is that even possible with such a large sample size.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
8202FF21-009B-494A-876B-02EAB67B01C8.jpeg

7A09C788-ED07-4B28-A89C-121ED6498FED.jpeg

4F5613F9-CE50-423E-8238-0FEB03423F36.jpeg

interesting stats I saw last night I wanted to share that doesn’t get much attention in the media. It all about doom and gloom there but regardless people should get the shot…and those vaccinated shouldn’t have to give up our freedoms and continue wearing masks at WDW because of the unvaccinated in my opinion.

I also think there should be as much focus on developing and using therapeutics as there was/is with the vaccine

Last edited:

cranbiz

Doom and Gloom sells ad space. Good news does not.

Heck, even the local media sensationalizes things. A couple of days ago, my dad was hit on his bike by a car. He's 83 years old and due to that and the fact he hit his head on the car's windshield, he was airlifted to a regional trauma center. The media reported that the victim (my dad) had life threatening injuries when in fact all he had was some road rash, bruises, a hematoma on his head and a concussion. He was released several hours after arrival. Fortunately, he was wearing a helmet.

He is fine but sore. At this point in my life, I take what the media reports with a large grain of salt. They can't be trusted to report accurately on a one horse race.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I could see this happening, but not likely until the FDA moves the vaccine from emergency authorization to full approval. It’ll be to watch to see how many companies face lawsuits over a vaccine mandate that’s not yet FDA approved. Note I’m not arguing against a mandate. Just pointing out the existing potential loophole or complications.

I think that vaccine passports are a very likely possibility for future international travel as well if this isn’t the last real spike like many predict.

Disney has mandated vaccines for some staff, but they can't legally do that for guests.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Doom and Gloom sells ad space. Good news does not.

Heck, even the local media sensationalizes things. A couple of days ago, my dad was hit on his bike by a car. He's 83 years old and due to that and the fact he hit his head on the car's windshield, he was airlifted to a regional trauma center. The media reported that the victim (my dad) had life threatening injuries when in fact all he had was some road rash, bruises, a hematoma on his head and a concussion. He was released several hours after arrival. Fortunately, he was wearing a helmet.

He is fine but sore. At this point in my life, I take what the media reports with a large grain of salt. They can't be trusted to report accurately on a one horse race.
Glad to hear your dad is OK

Mousse'

Disney has mandated vaccines for some staff, but they can't legally do that for guests.
Here’s the rub:

- it’s extremely arguable if they can mandate experimental/EUA vaccinations for their employees (there will be lawsuits, the results will be different in the various district courts, and it will likely reach SCOTUS). The judiciary may dodge the bullet by dragging their feet until approval, but we‘ll all see…

- on the converse, I think they could mandate vaccinations for the resorts and park guests ( i.e. You don’t have proof acceptable to them they bar you from stepping on their private property). It may be tougher for Downtown Disney (aka whatever name de jour), as that is a pseudo-public space regardless of how they‘ve tried to preclude that classification.

- entirely just looking at this from an “could” perspective and not if that is a good business decision.

Ponderer

Here’s the rub:

- it’s extremely arguable if they can mandate experimental/EUA vaccinations for their employees (there will be lawsuits, the results will be different in the various district courts, and it will likely reach SCOTUS). The judiciary may dodge the bullet by dragging their feet until approval, but we‘ll all see…

- on the converse, I think they could mandate vaccinations for the resorts and park guests ( i.e. You don’t have proof acceptable to them they bar you from stepping on their private property). It may be tougher for Downtown Disney (aka whatever name de jour), as that is a pseudo-public space regardless of how they‘ve tried to preclude that classification.

- entirely just looking at this from an “could” perspective and not if that is a good business decision.

This whole argument should be irrelevant in short order, at least for Pfizer. They submitted for full approval in early July and they’re expecting it to take 1-2 months.

The only real barrier between EUA and a fully-approved vaccine was 6 months of follow-up safety data. In the normal order of things, that full approval could take years, but between the FDA absolutely front-burnering it and one of the largest test regimes in pharmaceutical history, a lot of analysts think it could come by the end of this month or September.

Chi84

Premium Member
Here’s the rub:

As has been noted here several times, Florida law currently prohibits Disney from requiring vaccinations for resort or park guests and barring them from the property if they don't comply.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Here’s the rub:

The approval of Pfizer is probably going to happen long before and cases make their way though the courts so this will probably be a non-issue.

As for the mandate for guests, I don't know if Disney wants to fight that legal battle with the state.

EeyoreFan#24

As for the mandate for guests, I don't know if Disney wants to fight that legal battle with the state.

My guess is they never(and still don’t) want to go down that road and they knew they didn’t have to worry about it to begin with because they would just be following the law when it was published.

ok, I’ll take off my tin foil hat now, I need it to save the rest of my lunch anyway.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
About 45 pages ago I asked if anyone had the Disney masks and found them comfortable.
I wanted to come back because I just received mine in the mail and I had bought a ton because they were on clearance (same masks have now gone back up to full price btw) and I'm glad I went with the large instead of medium. They fit my smallish face quite well and are actually PERFECT with my glasses. My favorite mask has a thick seam around it that prevents my glasses from fogging and these are pretty similar.
My trip in 3 weeks will not be quite as miserable with masks that I can actually live with.

Nubs70

But Chicago pulled off it for Lallapalooza 4 day musical festival in Chicago Is Disney just lazy and Chicago proactive@?
Outcome of Lollapalooza is not known yet. If both vaccinated and unvaccinated can contract and transmit Delta, we need 2-3 weeks to begin to evaluate.

Chi84

Premium Member
Outcome of Lollapalooza is not known yet. If both vaccinated and unvaccinated can contract and transmit Delta, we need 2-3 weeks to begin to evaluate.
The point was more likely that vaccination status could be checked, not necessarily that the practice curbed the spread of the virus. Chicago is different from Disney because the political leaders here support the idea of vaccination passports, at least to some extent. Disney's hands are tied by Florida law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom