News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter11435

The greeters at Everest this evening were unmasked, but the cast on the loading platform all had masks on, which was weird considering we were still very much “outside.” Are they considering a roof over your head to be “inside”?
Per the rules we had before the 15th all ride loading areas were considered indoors. So who knows. Also one doesn't know if the CM is vaccinated or not.
Also just because they can doesn’t mean they will

dovetail65

Or that group people just want to wear the masks because they are touching all the levers and getting closer to more people than most. CM do form clicks, especially the loaders. If they all feel they are safer as their small group when they work we may see CM wearing mask 2 years from now here and there.

Now if all loaders on every attraction wore them we would know if it was a CM rule for loaders.

DisneyCane

One thing that was surprising to me last week is that, only two days after the policy change for guests, it seemed that 99% of people knew masks were no longer required. WDW was very different than going to a national retail store shortly after the policy change where a high percentage still continued to wear one.

LittleBuford

One thing that was surprising to me last week is that, only two days after the policy change for guests, it seemed that 99% of people knew masks were no longer required. WDW was very different than going to a national retail store shortly after the policy change where a high percentage still continued to wear one.
Continuing to wear a mask is not the same as mistakenly thinking it’s still required. I suspect the difference you noted is more to do with the fact that those choosing to visit a crowded theme park during a pandemic are likely to be less risk-averse (and thus readier to ditch masks) than other people.

jaklgreen

I would absolutely call it punishment. You are punishing a child for being a child. They didn’t choose not to get the vaccine. Imposing a penalty on a person (especially that they find to be unpleasant) due to an offense (here, being a child) is punishment.

Come on now, wearing a mask for their health and safety is not a punishment. We all have had to do things that others have not. It is that type of mentality that made it so much harder to get rid of covid. Too many did not want to wear their masks and went out and about spreading it. I don't understand how you can possibly see keeping your child safe a "punishment". Good Lord.

Chi84

Premium Member
It’s just been reported that WDW has removed signage about wearing masks from Main Street in MK to bring the park back to its “pre-COVID appearance.” No mention of whether there are still signs at the park entrances or on buildings. Im assuming they’re still putting up some warnings about COVID.

Tom P.

It’s just been reported that WDW has removed signage about wearing masks from Main Street in MK to bring the park back to its “pre-COVID appearance.” No mention of whether there are still signs at the park entrances or on buildings. Im assuming they’re still putting up some warnings about COVID.
Disney wants the parks back to 100% normal. They are going to do the absolute minimum they can, in terms of notifications to guests, to cover themselves legally. But they are going to do their best to get rid of any visual reminders of the previous Covid policies.

Chi84

Premium Member
Disney wants the parks back to 100% normal. They are going to do the absolute minimum they can, in terms of notifications to guests, to cover themselves legally. But they are going to do their best to get rid of any visual reminders of the previous Covid policies.
I suggested back in January (?) that instead of checking vaccination status WDW would just put up signs saying unvaccinated persons are strongly encouraged to wear a mask. That didn’t go over well with the people who were convinced Disney has an obligation to protect its guests from COVID. Now I’m wondering if they will even go as far as putting up warning signs. So much for Disney being stricter than the CDC and not removing masks until children can be vaccinated.

jlhwdw

This. As much as Disney doesn't care about protecting show like they used to, the whole COVID operation things with the signage, distance markers, etc., was the absolute opposite of what they want "good show" to be as there were constant reminders of the outside world. From the day the parks reopened they were waiting for the moment there would no longer have to be a mention of COVID in the theme park bubble.

DisneyCane

This. As much as Disney doesn't care about protecting show like they used to, the whole COVID operation things with the signage, distance markers, etc., was the absolute opposite of what they want "good show" to be as there were constant reminders of the outside world. From the day the parks reopened they were waiting for the moment there would no longer have to be a mention of COVID in the theme park bubble.
Hopefully they will allow the fully vaccinated CMs to dispense with the masks indoors soon and a very high percentage of CMs are fully vaccinated. Muffled speech through a mask is from a CM is not exactly good show either.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
It says cast member have the option of using the plexiglass at the stores (and I assume resort check in). Does that mean the dividers will be stored behind the counter somewhere and individual cast members can add or remove it depending on their comfort?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It says cast member have the option of using the plexiglass at the stores (and I assume resort check in). Does that mean the dividers will be stored behind the counter somewhere and individual cast members can add or remove it depending on their comfort?
I believe that is the case. Or they may have a couple of registers with plexi, and some without.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom