News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Aren't most of their new cases in people under 30 (who just became eligible for vaccination last week)?

I am not sure about the eligibility part, but yes. However it seems that this varient is more dangerous for younger people than previous ones. And the vaccines slightly less effective so there are more breakthrough cases. What has to happen over there is a higher % of people need to get 2 doses of the vaccine to stop the virus from being able to spread.

Here, there are parts of the US that I think will be fine and parts that aren't, if it does make it's way over here and break out.

DisneyCane

Correct. Not Cast yet, but those who must wear face shields can now wear safety goggles.
Where did they come up with this ridiculous face shield thing for CMs? Healthcare providers don't wear face shields except in specific, high risk situations. In all of my contact with Doctors and Nurses over the last year, not one was wearing a face shield or goggles.

Okay, masks gone, that is wonderful because the rising tempature and rising crowd level were heading for a combustion point.

When can my child hug Mickey again?! 😫😫😫

As soon as the return of Fast Passes are announced I’ll be booking my September trip!

dovetail65

Where did they come up with this ridiculous face shield thing for CMs? Healthcare providers don't wear face shields except in specific, high risk situations. In all of my contact with Doctors and Nurses over the last year, not one was wearing a face shield or goggles.
Where do live?

AT My hospital in IL about 40% wore the face shields over the last 15 months in addition to their masks(I go once a month to the D). Some wear the combo which is like a clear mask with shield goggle all in one, which is the best as you can see the persons mouth and can hear the talking so much easier and they have full coverage over eye too. My son and I wore N95 mask with shield over until we were vaccinated, the rest of my family rarely wore our shields.

Last edited:

GaBoy

Where do live?

AT My hospital in IL about 40% wore the face shields over the last 15 months in addition to their masks(I go once a month to the D). Some wear the combo which is like a clear mask with shield goggle all in one, which is the best as you can see the persons mouth and can hear the talking so much easier and they have full coverage over eye too.
Daughter worked in a hospital and had to wear the N95 (everywhere) and face shield ( in the COVID ward only). Outside of the hospital environment, we (and she) didn't see any face shields. I assume that is what DisneyCane is referring to. Did see a huge uptick in telehealth opportunities.

dovetail65

Daughter worked in a hospital and had to wear the N95 (everywhere) and face shield ( in the COVID ward only). Outside of the hospital environment, we (and she) didn't see any face shields. I assume that is what DisneyCane is referring to. Did see a huge uptick in telehealth opportunities.
At the hospitals I go to(I need go to two) the workers didn't appear to have to wear the shields, I say that becasue at the desk for example, one would have one the person right next to them didn't. And that means both mask and faceshield, the shield does not replace the mask.

In public here the face shield number was very low, but my son and I never felt weird wearing them and the face shields were not unseen. Yes, I would say less than 5% wore the face shields maybe less. Never to have seen seen one in public though? That has to be regional.

I am just glad Disney changed the rules. The last time in the heat with the mask made me tell my wife we won't go back with mask rules. All the online "conversations" about how mask and things like that don't work hopefully come to an end and now we can focus on the next rule changes, like bumping up the occupancy and getting FP and AP back in some form!

Last edited:

PuertoRekinSam

Their vaccine is only 30% effective against it, that's why.
Is this related to the UK plan of getting as many people the first dose as possible and waiting 12 weeks between shots instead of the 3-4 in the US?

I was under the impression the drop from one shot was from 60ish percent to 30ish. But the two shots (+2 weeks) was still above 80%

dovetail65

So kids are expected to wear masks since they can not be vaccinated? or are kids under the age of 12 exempt from the policy now? I know they were not back in March. Not trying to be argumentative just looking for clarification.
I found this in an article so I guess the kids are supposed to wear masks, but Disney is not going to make them:

If my kids are under age 12, and thus cannot possibly be vaccinated, will they be required to wear masks?

Again, this is effectively the end of enforcement of rules by Walt Disney World.
Even though it can reasonably be deduced that a small child is unvaccinated, Disney will not be policing whether they wear masks in light of the above. Instead, all unvaccinated guests will be “expected” to wear masks.

CAV

Where did you get that idea?
Do you understand the difference between legislation and an Executive Order? As I explained before, the EO has no enforceable sanctions. You dont want to follow it, dont. You can't be arrested. You can't be fined by the government. You can't be sued by the government. The only "tool" the government has is to withhold grants and government funded contracts.

I work at a major airport. A chief of police at a major airport, in fact. The President has issued an EO that everyone entering an airport will wear a mask. It is the airport management's duty to enforce that-put on a mask, or leave. If the airport management doesn't do that, PPP, grants and other funding can taken away. Police cannot and do not enforce the EO because it is not a law it is a rule. Now, someone doesn't want to follow the rule, the airport management can tell them to leave and if they dont, the police can enforce the trespass.

If you want benefits, follow the EO. But you can't be punished for not following an EO.

CAV

People don't understand the difference between your mom telling you that you have to do something and your dad telling you that you have do something. If your dad is telling you to do something, it does NOT have to be followed.
I understand the difference between people talking about something they dont understand and thinking they do understand.

Disney Glimpses

So kids are expected to wear masks since they can not be vaccinated? or are kids under the age of 12 exempt from the policy now? I know they were not back in March. Not trying to be argumentative just looking for clarification.
I would be surprised to see many kids masked at WDW come 6/15. It doesn’t sound like Disney plans on enforcing it at all; regardless of obvious lack of eligibility due to age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom