News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdude81

The feedback I’m getting is there are too many people there for the staffing and operational situation and they are acting like buffoons…

covid or not…that sucks.

so are masks “the problem”??
If many posts here are to be believed, masks will solve their problem by greatly reducing the number of guests who are willing to come. I think the given the financial ransom people are willing to pay for this reduced experience, most seem like they would do anything just to be there.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
India had high covid spread earlier on also before this wave, didn't it? Plus had as many as half a million cases reported a day, which is likely to be a vast undercount. At this point they could have more than 60% of their population with some immunity from at least one dose of a vaccine or prior infection. So they really should be on the way down.

Florida may be the same way as those who don't want to get vaccinated may be getting covid. I just wish we could get to the point where kids have an option before we go back to confusing rights and privileges again.

my favorite part…claiming “rights” that were not written down…and ignoring what actually is written down.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If many posts here are to be believed, masks will solve their problem by greatly reducing the number of guests who are willing to come. I think the given the financial ransom people are willing to pay for this reduced experience, most seem like they would do anything just to be there.
I call that bluff

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My family and I visited last October early in the month, when masks were still 100% required, and as strongly as I support masks, I feel exactly the same way as you. It was in the low 90s with FL humidity; walking around EPCOT with zero shade and breathing ultra humid air through a mask was pretty awful. We had to take frequent breaks; my 80-year-old father in law almost fainted. And that was in "autumn"; I can't imagine how nasty it would be in August. I 100% understand people who'd want to postpone their trips if masks were required and they were visiting during the hotter months.
I don’t disagree…which is probably why no one should have been in an amusement park in a uncontrolled medical crisis.

Heelz2315

If Disney were to make any changes to their policy I wonder when that'll be? I also wonder what metrics and/or guidance they use to make them. I've always thought they go by what the CDC says but I'm not 100% sure.

Otterhead

I don’t disagree…which is probably why no one should have been in an amusement park in a uncontrolled medical crisis.
True, but for context (so that you don't think I'm immensely stupid for going there)...
...a trip in mid-2020 was not remotely in the cards for me until my parents-in-law called to say that friends of theirs had gone down & found the parks to be nearly empty, full of fully-masked people being super cool and CM's with zero tolerance for any violations of masks or distancing. They said it felt super safe and secure. They insisted we go, so a brief trip was planned. But by the time we went, I think a lot of other people heard the same thing, so the parks were packed... and there'd been layoffs, so CMs were sparse and overwhelmed. It was crowded and awful, full of angry, nasty guests making a show out of not wearing masks, trying to start fights, and useless CMs. We hid in the room a lot and felt like idiots for going there during the pandemic. Mea culpa.

Lilofan

Yes masks are not required on the ferry
When the frequent daily rainstorms hit WDW I would be wearing a mask on the ferry. The fellow guests will try to escape getting soaked by the rain by crowding into the interior part of the ferry like many others just like many seek cover by overcrowding in the theme parks bathrooms and gift shops when the summer daily rains come.

Disstevefan1

I don't know how many would cancel but I do predict a lot of confrontations with CMs if they bring it back.

Pretty much what I expect at any place that brings it back. It's only been 2 1/2 months since the requirements were lifted (1 1/2 for WDW). If course is reversed that quickly a large percentage of people are going to be annoyed by it. A lot more than were annoyed to the point of non-compliance the first time.

If the CDC changes guidance that soon, no matter what the "science" behind it is, it will be the straw that broke the camel's back when it comes to trusting the experts.
Ture, there may be some confrontations with CMs, but the most folks are civilized. It will be interesting to see what happens. As I commented in my other post, the parks will be MOBBED in any event.

pdude81

Ture, there may be some confrontations with CMs, but the most folks are civilized. It will be interesting to see what happens. As I commented in my other post, the parks will be MOBBED in any event.
It would take 2 or three total incidents of guests getting banned for cast member confrontations before everybody either fell in line or cancelled their trips. I'd go with door number one here, but it's hard to be sure. They have a policy right now that's dumb as nobody cares to follow it and there is no enforcement. I'd prefer them to just say masks aren't required for anybody rather than ignore the fact that 95% of children aren't wearing them when they say anyone who is unvaccinated should wear masks.

Disstevefan1

It would take 2 or three total incidents of guests getting banned for cast member confrontations before everybody either fell in line or cancelled their trips. I'd go with door number one here, but it's hard to be sure. They have a policy right now that's dumb as nobody cares to follow it and there is no enforcement. I'd prefer them to just say masks aren't required for anybody rather than ignore the fact that 95% of children aren't wearing them when they say anyone who is unvaccinated should wear masks.
All they need to do is say masks are "recommended" :) it really does not matter. Folks are still gonna show up in any event.

Otterhead

They have a policy right now that's dumb as nobody cares to follow it and there is no enforcement.
When masks were required, the CMs were simply reminding guests that masks must cover your nose & mouth, but of course, that only lasted until the CM's back was turned and the mask would slip down or off again. I saw plenty of guest confrontation, but CMs said they couldn't do anything unless they saw it happen. It sucks to put the CMs in the position of 'mask police' and it's really not enforceable, as you say.

correcaminos

I agree. We went in May to use up expiring DVC points but the masks were awful. I know they’re a nonissue to a lot of people here, but we found that they made the entire experience much less enjoyable. If the situation is such that masks will be required in October, we’ll cancel and go another time. It’s not like a doctor’s visit - we can go on vacation anytime.
I will say if they do masks outdoors I wouldn't be thrilled either. Indoors was fine even in June with 95 degree temps. But at that point I was extremely used to indoor masking still. I do occasionally here when asked, but the difference between indoors and out was very nice.

I have a November trip so outdoor masks for me wouldn't be the end of the world, but I'm tired of traveling with them. It is much different than wearing at home.

CJR

I don't see any situation that will make Demings look like a winner here.

Even if he did find a way around to bring back a mask mandate, all the governor has to do is modify his order. AND, if Desantis modifies his executive order, it could very well make things worse, not better for Demings.

He's putting way too much effort into a workaround from the governor's order, IMHO.

pdude81

I don't see any situation that will make Demings look like a winner here.

Even if he did find a way around to bring back a mask mandate, all the governor has to do is modify his order. AND, if Desantis modifies his executive order, it could very well make things worse, not better for Demings.

He's putting way too much effort into a workaround from the governor's order, IMHO.
Unless he knows there is nothing that can be done and thinks it worthwhile politically to tell residents he "is trying" to do more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom