News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Figgy1

Premium Member
5e0ecb72394659877fdb7e45075591b5.gif
I was going to post a Forest Gump gif but I don't want my membership revoked ;)

BuddyThomas

Tony the Tigger

On a practical note, I highly recommend an accessory that goes around your neck and clips onto each side of your mask (much like what they use for eyeglasses.)

I got one a few months ago, and it’s very convenient for switching from mask on to mask off. When you get done with an attraction and get outside, you just unhook your ears and let it hang around your neck until you need to easily put it back on.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Exactly. The good news is that Delta is not deadlier. The next mutation will likely be more contagious but less harmful. That's how viruses work.
True.

but the unknown long haul potential is enough that I’m SICK OF THIS and need for everyone to stop talking, get vaccinated, follow common sense response recommendations…

…and frankly live smarter lives than they have to this point

BuddyThomas

Well in Israel, which is in Delta variant hell, it's more than just the rare case. Why do you think the CDC is recommendeding vaccinated people to mask up?
Hey, I'm happy to mask up. I've been masking up when masking up was not a thing.

But the fact that I am NOW having to mask up AGAIN after I followed every single rule in lockdown during 2020 and I took TWO freaking shots in the arm (and I am the most needle phobic person in the world)....now I'm having to mask up again..... simply because a large portion of this country is living in Fantasyland - even some who have caught the virus and have been hospitalized on death's door, and they still refuse to get the vaccine....now that is an absolute and total disgrace.

And excuse the hell out of me for being infuriated about the entire thing when these ridiculous anti-vax people are ruining everything for everybody...not to mention if the virus mutates a few more times, every last one of us is screwed.

Gringrinngghost

You do realize the vaccine is far from being risk free, correct?
I had gotten both shots of Pfizer and the worst I had was chills before an onset of a 103.3 Degree Fahrenheit / 39.61 Degree Celsius fever fully knowing I've been even though childhood susceptible to higher than average fevers. I was fortunately told by the Nurse Practitioner, that I was allowed to take Ibuprofen post shot as the main side-effects I had was from shot two). It was like 36 hours of discomfort, but I managed with Ibuprofen and man would I do it again because I know it would not be stupid choice. The benefits outweigh the risks so its one of those where you can't have your cake and eat it too.

If you are however so full of yourself that you don't want it because it might inconvenience you, just wait to be intubated, that will ruin your day more than a fever will....

Last edited:

doctornick

Are they still going to do fireworks?
It’ll be interesting to see if they get rid of rope drop again (I hope so) and go back to what they were doing earlier in the year.

I would think these things (and pre shows) won’t change as they were more an issue with social distancing, not mask wearing. Not to mention nothing is changing in terms of being outside (except maybe in outside portions of queues)

Casper Gutman

We're just taking the long route to Disney and every other corporation and private and public entity realizing that its more economical and efficient to require that guests and employees be vaccinated. Google, Netflix, and the federal government got there this week. Disneyland will probably get their pretty soon. For various reasons, its going to take longer for WDW. It would be nice if we could have gotten to that inevitable end point more quickly, but it was always going to have to work this way.

If this all interferes with HHN, though, I'm going to be very, very... unhappy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom