News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilofan

After waiting 1 1/2 years to go back after everyone except the kids in my family were vaccinated it appears that my bad luck has held. I guess we couldn’t have picked a worse time.

We made these reservations about 6 months ago and are in a use or lose situation with points.

We’ll mask indoors and out too if we’re in a crowd. No indoor dining.

Hopefully as we’re bathed in virus our immunity will protect us from any serious consequences.

We’ll quarantine and get tested when we get home.

I hope these don’t end up being my famous last words.
Bring ponchos to prep for daily rainstorms. You will get wet if you are eating outside underneath those picnic tables.

chrisvee

Premium Member
Bring ponchos to prep for daily rainstorms. You will get wet if you are eating outside underneath those picnic tables.
Thanks! The guy who drove us from the airport was telling us about how much more intense the thunderstorms have been.

We’ve got some North Face jackets that’ll keep us dry.

Lilofan

Thanks! The guy who drove us from the airport was telling us about how much more intense the thunderstorms have been.

We’ve got some North Face jackets that’ll keep us dry.
Some guests took pics in MK a few days ago. The streets were so flooded from rains , some kids were practically swimming in the flooded streets.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I'm not going to argue this. The experts have made it extremely clear. Certain news outlets and social media are the ones who've done an incredibly poor job of communicating it.
I would say ALL news outlets and click bait headlines online have done poor honestly. It’s become more about money and politics than real information with all the details and facts and WAY too many believe any headline they see or hear and then defend it

Gran Fiesta

I was there with 2 other fully vaccinated people today from 10am-7pm, Hollywood and Epcot. Yes they’re being enforced, no it’s not the end of the world. Would I cancel a trip because of them? No. Not if masks are the only reason for cancelling.

It seems like the most responsible thing they can do considering their competitors don’t want to step up and the state recorded their highest number ever.
Going next week, I don’t care to wear a mask but how is wearing a mask on the attractions? I don’t know if it will but I just don’t want it the mask to take away from the thrill of the attraction. Like say Rock in Rollercoaster, one of the best things is getting the wind hit my face. Will the mask render that experience in your opinion?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I would say ALL news outlets and click bait headlines online have done poor honestly. It’s become more about money and politics than real information with all the details and facts and WAY too many believe any headline they see or hear and then defend it
People (especially those here in these forums, on either side of the argument) only search for online information/content that suites their personal preference. Objectivity, understanding and patience be damned.

Father Robinson

I would say ALL news outlets and click bait headlines online have done poor honestly. It’s become more about money and politics than real information with all the details and facts and WAY too many believe any headline they see or hear and then defenpoorly
I work for a news outlet. It's absolutely wrong to label "all" as doing poorly. The only reason sensible, rational people know what's really going on is from regular updates by reputable outlets reporting the facts. You're right about clickbait headlines, but they only come from certain news outlets and of course Youtube opinion shows.

Father Robinson

People (especially those here in these forums, on either side of the argument) only search for online information/content that suites their personal preference.
My preference is that this pandemic is over and we don't have to wear masks or distance from each other. I look everyday for facts that will support that. But I'm sensible and can distinguish between what is fact-driven and what is said in order to support politics. Believe me, I would rather not worry (like half the country isn't worried), but the reality is we need to worry, and if we as a country did what the experts have been pleading with us to do for months now, this thing would be over.

DisneyCane

Going next week, I don’t care to wear a mask but how is wearing a mask on the attractions? I don’t know if it will but I just don’t want it the mask to take away from the thrill of the attraction. Like say Rock in Rollercoaster, one of the best things is getting the wind hit my face. Will the mask render that experience in your opinion?
For Rock n' Rollercoaster, I had done it with mask a few times and then without on my last trip. That, TT and EE are the three I would say that the mask actually detracts from the experience. We didn't go to MK on during the mask reprieve so I can't speak for SM or BTM. It doesn't turn the experience into Journey w/ Figment but it does make a difference.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I work for a news outlet. It's absolutely wrong to label "all" as doing poorly. The only reason sensible, rational people know what's really going on is from regular updates by reputable outlets reporting the facts. You're right about clickbait headlines, but they only come from certain news outlets and of course Youtube opinion shows.
Is there such thing as a reputable outlet without any slant in the US? The BBC does better reporting US news more fairly than US media

Father Robinson

Is there such thing as a reputable outlet without any slant in the US? The BBC does better reporting US news more fairly than US media
Yes there is. It's really not useful to you or anyone to claim there's no reputable unbiased US news outlets. Like saying there's no good hospitals in America because people have died in them. Before the internet, how did you get your news? Word of mouth?

Gran Fiesta

For Rock n' Rollercoaster, I had done it with mask a few times and then without on my last trip. That, TT and EE are the three I would say that the mask actually detracts from the experience. We didn't go to MK on during the mask reprieve so I can't speak for SM or BTM. It doesn't turn the experience into Journey w/ Figment but it does make a difference.
This is the only thing I’m worried about with masks in our upcoming trip, I don’t want to pay for a vacation that has limited experiences, but I do understand with the current situation going on. Would you recommend Disney is still worth the money you spend for the trip with masks?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Yes there is. It's really not useful to you or anyone to claim there's no reputable unbiased US news outlets. Like saying there's no good hospitals in America because people have died in them. Before the internet, how did you get your news? Word of mouth?
Before the internet, everything wasn’t politically slanted like it is now. We didn’t have to worry as much about what we are fed

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Interesting I was curious about this as well. Thanks for sharing

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
The plexiglass is way worse than a mask. I'm 100% anti-mask, but it didn't really bother me for a week in the parks except when it rained. That was the only time it was over-the-top uncomfortable.

HeartOfTeFiti

Before the internet, everything wasn’t politically slanted like it is now. We didn’t have to worry as much about what we are fed
I think about this a lot and I really wonder whether or not it's true. I think we were far more likely to be influenced by the people around us, parents, etc. I know I was. I'm horrified when I think about some of the things I believed.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
The science hasn't shifted. The science has always said that variants could pose a threat to the vaccine effects and make Covid much easier to spread. What HAS shifted, is now it's actually happening and the unfortunate result is cases are rising again (hence the need to wear masks again to try to slow it down).

The science has always been extremely clear, but certain people have politicized it, ignored it and defied it. Now we're in this situation.
That's not science, that's a prudential political decision.

"Here's what we know, here's what we think, and here's what we don't know" is science. "Here's what we should do about it" is not science.

Lilofan

That's not science, that's a prudential political decision.

"Here's what we know, here's what we think, and here's what we don't know" is science. "Here's what we should do about it" is not science.
CDC which stands for Centers for Disease Controls is made up of medical professionals to include scientists. Politics is an excuse of some not to wear a mask. Some are also poo-pooing or turning into Karens to test the " No mask No service " by going in unmasked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom