News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epcotbob

The vaccines do not prevent you from contracting the virus, they prevent the severe symptoms if you do become positive. This has been well documented for 6+ months now.
So they don't prevent you contracting or spreading the virus? I guess that was not the impression I had about the efficacy of the vaccine, Maybe we need masks forever?

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

I am SO glad that I am not in that WDW Management meeting - three days of PIZZA and coffee :).

Their largest competitor went for voluntary guest masking. I can just HEAR the Lawyers & "Bottom Line Management" folks yelling at each other....

"We will get sued !"
"It's the 50th and we will get cancellations and loose money !"

So - a modest suggestion? "Proof of Vaccination" at all Park Entrances, Hotels, and Restaurants. Dump the mandatory masking.

There are entire CITIES, Sporting Events, Concert Venues, Cruise Lines, portions of the US GOVT, and multiple Restaurants, doing this. It's not new.

Show me your COVID Card.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I am SO glad that I am not in that WDW Management meeting - three days of PIZZA and coffee :).

Their largest competitor went for voluntary guest masking. I can just HEAR the Lawyers & "Bottom Line Management" folks yelling at each other....

"We will get sued !"

So - a modest suggestion? "Proof of Vaccination" at all Park Entrances, Hotels, and Restaurants. Dump the mandatory masking.

There are entire CITIES, Sporting Events, Concert Venues, Cruise Lines, portions of the US GOVT, and multiple Restaurants, doing this. It's not new.

Show me your COVID Card.
Not allowed due to the state of Florida banning any kind of vaccine proof.

VJ

"We will get sued !"

Show me your COVID Card.
florida just ensured disney won't be able to ask for proof of vaccination

Ponderer

So they don't prevent you contracting or spreading the virus? I guess that was not the impression I had about the efficacy of the vaccine, Maybe we need masks forever?

I mean, ideally, no. The more vaccinated people they are, the harder it is for it to get a foothold, and most importantly, the fewer chances it has to mutate. Delta got in because unvaccinated people gave it a lot more opportunity to figure out how to pick our locks. I suspect we’re gonna need a third shot to supercharge our defenses, though - the studies from Pfizer already show a five-fold increase in protection from Delta after a third shot.

Chomama

Doesn't answer the question. Will they cover ANY and ALL outcomes good OR bad?
Well good outcomes won’t need to be covered. So that’s a yes. And I assume yes on bad outcomes since they are so rare they won’t be at all costly. I’m a confident they have addressed all of this with their legal department and know what they can and cannot do. Thankfully hundreds of millions of people are vaccinated and people aren’t dropping dead all over the sidewalks. Should be good

StarWarsGirl

I have a higher AP level for Universal than I do Disney, but it's really not hard to see that Universal hasn't taken any of this seriously in months. Back when masks were still required indoors I would watch as a team member administered hand sanitizer to a guest that had his mask on his chin and wouldn't say a word. I'd approximate that mask usage at Disney at the height of covid was about 95%, and Universal would have been generous at 85%.

Universal was only quick with covid adjustments when it came to pulling back restrictions. They couldn't care less at this point.
This makes me sad considering when masks were required at my local theme park I used to watch security guards literally chase people down to make them put it back on.

StarWarsGirl

Someone assured me just yesterday this was impossible for Disney to do.

Way to go Disney about time someone starts doing the hard stuff to end this disaster!!!!
So I can open myself to more criticism I would like to talk more about my canceled trip.

When I say Disney does not support the vaccinated, this doesn’t apply only to mask rules.

If Disney announces tomorrow they are requiring vaccination for all employees, I will gladly pick up the phone ( sorry don’t like the website ) and drop a motherload of cash (won’t be able to use my points ) on a trip.

I will post my receipts since everyone here accuses me of lying.

I will show up and GLADLY wear my mask.

I will spend money on food Souvenirs etc.

If Disney is willing to move the needle in the right direction for our country I will proudly support them.

So far all they have done, is what they need to do to continue to make money.

I respect that.

But if they want my money they will have to do more.
So have you picked up your phone to drop all your cash yet?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Do you have a link to any studies showing that? I was searching around but couldn't find anything official...

Don't really need a study to show that, it's just how viruses work. Every time the virus replicates in your body there is a chance it will mutate. If a virus gets a mutation that makes it more infectious it will naturally have a better chance to spread thus increases the population of the more infectious strain. The more people who are infected and the longer this diseases last in their bodies, the more chance for mutation.

HeartOfTeFiti

Don't really need a study to show that, it's just how viruses work. Every time the virus replicates in your body there is a chance it will mutate. If a virus gets a mutation that makes it more infectious it will naturally have a better chance to spread thus increases the population of the more infectious strain. The more people who are infected and the longer this diseases last in their bodies, the more chance for mutation.
You're way more patient than I am ;)

Trauma

So have you picked up your phone to drop all your cash yet?
No taking the advice of another poster I picked up my mouse and keyboard.

I will be in the world in 34 days.

More than happy to wear my mask.

I will cancel again if they require masks outside or they get rid of fireworks.

Outside of that I’m looking forward to it.

Very happy with the move made by Disney today.

StarWarsGirl

No taking the advice of another poster I picked up my mouse and keyboard.

I will be in the world in 34 days.

More than happy to wear my mask.

I will cancel again if they require masks outside or they get rid of fireworks.

Outside of that I’m looking forward to it.

Very happy with the move made by Disney today.
Hope you got the same room rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom