News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It’s called Fear Prn and over the last 16 months or so a ton of people have been fed it daily by the media and are now addicted (I’m a pretty middle of the road voter who reads information from lots of sources and even I don’t trust the media on the scare tactics)

That was going on long before the pandemic.

ToTBellHop

So kids are expected to wear masks since they can not be vaccinated? or are kids under the age of 12 exempt from the policy now? I know they were not back in March. Not trying to be argumentative just looking for clarification.
Anyone who is unvaccinated is expected to wear a mask. I’m also expected to drive no faster than 65 mph on the highway.

correcaminos

Regarding children, I think it is well known at this point that the CDC is going to issue updated guidance for them in the near future that basically says they children younger than 12, who can't be vaccinated at this point, don't really need to be wearing masks in school. Walensky herself basically said as much on TV. The exact timing of that update is uncertain, but it's coming. Now, while the CDC may focus specifically on schools, that is essentially going to be the final shoe to drop. If children and adults can be congregated together in a school all day long without masks, it makes no sense what-so-ever to require them to wear them when making a trip to Walmart or going on a ride at Disney. And no one is going to enforce masks on young children at that point, if they are even enforcing them now.
They are.

G00fyDad

This guy....
OIP.jpeg.jpg

cmwade77

Or perhaps this "crowd" is simply being cautious?

I'm fully vaccinated and happy to walk about without a mask! :)

But it makes no difference to me if someone who is fully vaccinated continues to wear a mask.

Why do you care?
As long as they don't care if I don't wear a mask, I don't really care for the most part, if they are wearing it because it makes them feel safer.

What concerns me is that there will be people coming in when they know they are sick (with any contagious disease) just because they think they can't spread any disease if they are wearing a mask. This is a primary reason why I would have liked to see temperature checks continue, although I would have liked to see them changed to more what SeaWorld was doing where you walked by a scanner and it checked. While it doesn't do much to weed out those with COVID as they have discovered, it can catch other illnesses.

The other issue is I have seen some people refuse to pull their masks down for those that are hard of hearing that rely on reading lips.

But outside of those few points, it really doesn't matter much to me if they want to wear a mask or not.

cmwade77

I actually heard beginning of the week, so he may be right. My source is fairly high up in the unions.
My guess is it will depend on what CalOSHA out here in California does. I am guessing they will want a unified policy and they are supposed to release updated guidelines early next week, possibly Monday.

runnsally

As long as they don't care if I don't wear a mask, I don't really care for the most part, if they are wearing it because it makes them feel safer.

What concerns me is that there will be people coming in when they know they are sick (with any contagious disease) just because they think they can't spread any disease if they are wearing a mask. This is a primary reason why I would have liked to see temperature checks continue, although I would have liked to see them changed to more what SeaWorld was doing where you walked by a scanner and it checked. While it doesn't do much to weed out those with COVID as they have discovered, it can catch other illnesses.

The other issue is I have seen some people refuse to pull their masks down for those that are hard of hearing that rely on reading lips.

But outside of those few points, it really doesn't matter much to me if they want to wear a mask or not.
Watch out for those risk-tolerant, inconsiderate mask wearers. They’re the real pandemic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom